Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Silirrion on balance

Quote Originally Posted by Esqi View Post
    Dont disagree with you Hacre, but the overall tone of the thread is "sil messed it up" which is what i didnt totally agree upon
    Well of course some preferred classes will feel differently about Sil than others. I don't take the improvements my NT got as any sort of compensation for the continued nerf batting my original chosen main got (Keeper) nor am I surprised that Soldiers love the guy.

However overall, for the game, he did more bad than good when it came to PvP. SB+OS anyone? All the other things I mentioned? Proc (pure luck) PvP?

Not to mention the continued ignorance Agents have had from FC as a result of some random statistic that we never got any information on and I don't even play one!

Please.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

Quote Originally Posted by Hacre View Post
    Well of course some preferred classes will feel differently about Sil than others. I don't take the improvements my NT got as any sort of compensation for the continued nerf batting my original chosen main got (Keeper) nor am I surprised that Soldiers love the guy.

However overall, for the game, he did more bad than good when it came to PvP. SB+OS anyone? All the other things I mentioned? Proc (pure luck) PvP?

Not to mention the continued ignorance Agents have had from FC as a result of some random statistic that we never got any information on and I don't even play one!

Please.
    You obviously want to turn this into a keeper thread.

Why would i love him? I just said that people only judge the GD for what good they got from him.

Dont forget that with the love soldier's got in general, we also got pumped as well.

If you want to start about keepers, pre LE no one could kill them and i remember a crew of people would often chase them down in Bor/Icc/Tir/OA/WA in hope we could kill them.

So "please" if you really want to be a poufpaf about this go for it, but dont play see no evil hear no evil BS cause in reality keepers were freakin OP beyond any class that is today, even trox enfos.

RRfe+bracer + decent dodge-aad + medium HP setup and you guys simply crushed everything, the fact that this was a recognised problem led to the situation you guys are in today, a tough prof without any form of decent alpha.

Dont deny this was the case, as anyone who pvpd against a decently geared one will clearly agree.

I dont not agree with you that keepers need some sort of love patch, but nothing to the point that would rekindle memories of old, do you remember them OP dreams that were so vivid?

I do.

OS introduction?

Ok i remember on rk2, clan would bring 140people to a NW battle, omni would bring a consistent 50-80.

It was similar on rk1 i was told, i remember Satenia and co bragging about the zerg hehe

OS was widely used by both sides at LE launch, i clearly remember the barrage of OS strikes during the wars i was involved in, clans would even use crat/trader aoe tools to keep omni in a area.

This was done by having 120-140 people at a site, creating a massive lag ball that the opposing force could not get near due to CC rules, so if you did get a chance to target/call anyone/group.. u were cc'd beyond belief.

You ended up getting cc'd near another OS strike.

I would say clan used it really well, as did omni and then, omni went bit further and combined SB/roots/snares with it..

When clan got handed eventually (it actually wasnt really a result of sb-os, it was hardly used back then), the leadership cracks appeared and it all went to hell..

Naturally the leadership didnt adapt and blamed mechanics.

OS created a more even playfield, were combatants werent as bunched up, multiple callers, multple call teams, flank squads etc.

If your on the losing side, its easy to blame mechanics rather than the lacking leadership and pathetic morale that was associated with a bloated raidforce full of greenies, designed purely to abuse CC mechanics in NW.

Now please, you all treat him like he is Gaute or something..
    Posted by Seventh: Has something to do with the fact that RL speaking im 172 sm high and weight 96 kg, all of which come in muscle form (and guessing your reaction about forum pvp, yes i can log into webcam )

Said the pixels lol..

Also to add to this Hacre, OS mechanics got changed and clan still fail, look at tl7 LCA map for proof.

Blame the mechanic + GM + dev team for poor leadership/morale aye?
    Posted by Seventh: Has something to do with the fact that RL speaking im 172 sm high and weight 96 kg, all of which come in muscle form (and guessing your reaction about forum pvp, yes i can log into webcam )

Said the pixels lol..

