Thread: Issues with pet profession AI perks

Issues with pet profession AI perks

There seems to be discrepancy in Crat, MP and Engie AI perks. Each have a perk line that provides a pet AAO buffing perk action. This line is Loophole for crats, Ancient Knowledge for MPs and Creative Mind for engineers.

The issue here is that Crat and MP get their perk actions at perk 1 (level 15) while engies have to wait until perk 10. This is most likely a typo in the documentation, since there are 10 different stages of AAO buffing listed for engineers as well as crat and MP. Examples from the first lines below:

Code:
    Puppeteer | Player level: 15+ | (1) 
    Range: All Pets NPC family == 95 && NPC family == 94
    Loophole 1: Offense modifier 200, All damage types: 5

Optimize Bot Protocol | Player level: 210+ | (10) 
    Range: All Pets NPC type == 95
    Creative Mind 1: Offense modifier 200, All damage types: 5
    I'm just bringing this out to ensure that it's indeed a typo and you're not just doing this to discourage lowbie engies and their pets. Confirmation would be nice, though.
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

Meh, nobody cares about lowbie engie pet efficiency it seems.

This sort of AR buff would be useful in making slayer hit stuff from time to time at TL5, slayer AR is ftl at the moment anyway considering it would still be easily debuffable.
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

Good point... Who cares

I do...
    I like PvP
    TL6: Tereshkova 200 eng / Patrollerz 200 sol / Tankietka 200 NM enf / Pielegniarka 200 Tank Doc / Oleska 200 SOLIKeep
    TL5: Miazga 150 sol / Piknababa 150 NM Enf 2he / Gigantika 150 NM Enf / Malutki 150 Enf Trox WIP
    TL4: Ladyrazor 112 fixer (retired) / Shha 100 NT / Cycolina lvl 100 NM Enforcer
    + Tons of other chars...
    I make weird TwInkz!
    Signature updated: 29/06/2016

I'm guessing it's either a typo or an oversight and it'll be fixed.

I can see absolutely no reason why it wouldn't/shouldn't be.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

Currently it seems to be the level 10 Perk action, if it becomes the level 1 perk action, which it probably should, then Freak shield should be moved so it's gained at a different perk level as well, I don't think the perk line should give 2 Perk actions when taking the first Perk afterall.
    Ebondevil - Omni Level 220 Agent on Atlantean, Feel free to contact me any time if you have questions, in game or out.
    Varinox - Omni Level 220 Meta-Physicist on Atlantean
    Yamarra - Omni Level 150 Shade on Atlantean

Feel free to send me any tell in game or a Private Message if you require anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebondevil View Post
    Currently it seems to be the level 10 Perk action, if it becomes the level 1 perk action, which it probably should, then Freak shield should be moved so it's gained at a different perk level as well, I don't think the perk line should give 2 Perk actions when taking the first Perk afterall.
    Because those AC's are so OP!

Yeah, it could be moved or whatever, but this makes a lot of sense as a change.
    Solidstriker 220 Soldier- Pewpew Galore | Markerz 220 Engineer- Widowmaker
    Speedyadvy 165 Adventurer- PvP Gimp | Cruellia 164 Bureaucrat - Puppies!
    Nerf 219 Agent - From the Shadows | Swishswash 157 Fixer - Vector Tap
    Northaurora 85 Nano-Technician - Shimmering Light

Quote Originally Posted by Solidstriker View Post
    Because those AC's are so OP!
    Not at all because the AC's are overpowered, but because I don't know of any other perk that gives 2 perk actions.

If you're going to give both perk actions when you first train the line, why not give all the perk actions and scale them all up as you gain points in the perks?
    Ebondevil - Omni Level 220 Agent on Atlantean, Feel free to contact me any time if you have questions, in game or out.
    Varinox - Omni Level 220 Meta-Physicist on Atlantean
    Yamarra - Omni Level 150 Shade on Atlantean

Feel free to send me any tell in game or a Private Message if you require anything.

Nah, I was just joking, a move around concerning the placement of the perks would make sense, with the reason you stated.
    Solidstriker 220 Soldier- Pewpew Galore | Markerz 220 Engineer- Widowmaker
    Speedyadvy 165 Adventurer- PvP Gimp | Cruellia 164 Bureaucrat - Puppies!
    Nerf 219 Agent - From the Shadows | Swishswash 157 Fixer - Vector Tap
    Northaurora 85 Nano-Technician - Shimmering Light