Thread: [RK1] IRRK Freelance Extra: Monsters in Galway Castle

Independent Reporters of Rubi-Ka Editor: IRRK's Avatar

[RK1] IRRK Freelance Extra: Monsters in Galway Castle

Extra: Monsters in Galway Castle
    October 31, 29483 - Miss Lucetta Phoenix [Atlantean]

IRRK Freelance - Four very large creatures attacked Galway Castle on the 20th of October. The Galway County Rangers have answered questions on the case.

Unfortunately for me, the chaps over at Rubi-Ka Times have already beaten us freelancers at IRRK at reporting about this unusual incident, where four giant creatures attacked Galway Castle and were effectively killed by citizens. However I had sent a gridmail to the Galway County Rangers previously, and this article is based on the reply I received. I see fit to include their findings as an interesting extra on this incident.

"Dear Miss Phoenix,

Thank you for contacting the Galway County Rangers and for your interest in this case. You will be pleased to hear that there were no permanent casualties reported due to this incident, and the damage to Omni-Tek property was kept to a minimum.

As to what caused this unusual behaviour, we may be able to provide what information we have. We contacted an environmentalist in the hopes of being able to prevent similar incidents in the future. Upon viewing footage of the attack he commented: "Yeah, man that's crazy. But you know, this is Rubi-Ka, so it's all like, pretty out there, man."

From this it was determined that this behaviour, while unusual, may not be unique. And so, a scouting party was dispatched to survey the area for any other similar threats. Unfortunately this group was all killed by a large Gargantula. It was later determined, however that the Gargantula in question was an old zoo escapee who (due in part to it not being able to see them) would not have posed a threat had it not been for the scouting party opening fire on the spider.

We are, however, hopeful that a repeat incident may be avoided in future. On behalf of the County Rangers I wish you luck in your own investigation and hope that our information has proved as helpful as you hoped.

Ernest Rocco,
    Secretary - GCR"

I have to say, this made me giggle. But I applaud their efforts for trying to find out more on the attack, even if the entire scouting party was killed by a spider.

Attached Images:
    Giant skeleton attacks the crowd
    Galway under attack
    Fighting the giant spider
    Overhead view of the battle

Hah! Good coverage. Its like an old Monster Holo, come to life!
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...