Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - November 6th, 2009 - Back in the saddle!

Quote Originally Posted by eroz_c View Post
    Btw #2: Gung ho, unrelated to the movie.
    I like...
    Mekhdoc 220/27/70 Equip | Mekh 220/28/67 Equip | Shadesch 220/21/70 Equip
    Mekhkeeper 220/22/70 Equip | Roflmao 220/15/50 | Fixyaself 200/23/64 Equip

Quote Originally Posted by Quitter123 View Post
    So guys, getting back on track with our discussion.

Say you are in a cave with an underwater entrance. Technically it is dark inside because the sun is obstructed by earth, but from inside you cannot see any source of light. Is it darkness inside or shadow?!

http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/532...sivandrago.jpg
    Darkness.
    Freqflyerdnt (Fix) - Codney (MP) - Fiddlybit (Crat) - Breaker117 (Enfo) - Spasticdent (NT) - Fiveof9 (Keeper) - Maleshai (Advy) - Tacitblue (Shade)

Squad Commander of Ab aeterno animus liberi

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy
    clearly, it's all because arbalest is clan-only. all the omnis pvpers went clan for arbalest and all the omni pvmers went clan for the 35% xp buff so now the ratio of clan to omni is 9:1 herp derp clan favouritism herp derp devs are clan.

Daily Missions

As others have asked, will daily missions be availible to all levels? (Yes please
    I was also wondering if there's a token reward on these missions, if so maybe make it more rewarding than a normal mission? Personally I hate the token grind much more than the XP/SK grind, but that's just me I guess

If you're actually doing missions to level instead of xp'ing elsewhere, tokens are not much of a grind at all....about half of the fr00bs I know who levelleved via missions have 2000+ tokens at level 200. Its just the way we are forced to level to do so at any effective rate with expansions does not allow tokens. So, if the daily missions have any kind of token drop, it will be a huge improvement.
    -= Make the new engine look even better. Don't forget to post a screenshot! =-

And these froob friend of yours took how long to get to 200?
    Don't get me wrong, leveling in missions is an option of course, but as I can remember from my froob days, it took much longer to get levels If you count in todays added "black hole" for XP, research, it just doesnt seem that tempting to me to be doing RK missions.
    Much rather get my XP/SK in SL and tokens from LE missions
    And like you said, a token reward on the daily missions would be a nice boost

For the daily missions can we have the choice to do: Xp/SK, AXP, or VP? Just to cover all basis?
    Sometimes, you just have to charge in with both hands blazing and hope they drop before you do.

I won't join your org, but I may join your cause...for a price

All must bow before receiving my blessings

Quote Originally Posted by DaviasI View Post
    For the daily missions can we have the choice to do: Xp/SK, AXP, or VP? Just to cover all basis?
    I don't see how AXP would fit story-wise, but for effs yes @ VP. WTB more non-pvp ways to get VP besides LE grind.
    Believe nothing, no matter where you read, or who said it, even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.
    -Buddha

VP from daily missions is a nice idea I think.

Since it's a once-a-day thing it wont suck most players away from BS. People who never enter BS because they dislike pvp could do missions once a day for VP and leave it at that. People who do go into BS for the VP because they want their gear more quickly will still go there since the missions aren't farmable. It's more or less a win-win situation. One of the few ways of giving VP outside BS that wont kill BS in the process.
    Veteran of Equilibrium

Quote Originally Posted by Phuriae View Post
    I don't see how AXP would fit story-wise, but for effs yes @ VP. WTB more non-pvp ways to get VP besides LE grind.
    Have some of the selectable missions be to wipe out alien camps across RK. The aliens are already on RK, not to mention they attack player cities on command, so I think the "story" will be just fine.

New Mail System

Please indulge me while I play devils advocate here:

Many people play AO with multiple accounts logged on at the same time. With the new graphics engine, I can forsee that many players PCs will simply not be able to cope with dual log or more, or even (and I dread this myself) that dual log will simply not be permitted.

Now I haven't tried AoC so I don't know if that lets you dual log or even runs in windows mode, so maybe I'm raising a false alarm, but I have heard it rumoured that it's a single runtime permissable (can someone please validate this?).

Now then, to the new mail system. Theres a number of reasons why this is being added to the game. The cynic in me looks at the potential graphics engine issues and thinks FC are trying to pre-empt the "OMFG no dual log!!!" by offering a built in way of transferring items/cash around between toons.

So, how about it. Is AO being fattened up with a new mail system in preparation to losing our dual log ability with a new graphics engine?
    Fishpaste - 220 Fixer (RK2)

since the idea of non pvp ways of getting vp has come up would it be possible to get some server statistics on exactly how much of the player base actually engages in pvp as opposed to straight pvm?
    all we ever hear is how the game needs to be balanced and with so much effort being thrown at pvp i'm just curious for some numbers proving that it's that important to the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jjin View Post
    I'm falling further and further away from what I thought my fixer was and why I loved it.