Of course you will have people from classes that under Sil went up to 30% of active population say everything he did , he did with a golden touch. PvM record he has largely positive , he also managed to drag 2 classes out of the mud, which is always nice , however he messed up a lot of stuff, starting with refusing to fix (still unversolved) issues with Ofab Armors , procs and research, going from there and messing up again in every patch. Basically everytime they released sets of profession specific content it turned out to be huge failure, unless you were played a few "chosen ones", not to mention stuff like global research which was a complete screw up.

I'm still waiting for my Engineer's first LE nano from VP shop btw.

Also, Keepers were definitely NOT in denial shortly after LE release - overflow of HP and ADD items killed them, but it took over a year for that to happen. Of course if your perspective on the issue comes from playing Solitus Keeper and NT with 40% caps in place , with the second one being able to score more kills during the round while lying on the bed pressing tripulbutan with your feet, its not surprising you see things that way

Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    Of course you will have people from classes that under Sil went up to 30% of active population say everything he did , he did with a golden touch. PvM record he has largely positive , he also managed to drag 2 classes out of the mud, which is always nice , however he messed up a lot of stuff, starting with refusing to fix (still unversolved) issues with Ofab Armors , procs and research, going from there and messing up again in every patch. Basically everytime they released sets of profession specific content it turned out to be huge failure, unless you were played a few "chosen ones", not to mention stuff like global research which was a complete screw up.

I'm still waiting for my Engineer's first LE nano from VP shop btw.
    My thoughts exactly.

What nano by the way? I just bought a couple nanos for an Engi friend, but apparently not the one you're talking about.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

Why is noone choosing to bold the part where Sil says he DOESNT LIKE the Rock/Paper/Scissors system?

(his changes in AOC were also massively positive, btw)
    Never in a hurry, I'm just moving fast

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkst44h View Post
    He also got the game playable for almost everyone in PVP, making a huge step forward since LE hit. You may not like these things, but they certainly balanced the game - Which isnt as unbalanced as anyone really thinks it is.
    This^^

Where were NT's, traders, mp's before Sil? They are powerfull now, but so is every other profession depending on who's talking.

I think the article is spot on and I'm happy to see that FC thinks about those things. It gives confidence.
    Zirkonium 220 Nanomage Engineer - RK2 - Omni
    Mereditche 170 Opifex Agent - RK2 - Omni
    Misfiled 49 Nanomage Enforcer - RK2 - Omni (First! Mongo Smash!)

This is my favorite quote from that article:

Quote Originally Posted by Silirrion
    Don't get me wrong you get good feedback, often a lot of good feedback, from players but you do also have to weight that against the data you have and the systems you have in the back end controlling the budgets and recognize the inherent bias that can exist in most balance feedback.
    Signed,
    An Agent
    Still playing the statistically best performing PvP profession.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

iirc Sil wasn't GD when they started LE development. And for those who were on LE beta, it was wayyyy worse at start.

Also being GD doesn't mean you can do anything you want with the game nor design everything. There are devs to blame too.
    blah

Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    for some reason, some people choose a class, and then decide they dont like it anymore. instead of rerolling or such (i suppose theres an emotional attachment to the char, or all the time they wasted), they lobby for the class to be changed into something its not. like, turning NTs into some uber tank. or MPs into uber AS damage dealers (..oh wait...).. these people dont care they're contributing to the destruction of the uniqueness of the game. they just want it all, and they wanted it last month....
    I was never (in my entire LIFE) as much agreed like with those lines.

99% of post on THIS forum is from players, that just pickied wrong class for PVP and Now they require Balance

By making "upgrades" to proffesion, we got soldiers/fixer wtf pwned on lowbie (70-150) lvls by NTs and Docs. I never wanted such changes. But ok. I rolled new toons and Now I can wtf pwn soldiers... hey!? What soldiers on low lvls... they are gone

Remeber when everyone rolled lvl 75 NT twink with 50-80HP? Bore was crowded with them, lmao... so how it goes... higher the char, harder to reroll. Thats why I stick with lowbie PVP, since FC changes things each 6 months.

I belive, in 1 year Keep will be WTF pwn again everyone and Enfs will be worse class
    I like PvP
    TL6: Tereshkova 200 eng / Patrollerz 200 sol / Tankietka 200 NM enf / Pielegniarka 200 Tank Doc / Oleska 200 SOLIKeep
    TL5: Miazga 150 sol / Piknababa 150 NM Enf 2he / Gigantika 150 NM Enf / Malutki 150 Enf Trox WIP
    TL4: Ladyrazor 112 fixer (retired) / Shha 100 NT / Cycolina lvl 100 NM Enforcer
    + Tons of other chars...
    I make weird TwInkz!
    Signature updated: 29/06/2016

Now please, you all treat him like he is Gaute or something..
    I think you are on to something here. He wasn't all that far off from Gaute tbh in my book. I despise both GD's with equal vehemence.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkst44h View Post

(his changes in AOC were also massively positive, btw)
    I'll give him that. He did better with AoC... oh wait NOPE. He did the same damn thing there too. He {removed} up the balance between melee, ranged and casters overnight. His "massive changes" to AOC left me with an unpaid account because I {removed} hate caster classes and refuse to play one "JUST" to be competative in PVP.

Just to explain what he is sooo confused on why there are more melee than casters even tho casters are over powered... because it's Age of Conan (a game who's lore is purely anti-caster and a game which should have had "NO" casters in it period!) and the majority of players I met there wanted to play a game WITHOUT {removed} casters, just like me!

Oh and how are Dark Templar these days? I deleted mine when I left in disgust. No reason to continue playing the biggest laughing stock melee class in any game in PvP since shades were introduced many years ago. How about conquerer's oh wait I deleted that one too..
    Last edited by Anarrina; Nov 10th, 2009 at 17:22:35. Reason: removed obscenities

Quote Originally Posted by SultryVoltron View Post
    What nano by the way? I just bought a couple nanos for an Engi friend, but apparently not the one you're talking about.
    He meant a usefull nano for engineers. Don't pretend you did not understand. I hope you pretended, right?
    Astarra "Esthaer" Hakhamaneshi, Atlantean Clan Female Pistol Nanomage Engineer 220/30/70
    Maryam "Mirienne" Hakhamaneshi, Atlantean Clan Female Pistol Solitus Engineer 220/15/60
    Member of Infinity

Mavritanic:"start this topic is your selfowning"

Also to add to this Hacre, OS mechanics got changed and clan still fail, look at tl7 LCA map for proof.

Blame the mechanic + GM + dev team for poor leadership/morale aye?
    Who mentioned towers at all? I said SB+OS, not SB+OS = only reason Clan /fail waaah.

Speaking of LCA maps, yeah check out RK1's.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    Also, Keepers were definitely NOT in denial shortly after LE release - overflow of HP and ADD items killed them, but it took over a year for that to happen. Of course if your perspective on the issue comes from playing Solitus Keeper and NT with 40% caps in place , with the second one being able to score more kills during the round while lying on the bed pressing tripulbutan with your feet, its not surprising you see things that way
    This feels like a swipe at me.

Just FYI, my NT has never fired a single 40% capping shot, let alone 3x 40% capped hits.

No, Keepers weren't ruined instantly, but I don't see why it matters if it was insta nerf on patch day or happened after a few changes like more HP and total absorb nerfage as well as everyone and their dog rolling Soldiers.
    Member of Spartans
    Genius at work.

Taking shots at previous game directors might make you feel better, but doesn't really have a lot useful to contribute to the current discussions on game balance.
    Coordinator Anarrina
    Public Forums Moderation Team Lead
    Community Relations Department

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12