Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 30th oct enf preliminary changes.

30th oct enf preliminary changes.

ok gonna do a small breakdown of what ive noticed in todays changes for enfs.

1hb :

- bring the pain : stun decreasing with 1 sec. attack time increased to 2 sec.
    - crush bone : snare, init debuff decreased to 8 secs for pvp. execution time increased to 2 sec.
    - devastating blow : def check increased from 80% to 90%, dmg decreased. casting time increased to 2 sec.

those changes more or less renders 1hb completly useless for pvp.

2he :

- cleave : cant se the difference since Auno doesnt show scaling atm.
    - transfix : same thing here. but casting time increased to 2 sec.
    - pain lance : slight decrease to dmg. casting time increased.
    - Slice and Dice : about same dmg but 2 hits instead of 4. casting time increased.

2hb :

- overwhealming might : 80% def check. 2
    - casting time on all attack perks increased to 2 sec.

1he :

- flurry of cuts : 90% def check. 1 sec attack time.
    - ribbon flesh : 90% def check.
    - all perks except flurry increased to 2 sec attack time.

Manners of Mongo :

- headbutt : remove of stun effect. increase in dmg.
    - charge : increase in dmg
    - groin kick : decreased duration of both init debuff and snare. def check increased.

Colossal health :

- Draw blood : increase in dmg wich aswell effect the healing of it.
    - Lifeblood : increase of health regained.

Form of troll :

Troll form : snare decreased. castign time decreased.
    Avalanche : stun decreased.
    Stone Fist : stun decreased.

with those changes enfs are getting a hughe hit with the nerfbat and specially 1hb.
    this is outright a silly nerf to enfs wich will render us completly USELESS in pvp.
    almost all our stunning powers removed.
    our alpha wich we were 100% reliant on before this balance discussion started is reduced to a tickle at best.
    there still hasnt been any discussion about the caps on specials or how specials is getting nerfed except that AS is gettign a cast time and def check.

any FC employe that wanna log my toon in and try a BS round as an enf before putting the changes live are welcome to send me a email. u got my email adress.
    cause its frankly obvius that any of u havnt tried the enforcer profession.
    Moonbolt - 220/26/something. Trox Enf RK1 General of Hells Heroes.
    Renswind - 220/21/67 solitus trader.
    Moonkiss - 219/21/something opifex shade.
    Mooncloud - 150/18/somethin solitus MA.

"those changes more or less renders 1hb completly useless for pvp."

Oh come on...
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

its a HUGE nerf to 1hb, losing stun duration, and a damage nerf (for alpha at least, not over time) its a problem ;p
    Enfizzle 220/30/70 Enforcer e
    Zdocta 220/30/70 Doctor e
    Nukizzle 220/26/70 NT e
    Engiz 220/30/64 Engineer e

Oh oh, enfs are getting nerfed to be at the same level as nearly every other prof....

Perk changes are being made so its not alpha online anymore. pvp won't be as fasts paced as it us currently. As it is, enfs are getting damage added to all their perk lines and even having defense check lowered on some of them. The only nerf is the removal of stuns. so all in all its pretty balanced.

u havnt read thru the post.
    enfs are getting majorly shafted with those changes.
    we wont be able to kill anyone in pvp.
    and we are still getting no defensive updates.
    and i dont know where u find the dmg upgrades.
    the only perkline that is getting a dmg upgrade is Manners of Mongo and that perkline is ONLY perked because of the stuns by a 220 enf.
    now the stuns are getting shortned/removed from the perkline and no 220 enf will ever perk it again.
    1hb is reduced to basiaclly non excistant in pvp if those changes go live.
    the only option enfs will have at all is to go 1he since that is the only perk line getting a boost.

ohh ... and Kazeran. enfs arent OP as it is.
    we are a fairly balanced profession.
    Last edited by Moonbolt; Oct 31st, 2009 at 01:42:13.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonbolt View Post
    with those changes enfs are getting a hughe hit with the nerfbat and specially 1hb.
    That was the point. Recent 1hb changes were a bit over the line (did someone say OP'd?), hence the incoming balance on that part.

1hb and 2hb are the enforcer pvm choices, if you are using them in pvp then you will have to accept that you will be less effective than 1he or 2he in the future.

Since the 1hb perk changes the debuff duration on Crush Bone has been 8 seconds, we are getting our long 30second duration back for pvm. That is incredibly good news and quite frankly the only thing I cared about as it greatly enhances my pvm survival.

Draw blood will not be a 100% land in all cases but it should still land quite well since it is checking our body dev vs 50% NR. More healing for enfs = ++++

You forgot to mention brawler, which not only allows us to use the final attack in pvp now, but does a good bit more damage.

Lastly, WE GET A RELIABLE PVP ROOT/SNARE lol. Sorry but I had to caps that ridiculously wonderful news. Counterweight will be worth perking for pvp and highly effective.

Considering how AO is shaping up, enforcers are getting a great deal of boosts and moving towards relative balance. We will stop insta-poxxing players with quick alphas but we are getting a toolset that allows us to maintain some high damage on our opponents.

Enforcers are not getting nerfed, we are getting balanced and quite well.

nvm gatester,,,
    this forum isnt about PvM anyhow and u clearly stated that u have no interest in PvP .

i guess i will have to fix my shade up for pvp instead of playing my enforcer.

ohh and how can u claim that 1hb realy will be vial in PvE.
    it will have lower dmg on a longer recharge then 1he has.
    Last edited by Moonbolt; Oct 31st, 2009 at 02:07:05.

