Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Power Down

Quote Originally Posted by SultryVoltron View Post
    1) I was hit the other day from an Enf with perks from both lines. They know something that we don't I guess.
    I am curious, what chat setting do you use to allow you to see the perk actions another player is using? I really do not want to go 1he/1hb after full IPRing those skills months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Questra View Post
    Gate, no soldier can swap to an EC3 to use those new PU perks. To stand still or leave your target un-qed while you execute 23s of swaps, losing at least 2 bursts, 1 FA, and about 11 regular hits is losing far more damage than the PU perks themselves.
    Who would hotswap EC3 in mid combat when AS gets nerfed? You are supposed to use a 0 second equip time wep or as low equip time as possible. Not only that but you can reload, fire specials, and use perks while hotswapping, so the total time you would have an RE wep equipped with good timing will be about 4 seconds. More of that "choice" thing comes into play then.

Also, to claim that we can "just use the EC3" brings you no closer to a valid argument, because if we reset AR perks and exlusively use an EC3, we're going to have 8 wasted perks instead of 10.

Would you want to have to put 10 perks in a general line? Would you give up a perkline on your enf and max Enhance DNA?
    Yeah, no profession wastes perks into useless lines for a small boost. Things I do not see are:
    A weapon lockout on the Heavy Weapons perkline.
    Anything stopping hybrid lower AR higher pvp damage setups.
    Anything stopping you from swapping weps to use perks.

You can also run around in a setup adapted for multiple situations. You are fighting an enforcer? keep your assault rifle equipped and don't even bother hotswapping. You run into a doctor? Swap to EC3 and utilize the additional boosts to the perkline as well as AS to take em down. You are simply going to have to learn to play your profession in a more complex and strategic state.

AO should be about choice. If soldiers don't have enough perklines to use all 40 perks, it's no longer about choice. It's about settling for the least useless option and no other profession has ever had to do that.
    I do think we should have a great deal more perklines, and soldiers will most likely recieve additional lines, but I would not complain about not having perks when no one is stopping you from using them. Besides, it is not like you don't have several general perklines to use as well, freak str and enhance health are used by other professions everyday even in pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by NixBood View Post
    My ranged energy soldier is going to QQ pretty hard if any of this leads to the RE perks being worse off than they started
    Well, if you look at RE perks in the update PDFs, they got a massive boost to DPM and an extra stun in there. Well, just take a good look at the PDF for power up and see it has a large amount of boosts.
    Last edited by Gatester; Nov 6th, 2009 at 12:36:39.

Quote Originally Posted by Boltgun View Post
    According to the lastest PDF, all the Power Up DD perks requires a RE weapon to be used. Add the shared cooldown on AS and FA and assault rifle solds will lose a major part of its killing power.
    This is totally insane on FC's part. Power Up should be usable with AR equiped.
    President of ShadowMercs

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345