Thread: AI Tech

AI Tech

I know it's been asked for before and there's a multi page thread full of bumps in the suggestions forum.

However, since we're talking about balance. Some professions need to keep AI Tech 3 perked while others don't.

My Keeper, needs perma AI Tech 3. My NT does not.

Anyone who's AI 30 shouldn't need to use AI Tech 1/2/3. They have all the AXP they can ever get. The expertise should be there.

Either make all the ATE perks green and greyed out at AI30 (so people don't suddenly get 3 extra AI perks to put somewhere else, like Solitus could have Tacky Hack and Survival as well as 2 other AI lines maxed), or have an "or Defender Rank Vindicator" or whatever on things that currently require ATE 1 2 or 3.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

Question

Gotta agree here. To be honest, I'd also most likely vote for ATE3 not being needed once a toon dings 220 - but this makes more ssnse and requires the need to actuaklly work more for it.
    Ephrak : lvl 220 / AI 15 trox keeper, RK1
    Spongefix : lvl 220 / AI 13 trox fixer, RK1
    Tradersponge : lvl 220 / AI 15 trox tradeskiller trader, RK1
    Docsponge : lvl 220 / AI 6 soli doc, RK1
    Gruntsponge : lvl 220 / AI something soli sold, RK1
    Cratsponge : lvl 218 / AI 17 soli crat, RK1
    Hadrak : 216 / AI 14 trox NT, RK1
    Garakk : 200 / AI 10 trox 2hb enfo, RK1
    Drennik : 181 / AI 12 trox ranged adv, RK1

I hate doing a full perk reset just for 3 lousy perks.

Bump.
    -Bugs
    Test Dimension

Problems with "patch not found" error while trying to get on Testlive?
    See Technogen's "Halp, I can't patch to test!" Fix

FC Phails...... This should have been done when LoX was released.

/Facepalm

Holds closed nose from the really awefull smell.
    Means your long standing AO players who have dinged AI 30 want this.... Speak to your Devs

PS we really dont need another 30+ page thread about the same thing.
    If it's not broken your not trying hard enough.

Grind42 General of Athens Paladins

Quote Originally Posted by Hacre View Post
    My Keeper, needs perma AI Tech 3. My NT does not.
    My NT does. I try to adapt as much as i can for my fights, and keeping ai armor always on or off, does not fit with this.

I disagree it should be given as a reward at AI30. You want to be able to swap, you pay the price. And yes, having ATE3 prevent me from completing another perkline too.

Choices. God forbid them.
    Forum rule #1 :
    If someone disagrees with you, he is obviously trolling, flamming, or a stupid n00b.

Well we have yet to see the changes for genome perklines, but if the specials get balanced and interesting for every breed everyone might have a reason to get the perkline completed. Make 3 more alien levels maybe ? Will be a bit of a grind, but well when you're already AI 30 that will most make something to look forward to.

Quote Originally Posted by ephrak View Post
    Gotta agree here. To be honest, I'd also most likely vote for ATE3 not being needed once a toon dings 220 - but this makes more ssnse and requires the need to actuaklly work more for it.
    You work for it, for the right to perk it ! It's worse.
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

Might be better to permanently get the following:
    AI Tech 1 at AI level 10 (or 20)
    AI Tech 2 at AI level 20 (or 25)
    AI Tech 3 at AI level 30 (or 30)

Granting a small boost but a reasonable one at every milestone as it were, while still allowing for a perk to be used to jump forward a bit at levels 1-9, levels 10-19, and levels 20-29 if people need to use the perk.
    Ebondevil - Omni Level 220 Agent on Atlantean, Feel free to contact me any time if you have questions, in game or out.
    Varinox - Omni Level 220 Meta-Physicist on Atlantean
    Yamarra - Omni Level 150 Shade on Atlantean

Feel free to send me any tell in game or a Private Message if you require anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebondevil View Post
    Might be better to permanently get the following:
    AI Tech 1 at AI level 10 (or 20)
    AI Tech 2 at AI level 20 (or 25)
    AI Tech 3 at AI level 30 (or 30)

Granting a small boost but a reasonable one at every milestone as it were, while still allowing for a perk to be used to jump forward a bit at levels 1-9, levels 10-19, and levels 20-29 if people need to use the perk.
    Also a neat idea.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

This is an excellent idea. Favoring professions and/or builds that do not require swapping tends to narrow the scope of them the game, whereas this seems like it would expand it and promote different set ups and perk configurations.

Besides, it seems natural from an RP standpoint that with increasing experience battling the aliens increasing familiarity with their technology would follow pretty much automatically.

Bump for an excellent idea.

Some people dont' bother pursuing higher AI levels because they're so dependent on armor-swapping. AI30 is hard enough to grind that there shouldn't be a problem with too many people having it. In fact, this would be more relieving a cramp than making anything unbalanced.

I hate to say it, and I'll probably get a lot of rotten tomatoes thrown at me, but AI armor is ridiculous. Even FC says they wish they never made it. And if you want to wear the most powerful/ridiculous armor in the game.. make some sacrifices.
    Waiting for a cure.

Quote Originally Posted by Mostadio View Post
    I hate to say it, and I'll probably get a lot of rotten tomatoes thrown at me, but AI armor is ridiculous. Even FC says they wish they never made it. And if you want to wear the most powerful/ridiculous armor in the game.. make some sacrifices.
    Bump. And what if it went OE if the perks werent trained? I've always had a feeling that that was what was intended at the time - That the perks would be needed to be trained 100% of the time you are utilizing alien technology.
    Never in a hurry, I'm just moving fast

bump

And makeing the AI3 quest more interesting would be nice too ^^
    Styxian MP overlord of Rk2

DEVIL INSIDE