2he :
    - cleave : cant se the difference since Auno doesnt show scaling atm.
    - transfix : same thing here. but casting time increased to 2 sec.
    - pain lance : slight decrease to dmg. casting time increased.
    - Slice and Dice : about same dmg but 2 hits instead of 4. casting time increased.
    Big nerf to pain lance and SnD in the new perk documentation:

Old PL @3k 2he: 3644 - 8766 (6205 average)
    New PL @3k 2he: 2207 - 4904 (3556 average) + 5x600 dot

Old SnD @3k 2he: 5536 - 18280 (11908 average)
    New Snd @3k 2he: 3620 - 8044 (5832 average)

So Pain lance and SnD get halved dd more or less. The pain lance dot gets improved, but that won't help with the loss in alpha power...

1he + brawler seems to be the only real viable pvp option for enfs after changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Phargus View Post
    Big nerf to pain lance and SnD in the new perk documentation:

Old PL @3k 2he: 3644 - 8766 (6205 average)
    New PL @3k 2he: 2207 - 4904 (3556 average) + 5x600 dot

Old SnD @3k 2he: 5536 - 18280 (11908 average)
    New Snd @3k 2he: 3620 - 8044 (5832 average)

So Pain lance and SnD get halved dd more or less. The pain lance dot gets improved, but that won't help with the loss in alpha power...
    Neither one of them got nerfed in anyway other then they arnt the huge burst damage you want.

PL does nearly the same damage if you count the dot as well just more over time.
    SnD has half the damage but it also has half the recharge, which once again would be more spread out damage rather then huge amounts of burst damage

Don't leave out...

Regrowth executes in 1 second.

All of our stun perks became easier to land (= more stuns).

Slice'n'dice recharging twice as fast.

ect, ect.

No need to post all the bad without some of the good.
    Herk Mad! Herk Crush!!

Main: Herkulease

Alts:
    Toba
    Cosmicmayhem
    Wantsumore
    Blessfu

i guess i will have to fix my shade up for pvp instead of playing my enforcer.
    Because shades aren't getting shafted by these perk changes?
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kazeran View Post
    Neither one of them got nerfed in anyway other then they arnt the huge burst damage you want.
    Obviously less burst damage means less killing power since it leave the target more time to heal up. I guess it's not so bad for enfs since they can just switch to 1he, keepers are the ones who get really shafted by the reaver nerf.

But it still seems silly to make all enfs supported perklines (more or less) viable... for a couple of months then put it right back where it was for 5 years only replacing 2he with 1he as the choice for pvp...

Quote Originally Posted by Wantsumore View Post
    Don't leave out...

ect, ect.

This is useless though.
    These perks make 1hb useless for enfs.
    They also make 2he useless for enfs.

You would be insane if you didnt go 1he (which was.. unchanged? why?) or 2hb.
    Klod thinks 1hb perks were OP.
    1he perks do very similar damage currently.
    Yet 1he was unchanged in the docco, but 1hb was nerfed. 2hb does similar damage to 2he currently, yet 2hb was not changed while 2he was nerfed.

...ok
    Last edited by Kinkst44h; Oct 31st, 2009 at 07:08:34.
    Never in a hurry, I'm just moving fast

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkst44h View Post
    This is useless though.
    These perks make 1hb useless for enfs.
    They also make 2he useless for enfs.

You would be insane if you didnt go 1he (which was.. unchanged? why?) or 2hb.
    Klod thinks 1hb perks were OP.
    1he perks do very similar damage currently.
    Yet 1he was unchanged in the docco, but 1hb was nerfed. 2hb does similar damage to 2he currently, yet 2hb was not changed while 2he was nerfed.

...ok
    Aye some of the changes look a bit odd and haphazardish. From a Keeper perspective I was a bit sad at the Reaver nerfs.

I guess with damage reduction and stun reduction we need to wait and see what happens with healing and debuffs in PvP.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

Quote Originally Posted by Wantsumore View Post
    Don't leave out...

ect, ect.

the stuns durations are reduced to the time it takes to cast next perk action so u might aswell just leave stuns out of pvp from now on..
    regrowth executes in 1 sec is quite nice yes.
    but u cant say more stuns when they have removed several stuns and shortened duraiton in pvp of all stuns.

The difference between 1he and the other weapons seems odd.

Other than that, I think it is hard to be sure what things will be like without seeing all the other changes to other proffs, and the healing changes.

If the intention is to reduce alpha damage ( which doesnt have to be a bad thing ), then there will have to be some big changes to all the other alphas out there, not just AS.

Quote Originally Posted by Hacre View Post
    Aye some of the changes look a bit odd and haphazardish. From a Keeper perspective I was a bit sad at the Reaver nerfs.

I guess with damage reduction and stun reduction we need to wait and see what happens with healing and debuffs in PvP.
    It matters little when the real issue is after these changes, 1hb and 2he, are now hundreds of lightyears behind 2hb and 1he.

There would be no reason to use them. None. It makes about as much sense to do so as make a Dshark fixer, or a 1he soldier.

Any global changes affect everything - So why are two lines suddenly vastly inferior to the other two? Global changes will have no effect on that discrepancy, and neither will improving enforcer heal ability. Especially when the changes are under the guise of opening up options for classes, not removing them. Especially when the ones being removed.. are viable right now as they are.
    Never in a hurry, I'm just moving fast

its a good thing lol

enfs where stunning more then crat where before they got nerfed
    so now they lose some stun time but gain DD

1hb+1he gave them a way to big alpha as even means stated

ENfs def is just fine, huge hp , coon , ... and around 3K+ deff ...
    Styxian MP overlord of Rk2

DEVIL INSIDE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast