Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Keepers - Summing up

Imminence is ok, last ward is good against some encounters and enervate is totally useless to the team. There's no point boosting reflect aura imho, unless they put it in the general reflect line and increase it a bunch more.
    blah

Quote Originally Posted by NoGoal View Post
    Imminence is ok, last ward is good against some encounters and enervate is totally useless to the team. There's no point boosting reflect aura imho, unless they put it in the general reflect line and increase it a bunch more.
    I run enervate at any PVP encounter over +dmg any time.

reflects is vastly underrated.

I can tank a TL5 sold on my Keeper using reflects and HD.

You run enervate for yourself, not for the team. It doesn't give anything to the team but its pulse which is negligible.

Reflects aren't underrated, 210 aad/120 aao is just way better for everyone than 6% reflects.
    blah

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    I think keeper DD is ok. It's definitly not great.

But I definitly disagree that keepers only bring DD to teams. Hardly. Ward or immi, enervate? common, those are really decent contributions. imo, they are anyway.

reflect aura could use a significant boost all the way across the board though. like 5% increase at all TL's.
    Well, try and compare those very same effects to a crat.

His DD is higher. His speech is better than our best imminence (133/410 AoE vs 120/210 team). His root and snare removal is better than ours (passive team aura vs on-demand, better reduction AoE). And he brings debuffs, charms and calms.

Yes, I think our DD is fine, yes I think our auras are nice. It just doesn't compare to what many other professions bring.
    Why play melee when crat pets can do your job?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyldebeast View Post
    Simple, why the melee hate?
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    ...Melee people/pets are needed...

His DD is higher. His speech is better than our best imminence (133/410 AoE vs 120/210 team). His root and snare removal is better than ours (passive team aura vs on-demand, better reduction AoE). And he brings debuffs, charms and calms.

Yes, I think our DD is fine, yes I think our auras are nice. It just doesn't compare to what many other professions bring.
    Keepers can tank and Keeper auras stack with Crat auras.

People need to stop talking about what profession X brings vs profession Y, when those things aren't mutually exclusive.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

Quote Originally Posted by NoGoal View Post
    Reflects aren't underrated, 210 aad/120 aao is just way better for everyone than 6% reflects.
    Sounds like one of those 220 soldiers I keep meeting in inferno that doesn't have reflect aura uploaded.
    Nelle, RK2 Clan Keeper
    Triskweline, RK2 Clan NT
    Zubrus, Grumpy Old Crat

Quote Originally Posted by Hacre View Post
    Keepers can tank and Keeper auras stack with Crat auras.

People need to stop talking about what profession X brings vs profession Y, when those things aren't mutually exclusive.
    Keepers can sometimes tank. When there's only 1 mob and people are careful not to draw aggro. That is about as often as a crat can use his pet or charm to tank (or he could just calm that add and make the doc's life even easier).

Keeper auras do stack with all sorts of other profession's buffs. And it's one of those things that make keepers extremely good in big raids where you have all those big buffs that the keeper can improve upon. True, but when filling your team, who do you bring to fill the last spot? The guy who brings a little bit of everything, or the guy who brings enough to get his job done? And when soloing, how much does it help you, that your auras stack with other people's buffs? You have to include all the situations where all the keeper auras don't have all the big buffs to improve upon. Where they have to stand on their own two feet. And I don't think the auras are good enough on their own.

Don't get me wrong, I love my keeper. I often prefer it to my other toons, but I very often have a hard time figuring out, what it is that I bring other than anti-fear for 12m. My damage is good enough to earn my spot, but if the team lacks a soldier, I'm loosing that spot to a lower level and lower geared soldier or engi. If there's no crat for debuffs or no enf to AoE tank, many teams are reluctant to start out anything, regardless of how well I can single target tank or how much my buffs will strengthen the team. Being the guy that tips the scale in the teams favour by enhancing the level of reflects, ADD, healing, damage and more that the dedicated professions bring is awesome, but we need them to get started.
    Why play melee when crat pets can do your job?
    Simple, why the melee hate?
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    ...Melee people/pets are needed...

As much as I hate to admit, you're totally right.

So, how does a keeper stack up vs any other prof??

we got less auras than crat, less refelcts than sold, less healing than MA, less dmg than almost ANY other prof except trader... so, hmm, well, I guess, um yea, keepers need to be good at something. And,

Keepers can sometimes tank. When there's only 1 mob and people are careful not to draw aggro. That is about as often as a crat can use his pet or charm to tank (or he could just calm that add and make the doc's life even easier).

Keeper auras do stack with all sorts of other profession's buffs. And it's one of those things that make keepers extremely good in big raids where you have all those big buffs that the keeper can improve upon. True, but when filling your team, who do you bring to fill the last spot? The guy who brings a little bit of everything, or the guy who brings enough to get his job done? And when soloing, how much does it help you, that your auras stack with other people's buffs? You have to include all the situations where all the keeper auras don't have all the big buffs to improve upon. Where they have to stand on their own two feet. And I don't think the auras are good enough on their own.

Don't get me wrong, I love my keeper. I often prefer it to my other toons, but I very often have a hard time figuring out, what it is that I bring other than anti-fear for 12m. My damage is good enough to earn my spot, but if the team lacks a soldier, I'm loosing that spot to a lower level and lower geared soldier or engi. If there's no crat for debuffs or no enf to AoE tank, many teams are reluctant to start out anything, regardless of how well I can single target tank or how much my buffs will strengthen the team. Being the guy that tips the scale in the teams favour by enhancing the level of reflects, ADD, healing, damage and more that the dedicated professions bring is awesome, but we need them to get started.
    damn straight! what DO we bring to a team, and what the heck is goin on with our solo ability if we're such a "BEACON OF LIGHT" for the team lol, am I reading that right?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234