Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Grace Period: Are you kidding?

huh what are u talking about? how does that nerf a sol? ive never seen a sol MK attack and die in 15 sec unless thay were dumb enuf to attack like 15 peeps at once
    besides sols that MK and attack a group of peeps al by himself doesnt accomplish anything except to give us a target to shoot till he sees fit to zone(many times longer than 15 sec usually)
    Disciple092 lv 200 Clan MA

l={::;;;;;;;;;;>Redemption<;;;;;;;;;;::}=l

Originally posted by Peisinoe
    Well, think the simple fix to this would be to not allow people to initiate combat in any way for those 15 seconds.
    ^ What she said.

This is a huge issue in every PvP zone, even duels.

If you are dueling someone, and your opponent goes into the pvp zone first, you can wait a few seconds, then follow him in, and attack before your grace period is up, guaranteeing you the first strike. For a profession which revolves around getting the first strike (nano) in (doc, trader, NT for their debuffs), this is in a sense cheating.

Nobody should be able to initiate combat with somebody who is in their grace period, and the reverse should also be true. You're in a grace period, don't use it to gain an advantage. Do not let anybody initiate combate while they are in a grace preiod either.

--Tsk

Easy to implement. I just wait out the grace period before casting a drain. Just have everyone else do the same.

Half

The grace period in MMD is there for those who need to use the grid. And non-PvP-ing characters need to use the grid. An alt of mine runs a lot of missions to a location in the town, right next to the grid entrance. If there was no grace period I would get ganked all the time.

Leave grace as it is. Its fair.
    Gimme sammich!!1

Reborn Sammich

bump

I'm tired of going to 2ho for a little bit of PvP and having the one opposing player zone in and out of a bunker specifically to get first strike during grace.

The 15 second grace needs to be for both attacking and being attacked.
    Kennan - President, Arcane Legacy
    Asmoran - Retired (Former President, Synergy Factor)

Advantage

Yes grace should work both ways.

As it is once the bunker wars occur in 2ho i just leave the place.No point staying around as an MA.

The extent of the grace period should not be removed in my opinion for 2 reasons.

1) For people with slow machines
    2) For people in low end of the 75-200 bracket who just wanna run when they see the higher levels bearing down on them.

Though something needs to be done about debuffs in grace ASAP because it is a very unfair advantage that is increasingly being taken advantage of.

It's not just debuffs... it's also any profession with an alpha strike.

Tonight, I had an opponent (an agent my level) in a 1 on 1 situation where he zoned in and out of the bunker to alpha strike me before I could divest, then run back into the bunker with me at 40% health without me so much as having hit Q. So I figured I'd try to pull him to the grid on his next attempt, but he wouldn't leave the area around the bunkers. Whatever. I left.
    Kennan - President, Arcane Legacy
    Asmoran - Retired (Former President, Synergy Factor)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123