Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021

Thread: Friday with Means - November 13th, 2009 - Friday teh 13th 110100101!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Alternity View Post
    When it comes to MMO's getting a graphic overhaul, I think there is one game that leads the way

I can but hope that one day AO, will have a chance to see such graphics.

And for you tards out there, yes I know you can't directly compare EVE and AO gfx wise, 2 totally different game engines with different purposes.
    However aesthetics transcends such things, EVE is a beautiful game stunning to say the least, I wish the same for AO
    Sorry, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PAM0wr7cZ8&hd=1 the new graphics update for Aion leads
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    Sorry, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PAM0wr7cZ8&hd=1 the new graphics update for Aion leads
    Yes, that is comparable with AO..
    and wow.. if AO could get that overhaul, it would be great.
    From what I see: attacking multiple targets at the same time, "pulling" an enemy near, swiming, combat in water, taming animals for riding, more than one person on vehicles..

It all boils down to: Why do people play starcraft still?
    Superior gameplay.

AO is still unique in many ways.
    As time goes by other games will have had time to copy and expand on what AO had/has.

Talking about Real Time Strategy(RTS) as starcraft is, there have been MANY out after, some have focused on graphics, 3D and gimmicks, but lacked in either evolution or number of units and factions, or they have not been balanced properly.

AO still is something unique, in the vast amount of nanoes, and hence possibilities, along with being skill based.
    The WOW and AOC feat-trees are too simple for me.

Some say a new AO will not come, as it is too complex, aiming for too little of the market share.

The only competitor, as I see it, is if EVE online opens up a branch for on-planet adventuring, and limits the number of habitable planets, so people are gathered at a few planets, so they indeed do become massive multiplayer.

and even if they do that, they might mess up on the number of items, how combat runs etc.

All in all I think that AO will stay unique.
    but with time there is the danger of other companies outright copying it and do it with better graphics and more possibilities (multiple person vehicles etc. showed in the video).

Kind Regards
    -Ariensky

Thank you for the link Mastablasta
    Humankind can not gain anything, without first giving something in return.
    To obtain; something of equal value must be lost.
    That is the 1st law of equivalent exchange

Rubi-Ka needs: a nickel statue of an astronaut pointing at the sky
    With the description / plate saying:
    When the stars burn out and I find I lack the strength to continue...one of YOU wil pick up the flag and carry it forward.
    This really isn't a corporate product anymore...it belongs to all of us. Where it goes it up to us.

Sorry Aion lose based on the fact that it's a dime a dozen I have long ears fantasy BS been there done that, hello we copied every other fantasy game out there, based theme.
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

http://www.planetcalypso.com/

Ya it's all well and good they use a good graphics engine. It's about all that game has going for it.
    Enter the Information Age
    Proc Descriptions

Hunt, and be hunted: The Hunting Grounds | Alien Tower Field :Aliens, that really invade!
    Pet argo management: Servants Protection | Expand the Notum Silo :Make it worthwhile

Rimor
    Tesgri - 220|17|58 (Omni Agent)
    Leara - 220|25|62 (Omni Doctor)
    Ponygirl - 220|25|56 (Omni Bureaucrat)
    Means: "We have done way dumber things than this..."

Already a gfx update for Aion?

Cant say anything about the game itself, but that video was the best video i have seen form any mmorpg game.

Aion may look awsome and even better now, but it is as genetic and "common" as monster parts. Played in on closed Beta, open Beta, got a free month, just couldnt make it past lvl 20... combat may be cool at first with the combos and fancy moves but it gets boring after the 1,000th time.

Aion is more eyecandy then gameplay. They tried to make air combat a selling point but while a nice feature, its like mechs in AO you cant use them everywhere.

Aion is just a game done right, it also pisses me off how all character customization just end up with some stereotypical good looking hot girl or male. Most important slider is "chest size" for some.

AO in the other side is such a great game that doesn't rely on eye candy to kickass. But a gfx update is very welcome
    Last edited by heilt-do; Nov 26th, 2009 at 15:01:51.

Quote Originally Posted by heilt-do View Post
    Most important slider is "chest size" for some.
    Just like in real life....

Quote Originally Posted by heilt-do View Post
    combat may be cool at first with the combos and fancy moves but it gets boring after the 1,000th time.
    im sure glad AO doesn't have repetitive boring combat
    Nanomage Meta-Physicist : Squad Commander [Famous Last Words] [RK2]
    Interested in applying? [Click Here]

Quote Originally Posted by windcaster View Post
    im sure glad AO doesn't have repetitive boring combat
    Aion is just like its one hundred and fifty-something Korean grindfest cousins, albeit a bit more eyecandy.

While it's not the worst experience I've had from an MMORPG, it certainly lacks depth in more ways than I care to mention.

I cannot wait for AO's engine to complete. To combine the technological beauty of dreamworld, with the artistic beauty of AO's environment... That would be an accomplishment in which not even Aion could compete.

I have a max level gladiator in Aion and while the graphics are really nice and the attack animations and comboes are impressive the game is simply extremely shallow.
    Its just another generic Korean grind-core clone.

Flying combat loses its luster after the first 30 levels and ultimately is very frustrating for melee classes. (for all classes really since its to easy to escape when flying).

It could have been amazing, but it isnt.

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021