Thread: Means we need some "defensive toolset" adjustment info.

Means we need some "defensive toolset" adjustment info.

Please, for the sake of all the rational and patient people that play AO, can we get some sort of info on what will be planned for healing or defense in the future? If I see one more "omg I lost some damage at 220" or "I can't insta-pox people anymore" thread I'm gonna go nuts.

We were provided with a balance discussions section, but we cannot discuss balance in this game if all people see are offensive reductions and nothing of the defensive balancing. Most people are not patient enough to realize what is happening and I am sick of being one of the "bad guys" in these threads defending FC's actions. Please give me and other defenders of the changes something to truly support us in our arguments that balance is happening.

I am really curious about the profession ability changes to heals and debuffs and so on.
    Looking forward to that FWM
    Veteran of Equilibrium

It's not about some aspects of rebalancing, its about the whole picture of upcoming changes. Currently we have something like "you know, we're thinking about these changes to perk actions of professions, breeds, but they aren't final yet. But we can't post any preliminary notes regarding the rest of changes yet".

Tbh, with this approach, I can't see a point to discuss anything, simply because we have no idea about overall picture and we can't even predict what will happen, so it's actually something like discussing an upcoming BWM car overall perfomance knowing only approximate radius of it's wheels.
    G.F.B.D.
    --------------------------------------------
    Artyomis has played 800 days 0 hours 0 minutes 0 seconds
    WTB subscription price lowered for eastern europe countries due to current USD/EUR-to-local-currency rates.

This is sort of the reason why while some of the changes for the MP perk toolset are nice (Ancient Knowledge was broke since AI and only now got fixed, Channel Rage lasting 2hrs, etc), we're not going to be able to see the whole picture for MPs until the pet changes and nano changes are brought out, then we can weigh them against the perk changes and make calls based on that comparison.

With what we're seeing now, using our old toolset, it's an improvement, but hard to say how good just yet. That said, just about ANYTHING would have been an improvment over our perks from SL and AI.

Without outlining what sort of balance they are aiming for, all discussion becomes kind of pointless.

So far there has been hints of it.

- longer lasting fights
    - debuffs are important but don't last forever

Anything else ?

Best fun is to see some professions who got hugely improved offense, started instantely whining in mass about not having enough defense

Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    Best fun is to see some professions who got hugely improved offense, started instantely whining in mass about not having enough defense
    Who got hugely improved offense?
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

Quote Originally Posted by SultryVoltron View Post
    Who got hugely improved offense?
    Engineers, of course.
    -Bugs
    Test Dimension

Problems with "patch not found" error while trying to get on Testlive?
    See Technogen's "Halp, I can't patch to test!" Fix

Quote Originally Posted by BugsCoT View Post
    Engineers, of course.
    wat
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

My guess, Nick is refering to NR checking perks and docs new mistreatment.
    Deadly Whisper - RK1
    too many alts for to little space