Thread: Counterweight

Counterweight

I would suggest opening counterweight up for soldiers as well, as the MR boost will help dual-wield soldiers in the leveling process and lessen the IP sink at TL7 when using dual envies.
    Quote Originally Posted by kesh View Post
    I heard black troxes have a huge nothing.
    Berinda: Assault rifle

Wenona: SMG

... and here I expected to be a discussion about the rooting and snaring powers of counterweight to be.

The proposed Counterweight changes offers nasty tricks. Do we really want all profs to have unbreakable roots?

( Not that I am opposed to Sols getting access to it per se. But it does bring a whole lot more then Multi to the table now)
    Deadly Whisper - RK1
    too many alts for to little space

Nothing is set in stone. I also don't see the majority of soldiers wasting 6 perks on an unbreakable root when there are far more attractive perks for soldiers to use full time. I'm sure a couple people would use it for that, but it means they're sacrificing the benefits gained from another perkline which should balance things out.

Mainly I make this suggestion because I don't like making it a special project every time I unequip one gun on my Envy soldier.
    Quote Originally Posted by kesh View Post
    I heard black troxes have a huge nothing.
    Berinda: Assault rifle

Wenona: SMG

Quote Originally Posted by XenonDe View Post
    The proposed Counterweight changes offers nasty tricks. Do we really want all profs to have unbreakable roots?
    Previously it was only useful to engies because they were the only prof with access to the perk with high Timespace. I was almost looking forward to the changes in which Engy TS vs enemy NR without AAD would allow it to be landed on more people. Now its relatively useless to engies with AR vs evades and a nerfed duration, but much more useful to enfo, adv, shade.
    New Engine - Announced: June 2007 ETA: Soon™ I'm speechless (June 2015)
    Rebalancing - Announced: January 2009 ETA: December 21, 2012 Started! (April 2015)
    New TL7 Pets - Announced: March 2009 ETA: Uh...
    AS Changes - Announced: July 2009 ETA: TBA
    Parry/Riposte - Announced: October 2009 ETA: ??? Did it! (April 2015)
    Perk Changes - Announced: October 2009 ETA: Right after server merge Started! (April 2015)
    Breed Change - Announced: November 2009 ETA: Hell freezing They did it!!! (Oct 2012)
    Beta Server - Announced: January 2010 ETA: Pigs Flying Did it! (Feb 2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Quitter123 View Post
    Previously it was only useful to engies because they were the only prof with access to the perk with high Timespace. I was almost looking forward to the changes in which Engy TS vs enemy NR without AAD would allow it to be landed on more people. Now its relatively useless to engies with AR vs evades and a nerfed duration, but much more useful to enfo, adv, shade.
    And it makes perfect sense for enfo, adv, shade to have such a root/snare Probably shade moreso than any of these classes
    Never in a hurry, I'm just moving fast

LOL

Seriously, this should be available to crats, engies and MPs only, with unchanged TS skill as an attack check Vs NR as defense.