Thread: Trader Drains solution - For Balance.

Trader Drains solution - For Balance.

As have been spoken here, on balance forums aswell as in game suggestion, there is somewhat need of makeing trader drains less accurate w/o cripling trader abilitis of PVM/RP (like wrangling).

Now, most have seen idea of lvl locking drains (which I was suggesting like 3 years from now?). Its one of the solutoins. Now I want to share other, problably better solution.

Rework whole drain line, so it will work in 2 diff ways.

1. NPC (PVM):

If trader lands drain, mechanics will be the same. It will allow still to chaindrain target for many purposes (survivability or for wrangling somone else... ect.)

2. Human player:

When trader lands Drain, in NCU should appear DRAIN A nano (hostile), which will block landing other, from same line. This should work in same manner for Drain B.

Now, in PVP, those good twinked in NANO skills will land better ones, and wont be equall for gimps cause LVL lock.

It will also prevent for low TLs to make -AR, or weapon 0% (in most cases).

PVM wont be affected at all, aswell as uniquenes of twink abillities or wrangling at low lvls.
    I like PvP
    TL6: Tereshkova 200 eng / Patrollerz 200 sol / Tankietka 200 NM enf / Pielegniarka 200 Tank Doc / Oleska 200 SOLIKeep
    TL5: Miazga 150 sol / Piknababa 150 NM Enf 2he / Gigantika 150 NM Enf / Malutki 150 Enf Trox WIP
    TL4: Ladyrazor 112 fixer (retired) / Shha 100 NT / Cycolina lvl 100 NM Enforcer
    + Tons of other chars...
    I make weird TwInkz!
    Signature updated: 29/06/2016

In NW though, traders use mobs as drainpets to reach their highest drains, which they then use on players that attack them.
    Veteran of Equilibrium

I am aware of that. Still, it requires some effort: drain pet, chain drain, regain nano, drain target, but then, trader will be able to drian only 1 player, not everyone around.

For BS/Duel purposes, it will have much more impact in balancing way.
    I like PvP
    TL6: Tereshkova 200 eng / Patrollerz 200 sol / Tankietka 200 NM enf / Pielegniarka 200 Tank Doc / Oleska 200 SOLIKeep
    TL5: Miazga 150 sol / Piknababa 150 NM Enf 2he / Gigantika 150 NM Enf / Malutki 150 Enf Trox WIP
    TL4: Ladyrazor 112 fixer (retired) / Shha 100 NT / Cycolina lvl 100 NM Enforcer
    + Tons of other chars...
    I make weird TwInkz!
    Signature updated: 29/06/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Pomidor View Post
    I am aware of that. Still, it requires some effort: drain pet, chain drain, regain nano, drain target, but then, trader will be able to drian only 1 player, not everyone around.

For BS/Duel purposes, it will have much more impact in balancing way.
    I'm not really a fan of traders only being able to drain 1 target at a time. No other profession has to chose one target to spend its defenses on. Enf don't have to choose what target to make his coon affective against. Fixers and MA's don't have to choose what target their evades should be effective against. And so on. I know non-traders view drains as an offensive tool and in some ways it is, but drains is first and foremost a defense. Without drains, the trader got almost nothing to stop people from killing them very quickly. While some classes got no drains and high evades, traders got drains and only medium evades at best. We get extra effective evades by lowering the attack skill of the target. That is the traders main defense.

I'm not against the idea of not being able to ladder drains on players if the future balance-results makes that viable for traders, but we do need the ability to debuff more than 1 target at a time.
    Last edited by Wrangeline; Nov 12th, 2009 at 00:31:40.
    Veteran of Equilibrium

Quote Originally Posted by Wrangeline View Post
    I'm not really a fan of traders only being able to drain 1 target at a time. No other profession has to chose one target to spend its defenses on. Enf don't have to choose what target to make his coon affective against. Fixers and MA's don't have to choose what target their evades should be effective against. And so on. I know non-traders view drains as an offensive tool and in some ways it is, but drains is first and foremost a defense. Without drains, the trader got almost nothing to stop people from killing them very quickly. While some classes got no drains and high evades, traders got drains and only medium evades at best. We get extra effective evades by lowering the attack skill of the target. That is the traders main defense.

I'm not against the idea of not being able to ladder drains on players if the future balance-results makes that viable for traders, but we do need the ability to debuff more than 1 target at a time.
    What?? What dose coon/evades have to do with it? By ur logic attack should have separate recharges so i can hit 10 players with AS every 11 sec?? We are talking about wicked offensive nanos aka Drains which make su uselss when they land and being able to spam GTH or other drains all over the place making pl unable to hit/perk/heal/AMS etc is far from fair.
    <o.0>

Quote Originally Posted by Drooown View Post
    What?? What dose coon/evades have to do with it? By ur logic attack should have separate recharges so i can hit 10 players with AS every 11 sec?? We are talking about wicked offensive nanos aka Drains which make su uselss when they land and being able to spam GTH or other drains all over the place making pl unable to hit/perk/heal/AMS etc is far from fair.
    as wrangeline implied, the drains are more of a defense nano. Being able to only drain one person is like, as wrangeline said, coon or acro being effective only against one person.

i know ive basically repeated what wrangeline just said, but the answer to your question was in the passage you quoted, maybe read what you quote ?
    Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    considering how many ranged advies omni has, clan did quite a job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciex View Post
    Ive rolled NT and rarely make it longer than 3-4s vs fixers.
    Talking whats OP and whats not by people who have never really played so told OP profession is just lame.

Quote Originally Posted by agentwolve View Post
    as wrangeline implied, the drains are more of a defense nano. Being able to only drain one person is like, as wrangeline said, coon or acro being effective only against one person.

i know ive basically repeated what wrangeline just said, but the answer to your question was in the passage you quoted, maybe read what you quote ?
    woot! first time ever I agree with wolve.

but, I think OP has a point. The problem is balance.

-800 AR on someone is just stupid. 250+15AAO+250+150 AAO

Makes me get annoyed just thinking about it.

thats like a 2 and a half minute DOF, WHICH also includes having a 50% effective weapon, WHICH is the only source of offence you've got by the time both drains land.

ya... I'll tell you what, IMO, if any of divest type drain is running, the maximum efficiency of a ransack drain type is limited to 50%.. so, IF divest lands, then the best the trader can do is land a ransack which will be 50% as effective as original.

Similarly, if a Ransack is landed first (for whatever reason) the divest will only be 50% as effective if landed (on Players, not NPC's)

Then at least they get their 400 relative evades fairly easily, but have to work at getting the next 200, as opposed to working to get their next 400, which, once they get it, is OP'd... I mean, this would work against AR profs, but still throws lowbie traders into balance orbit.

Maybe just make a new stim like FM that locks First aid for 8 second and reduces length of hostile divest/ransack buffs by 1 minute each. then you could spam those to free yourself of those nasty drains.

i really think traders should get limber and CiB,also coon would be nice...
    that would make 'm real /godmode on so sil maybe a bit nerfes 'm
    Imno "Ubermensch" Angel 220/30/70 MA
    Revengeof "Jiltedthief" thegankers 220/30/70 Agent with ultimate smacktalk skeelz Retired
    Obeywhat "Elmayra" says 220/24/70 Doc with 275k+ Alien kills
    [Tnet] Manicmouse: bring back the I WIN button, cos omni really need help
    Reading doesnt change who you are but what you will do
    IM GRAMMATICALLY AWESOME

Difference about traders and everybody else is.. everybody else got powers for 30 seconds usually. But when a trader chaindrain you back to the stoneage, what stops him from rooting/draining/eating you up? And there is nothing stopping them doing so.

I vote YES to level locked drains even for my own traders balance's sake :]

Darlyn 125/2 nanomage doctor

Life's not that bad. You just have to die to see it.

Usually, the more complex the suggestion is, the more things can go wrong. I say the easiest solution is the best solution. Simply level lock the entire drain line. As a bonus, traders should get higher and better drains to use at end level.
    General of First Order

Quote Originally Posted by Doniger View Post
    Usually, the more complex the suggestion is, the more things can go wrong. I say the easiest solution is the best solution. Simply level lock the entire drain line. As a bonus, traders should get higher and better drains to use at end level.
    End game drains are already powerful enough. It's the lower level drains that will need some work if Traders aren't allowed to ladder them anymore.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

Easiest solution, as proposed by someone else, level lock trader CL buffs and noone at low level will have enough ncu to drain into the biggest drains.
    Zirkonium 220 Nanomage Engineer - RK2 - Omni
    Mereditche 170 Opifex Agent - RK2 - Omni
    Misfiled 49 Nanomage Enforcer - RK2 - Omni (First! Mongo Smash!)