Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - November 6th, 2009 - Back in the saddle!

As for the engine, have you got to the point of adding those "...up to 6 more people" to the project, presumably to start crunching the 'effects' work that has to be done?

Quote Originally Posted by Tarleo View Post
    While your at it with implementing a mailing system, can we please get a special bank box that's shared between the toons on a account? =)
    Doesn't have to be big.. Just enough to store a few bags of twink gear. =P
    Thats chr linking, and requires a bit more programing to do, as macro was saying today in IRC, the time he's working on features means less time he's working on bugs.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    like everything else time will tell if any of it was a good idea.
    Is this the right time and place to ask for that double aimed shot crossbow?

Quote Originally Posted by Dagget View Post
    As for the engine, have you got to the point of adding those "...up to 6 more people" to the project, presumably to start crunching the 'effects' work that has to be done?
    Yeah how's that budget coming? /wink wink nudge nudge Overall good updates glad you are back in full swing. How's that horses leg doing? Did the wifey blow a gasket?

I mail ordered swineflu last week, and it has yet to get here.
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

Means - Kinda off topic but still important with the change documents coming out, has your personal view point of throwing grenades being added in game changed? Are you openly considering them an option or do you still feel they should not be supported in AO?
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Mass Rollerrat extermination! Dammit...Spoiler!
    Muhahaha =D

Playing Aion
    Mannyyy 60 Ranger - Tiamat Asmo

220/22 Opifex Fixer Retired Mannyfixer

And the rest of the Manny toons.
    ----------------------------------------------
    Shadow Mercs
    ShadowMercs! Tl5's
    Signature last updated 2012...
    ----------------------------------------------

WB Means! Good to see your inn good health.
    Looking foreward for the new engine screen shots, quests and ofcourse the hot subject these days, balance
    Andvord, 220 Adv (retired)
    Knekt, 220/30/70 Keep (retired)
    Haavarst, 220/23 Crat
    Delifix 217 Fix
    Delivio 215 Shade
    Dilek 174 Doc
    Delisol 165 Sol
    Clown 126 Trader TL4 twink project
    Hannibal 22 Enf

Welcome back Means.

The Daily Mission System

I haven't spoke a lot concerning this over the past few months...not really fair concerning the size and work that have gone into this addition. Lindelu has racked her brain and worked through illness to offer up about 200 new things to do as alternative methods of obtaining XP and I won't spoil any of her creative surprises her except to say that in some cases I couldn't believe she managed to get these experiences to work...they look great and I know we will all enjoy having some new solo alternatives to enjoy to make the most of our playtime...even those times when we don't have the time to commit to team activities. Mass Rollerrat extermination! Dammit...Spoiler!
    I'm really looking forward to this. Will the Daily Mission System be available for ALL levels? 1-220?
    Qianjin | martial artist | neutral | rubi-ka | shattered dreams (link!)
    Guifei | bureaucrat | neutral | rubi-ka | shattered dreams

and a few more lowbie alts

Means:
    I congratulate you on not dying. There's no fixers around to save you in RL.
    -Bugs
    Test Dimension

Problems with "patch not found" error while trying to get on Testlive?
    See Technogen's "Halp, I can't patch to test!" Fix

Quote Originally Posted by Qianjin View Post
    Welcome back Means.

I'm really looking forward to this. Will the Daily Mission System be available for ALL levels? 1-220?
    Wondering the same thing myself. Would be great to have a leveling alternative through all the levels.

I'm waiting for more detailed upcoming balancing news, so we'll be able to discuss and analyse them deeper and closer. Now, we have pretty short amount of notes, and about perks, but nothing about weapons, nanoprograms, skills and something else, that might be affected.
    It's hard to provide good opinions regarding our professions in the future without knowing what exactly is going to happen with them in a month or two.

Daily missions are good, no doubts, but i'd love to know why should I do those missions for, what will happen with my profession at 220 and so on, so please, give us more details of upcoming changes, that will, at least, let some of us to keep twinking our characters without risking to get a situation when we'll need to do full perk reset simply because upcoming choice will be better than current one.

Thanks.
    G.F.B.D.
    --------------------------------------------
    Artyomis has played 800 days 0 hours 0 minutes 0 seconds
    WTB subscription price lowered for eastern europe countries due to current USD/EUR-to-local-currency rates.

So guys, getting back on track with our discussion.

Say you are in a cave with an underwater entrance. Technically it is dark inside because the sun is obstructed by earth, but from inside you cannot see any source of light. Is it darkness inside or shadow?!

http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/532...sivandrago.jpg
    New Engine - Announced: June 2007 ETA: Soon™ I'm speechless (June 2015)
    Rebalancing - Announced: January 2009 ETA: December 21, 2012 Started! (April 2015)
    New TL7 Pets - Announced: March 2009 ETA: Uh...
    AS Changes - Announced: July 2009 ETA: TBA
    Parry/Riposte - Announced: October 2009 ETA: ??? Did it! (April 2015)
    Perk Changes - Announced: October 2009 ETA: Right after server merge Started! (April 2015)
    Breed Change - Announced: November 2009 ETA: Hell freezing They did it!!! (Oct 2012)
    Beta Server - Announced: January 2010 ETA: Pigs Flying Did it! (Feb 2014)

well... this part is obviously addressed to the DNW folk:

... and I know we will all enjoy having some new solo alternatives to enjoy to make the most of our playtime...even those times when we don't have the time to commit to team activities ...

uuh, thats a LOL worth!

:P

in german forum, Inovaye got first pics of the water:

http://www.geo.de/img/userinhalte/pi...25575_disp.jpg

Ino, you did my day!

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    By executive order of His Royal Meansness, looks like The Harvester and his extended family of Pumpkinheads will be sticking around for another week! That means you guys have this weekend and the next to get all your goodness farmed up. =D
    WTB Draculeet & Frankenleet in all locations that they are supposed to be in through the weekend. They have been missing from some spawn points for days & petitions are not helping.

Hallo-leets verified:
    RK-1 Newland

Hallo-leets missing:
    RK-1 Borealis
    RK-1 Tir
    RK-1 Old Athen

Anyone else have Hallo-leet spawn locations (where they are currently available or missing) to add to the list?
    Last edited by tazalanche; Nov 8th, 2009 at 01:12:27. Reason: updated list
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

I'm glad you feel better! 11 days is a long time to be ill. Eat lots of chicken soup!
    Hot Pie ~ Remedie, Maiaa, Squirt, and Remepie

blah blah blah countertroll

btw: GUNG Ho
    I love that movie..

Quote Originally Posted by -Plexor- View Post
    Can you give a very rough idea of when you might expect the new engine to be ready, even if it's to the nearest 6 months?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wantsumore View Post
    I don't want to try and squeeze a date out of you regarding the new engine, but with the way it is progressing are you able to give a basic idea of when it might come out? Feel free to over-estimate. But it would be nice to know if it is something to look for in 3, 6, 9, or 12 months.
    You can't hide Means. We see you! Last I remembered it was something like winter this year or early next year. WTB a general/vague estimate of engine release. Please.

Quote Originally Posted by tazalanche View Post
    Anyone else have Hallo-leet spawn locations (where they are currently available or missing) to add to the list?
    http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=563315

Same on the Omni side of things. :/
    Believe nothing, no matter where you read, or who said it, even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.
    -Buddha

btw: GUNG Ho
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahdi007 View Post
    I love that movie..
    Saw it 10+ years ago on TV and thought it was quite good.

Btw #2: Gung ho, unrelated to the movie.
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast