Thread: [RK1] IRRK Freelance: Is this Halloween different from the rest?

Independent Reporters of Rubi-Ka Editor: IRRK's Avatar

[RK1] IRRK Freelance: Is this Halloween different from the rest?

Is this Halloween different from the rest?
    October 31, 29483 - Miss Lucetta Phoenix [Atlantean]

IRRK Freelance - Recently an outpost outside Tir was attacked by a strange formation of pumpkinheads. Oddly enough, they appeared much more organised than usual.

These creatures often arrive in the wilderness each year around the time of Halloween. Their bizarre pumpkin-shaped heads, glowing eyes and scythes were once feared, but during the last few years they have been nothing more than a spectacle and form of entertainment for those brave enough to venture out into the dark fog and challenge these creatures. Nobody knows exactly who or what created them, or what their purpose is, but this unfortunate outpost may have experienced them at their deadliest yet.

The reports were flooding in about a large group of pumpkinheads and one other unknown creature near the outpost south west from Tir. I arrived at the scene to discover what appeared to be a woman, dressed in black with a skull mask shrouding her face. It almost seemed like she was coordinating the attack, as after the waves of pumpkinheads were defeated, it became apparent she was using mind control of some sort. Chaos ensued as the defenders began to attack each other, and unfortunately for me I was sent to reclaim as a result.

I managed to gather some information on what happened after that, and it appears some time later the woman disappeared, presumably gridding out, and hasn't been seen since.

Could this be the pumpkinheads leader or creator, or did she find a way to control them like she did to the minds of the defenders? This, among many questions relating to these bizarre creatures remains unanswered. Maybe one day I'll find out.

Attached Images:
    Large group of Pumpkinheads
    Guard killed as the fight continues
    The pumpkinhead leader?

I was at the defense of several outposts across Rubi-Ka, I can tell you this now, there is more than one of those women in black, I came across one called the Ruinmaiden, another called the Ragemaiden and one I believe to there leader called the Marrowqueen. All three of these women appeared at the attack of the Hope Outpost located in Mort. I can also tell you that the guards stationed there also attacked those who came to aid them in there defense.

The renegade metaphysicist Dr Neleb (or the Steps of Madness fame) is responsible for introducing "Uncle Pumpkinhead" to Rubi-Ka. You can read more about how it all came about fromn the old TAG articles here

They are effectively manifestations of the subconscious brought to life by our own fears. Next time you are attacked by Uncle Pumpkinhead just turn your back to him and tell yourself, "I don't believe in Uncle Pumpkinhead therefore he can't hurt me." If your will is strong enough he should just vanish.
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

Quote Originally Posted by Dabblez View Post
    They are effectively manifestations of the subconscious brought to life by our own fears. Next time you are attacked by Uncle Pumpkinhead just turn your back to him and tell yourself, "I don't believe in Uncle Pumpkinhead therefore he can't hurt me." If your will is strong enough he should just vanish.
    I find the swishing sounds of a pair of daggers or the sharpnel from my OFAB Silverback drives them away faster And it's more fun!
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

The renegade metaphysicist Dr Neleb (or the Steps of Madness fame) is responsible for introducing "Uncle Pumpkinhead" to Rubi-Ka. You can read more about how it all came about fromn the old TAG articles here

((Thanks for posting that Dabblez, thats from before my time i guess so i never knew!))
    ALTS: Alienhunter, Moonglum, Quellist, Quellcrist, Jesharet

Was there any conclusion to these events or is it a storyline meant to be continued next year?
    Krause Equip

*** Krause's Evil WTB Thread! (Weird/Odd Stuff) ***
    (Items like "Lost Faith/Hope", "Wreath of Insects", "Chirop Exoskeleton Wing Mesh", "Small Jar", "Old Barrel")
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This is going to get done if it kills me or preferably someone else.

If they're the manifestation of someone else's fears, that doesn't work, but smashing them does. Messy though.