The mail system is coming because ppl wanted it. Since most transfers involve a paid char and a fr00b mule, the new mail system will not help in the least in that regard since fr00b chars cannot send mail.

Whether the new engine will inhibit duel logging we don't know yet but I doubt it. I can Alt-tab away from Conan and do other stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagget View Post
    I can Alt-tab away from Conan and do other stuff.
    Sure. GL not getting the client crashed or locked, especially if you do it on zone change.

From FWM 11/09/2009 (page 10), one of those QnA threads:

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    2. Dual logging should run as well or better than it does now.
    Troxxor - Atrox Enforcer - My Ganker [Target]
    Slights - Solitus Enforcer - My Tanker [Target]

Loyal General of Ascension
    www.clan-ascension.org
    Rimor | Clan
    Significant Alts: SlightChange | Bokken | Takken

Quote Originally Posted by Fishpaste View Post

So, how about it. Is AO being fattened up with a new mail system in preparation to losing our dual log ability with a new graphics engine?
    Its simply a fact that any new engine that actually utilizes the power of your GPU will run better than AO does currently, whether you are single/dual/triple/quad/whatever logged. Even tho they are using the AoC engine, the game is NOT going to be AoC - most of the models will not see an increased poly count, and the majority of textures, it has been said, will not be modified. The only realy thing thats changing, apart from some shininess, is what part of your PC is being used....and in virtually ANY machine from 2002 to now, the performance will increase significantly (that excludes the bargain-basement K62/III machines with cheapsh!t chipsets and GPUS that "discount" pc places were selling well into '04 and beyond.)

And on a side note, granted I haven't played AoC since around release, but I didn't have a problem dual logging then.

Quoted once more for truth:

2. Dual logging should run as well or better than it does now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Klod9002 View Post
    Sure. GL not getting the client crashed or locked, especially if you do it on zone change.
    And AO does that to me now....tab while zoning = pffffft.....on all 3 of my machines with different hardware and OS setups. Didn't have that problem with AoC.
    Last edited by jorricane; Nov 10th, 2009 at 19:41:47.
    -= Make the new engine look even better. Don't forget to post a screenshot! =-

Quote Originally Posted by Dagget View Post
    The mail system is coming because ppl wanted it. Since most transfers involve a paid char and a fr00b mule, the new mail system will not help in the least in that regard since fr00b chars cannot send mail.
    Actually transfers will involve two paid alts and a froob mule. (one guy farms it, one guy needs it, and the froob carries it from one to the other)

A mail system will reduce the need for mules (although people who need bank space will still use them)

Quote Originally Posted by Mahdi007 View Post
    blah blah blah countertroll

btw: GUNG Ho
    I love that movie..
    If you actually thought I was trolling and Means was countering it then you're a might on the sensitive side. I meant exactly what I said and it looked like Means knew that. That is how it was kinda funny to see him go from "no, I don't like it and won't add it" to "whee, the cool new mail system is coming!" It's funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Phuriae View Post
    They're not really too hard core about making things make sense so why not? Also remember Arid Rift? Then take a look at this from the 18.3 rip. So it may be related to the daily missions.

As for those being part of the "more varied ways to gain VP" we were told they would add back in March that would work. Also he even said some sort of daily big VP mission concept was an option then so it all fits.

Quote Originally Posted by likewater View Post
    since the idea of non pvp ways of getting vp has come up would it be possible to get some server statistics on exactly how much of the player base actually engages in pvp as opposed to straight pvm?
    all we ever hear is how the game needs to be balanced and with so much effort being thrown at pvp i'm just curious for some numbers proving that it's that important to the game.
    While the PvP junkies love to claim it's all a PvP rebalancing it's not and we have specifically been told that. It's not just a PvP rebalance it's a game rebalance and that includes PvM.

Make the game easier for newbies!

As the issue has come up, the game was much easier for old-timers than new people.

I propose that for the benefit of players with recent forum join dates, fall damage should be enabled and XP pool should be disabled for the first three years an account is active.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishpaste View Post
    /snip

Don't get stuck on the concept of "Age of Conan engine = Wah Wah peeps can't play AO"

Firstly AO don't have anything near the same polygon count, or environmental details as AoC.

Secondly the engine will allow AO to pull power from your gfx card.

Thirdly there will be scalability, thinking anything else would be silly.

And lastly it's just the render engine getting looked at atm, add in shadows (whom you can already turn off) and new effects (whom you already can turn off)
    Anarchy Online won't turn into Age of Conan in space over night

Viz
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

Page 5

.... just because
    Troxxor - Atrox Enforcer - My Ganker [Target]
    Slights - Solitus Enforcer - My Tanker [Target]

Loyal General of Ascension
    www.clan-ascension.org
    Rimor | Clan
    Significant Alts: SlightChange | Bokken | Takken

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast