Thread: A scope/crit solution we can all live with?

Thumbs up A scope/crit solution we can all live with?

Please, please, please I implore you to reconsider your plan to remove the LLTS from the game & implement the following alternative. Introduce the higher QL Targeting Scope - Vision Enhancer, adjust the QLs to be 1-200 & reintroduce the Low Light Targeting Scope . Make them both missionable items. The Ranged Initiative penalty should be lowered slightly for both scopes & the Range Increase bonus, although irrelevant, should be the same. I would also like to see the Nanocasting Initiative penalty removed from the lower QL VEs or added to the LLTS. But hey, I'm an X-3 Agt. Although, a NcI penalty on the lower QL VE does not seem unreasonable to me. Also, with the ip costs to equip both scopes as they are, the LLTS should have a higher AS bonus than the VE. That green hue must be good for something. And about that lovely green hue, I like the suggestions for it to be turned OFF/ON with a screwdriver using the same skills required to equip it. Possibly even lowering the AS bonus to match the VE when deactivated. And as much as I hate to suggest this, maybe the old school MA crit buffs need to be removed from the game as well. Then make the Mark of... line Martial Artist (so Agents can't use it) and self-only, as well as making Take the Shot self-only too. Not everyone is going to be happy here, but isn't this the best compromise we have & probably the easiest to implement?
    Thanks for listening
    /me ducks and attempts to parry attack
    Last edited by Pneuma; Oct 5th, 2002 at 00:08:28.

Edited

Made quite a few edits to the original post. Please let me know what you like and dislike about the proposal. Please include why you feel this way & how the proposal could be improved in such a way that FC & the players would accept it.
    Thanks

More revisions

I made a few more revisions to the original post. I'm somewhat surprised by the lack of replys. Does this mean that the suggestions make sense, but no one wants to bite the bullet on this? Is this a compromise that we could all live with?
    Last edited by Pneuma; Oct 5th, 2002 at 05:07:55.

only one way to do it and make everyone happy, start making LLTs drop as mission items again, however we all know that won't happen so take them out of the game completely.

you know as well as i do that giving these things other better mods won't stop the calls for nerf. just take em out altogether and be done with it.

Yeah lol. Says a Martial artist ROFL. Hell yeah. if i was a MA i would not care about scopes either... take all crit buffs and items away, then MA will SUCK BADASS...

Just remove all scope but the new ones from game...
    So long,

Tom Nightwish Callagher; Rk3's first lvl200 pvp/tradeskillzzz Trader eqp - Status Bored *g*
    Shorty Instantkill McPot; lvl 200 Agent Rk3 eqp - One Man Army
    Blossom Powapufgirl Buttercup; lvl 191 Enforcer - Flavour of teh last 4 months. Clones DO suck, but...

Tom Nightwish Demesa; Trader on Rk2