Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Acrobat Perk Actions

Glara, it's now starting to become glaringly obvious that you were looking for an Advy buff and disguising it as a buff for all Acro using professions.

Stop already.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

Give up honestly before i get into the mood to analyse the relative power Acrobat has per one perk point compared to other similar evade buffing lines and nail it down on this forum for everyone to see. There if nothing wrong with Acrobat, maybe except that its too powerful.

Dance of Fools and Limber should lock each other out (or just scale up limber and remove DoF).

Keep in mind I make this suggestion with a tl5 MA, advyx2, fixer and a tl7 shade

Why do people think that evades shouldn't be a working defense for profesions that rely on evades as their primary defense ?

ie. it should be just as hard to kill an evader as it is to kill a profession with high heals, blockers + coon + heals, coon + high hp + heals, nbg and so on.

Lower evades and ALL the methods of bypassing evades (not going over the top) need to be removed as well... nukes / AS / DoT's.

(Yes, high evades + other forms of defense does give a very strong defense and probably needs to be looked at).

Saying that, modifying Limber and DoF to be 500 each is a bit much to ask for. There does need to be a window.

Make the duration on both 20 seconds instead of 40.

Make their nano effects different (say limber green, DOF red)

Done.
    Never in a hurry, I'm just moving fast

hmm, ya, and, just from my perspective, how about my insight pops a 600 AAO buff?

sounds good. oh, and lets make moonmist do 550 too. Oh, and while we're at it, lets make challenger do 550AAO.

hmm, and, I guess we'll need a new luck's fickle fate: how about -650 evade cls, dodge range, etc.

I suppose traders will need to hit you too, so, maybe corporate protection should be -500 AAD?

What kinksta said sounds decent.

advies need a nerf, not godmode+chucknorris blood infusion+rambo biceps+my good looks, etc.

puuulease!!

Quote Originally Posted by mr_road View Post
    Why do people think that evades shouldn't be a working defense for profesions that rely on evades as their primary defense ?

(Yes, high evades + other forms of defense does give a very strong defense and probably needs to be looked at).
    Is that not called a contridictory statement?

ie. it should be just as hard to kill an evader as it is to kill a profession with high heals, blockers + coon + heals, coon + high hp + heals, nbg and so on.
    Adventurers have high healing, coon, powerful HoT, and high evades.
    MA's have high healing, init debuffs/stuns, and high static def without the acrobat line.
    Fixers have a high amount of static healing, resistance/removal of DoTs and CC tools, and the highest static def of any acrobat user.

Shades need to be fixed

Lower evades and ALL the methods of bypassing evades (not going over the top) need to be removed as well... nukes / AS / DoT's.
    Are you asking for Nukes, AS, and DoT's to be removed from AO?

I dont know where you get "MA's high healing", probly from tl5 or somewhere else but it isnt so high at tl7 where youre kinda forced to be lowhp (in PvP) to get something out of the heals, although it might feel much when MA pops everything he/she has to heal.

What comes to acrobat i guess theyre duration could be reduced that you cant just cycle both if something has to be changed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kahina
    Just realized Trader was the anagram of Retard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matammyr
    Judging by your sig, you're Finnish, and I just want to say that if I could be anything else in the world than what I am, I'd be Finnish.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatester View Post
    Is that not called a contridictory statement?

Adventurers have high healing, coon, powerful HoT, and high evades.
    MA's have high healing, init debuffs/stuns, and high static def without the acrobat line.
    Fixers have a high amount of static healing, resistance/removal of DoTs and CC tools, and the highest static def of any acrobat user.

Shades need to be fixed

Are you asking for Nukes, AS, and DoT's to be removed from AO?
    its not contradictory. one statement is about a defense 100% reliant on high evades, the other is about high evades + another form of defense ie. coon + heals (advies and maybe the defense of keepers).

An evaders defense lies in not getting hit very often, but when hits do land they hurt. An evader's weakness is to nukes / DoT's / AS / Sneak Attack. If you make evaders get hit more often by reducing evades or reducing their effectiveness, then they'll have little defense against everything. So to balance, the defenses to the stuff which doesn't check evades needs to be strengthened. Removed may have been too strong a word.

What makes for a very strong defense in AO is 2 or more types of moderate to high defense. Pure evaders only have one type of high defense.

What makes for a very strong defense in AO is 2 or more types of moderate to high defense. Pure evaders only have one type of high defense.
    There are no pure evaders, just players who rely too much on pure evades.

for some there is not much else to rely on. minimal heals, stuns which only delay the damage a little bit, low hp.

Ya, this is a garbage post.

reliance on evades is standard. What else do you think MA's and fixers are supposed to do? We can't tank an alpha, so we need to evade it.

Thats like saying enf's shouldn't rely on HP. It's sure dumb to think that, because if you've got 8 mobs on you and only 15k HP, you're gunna be splat in seconds.

Ditto on evade profs, except the difference is, 1 player puts out as much dmg as 8 mobs, so how are we supposed to deal with that?

if you say stuns, or healing, keep in mind theres a reason why fixers go LOW HP, and MA's do too.. it's because our healing has been sub par for ever. As for stuns, they only delay the inevitable.

So, evades are VERY important for evade profs. It's not about player choosing to be reliant, we're forced to play that way.

reason please !!!

You can't possibly ask for more evades as an advie, when you are are /disco in front of apts in the battle station and don't say you are poor in PVM when you can kite dreads with no problems please be realistic Glar !!
    Funcom hire me as Content Designer !!

Well, actually waiting till DoF is down and trying to kill during limber time is the only way to kill (or even try) to kill some professions so its simply kinda bad idea.
    Asasello, Sottcapo, Ciex, Rychu, Ciek, Zomowiec, Ciekafsky, Rysiek, Chinaski, Libertarian, Propertarian.

I don't know if this is an intended change, but the acrobat line gives now only 110 evades instead of 190 when fully perked. What a silly change, making the difference between having the specials and not having them bigger than it is already. I thought they wanted to remove the 'one button kills everything option'. At the moment, a 139 evade profession can evade squat, while at 140 you can pretty much evade everything when dance of fools is up. Way to increase the gap.....

Quote Originally Posted by Poufpaf View Post
    I don't know if this is an intended change, but the acrobat line gives now only 110 evades instead of 190 when fully perked. What a silly change, making the difference between having the specials and not having them bigger than it is already. I thought they wanted to remove the 'one button kills everything option'. At the moment, a 139 evade profession can evade squat, while at 140 you can pretty much evade everything when dance of fools is up. Way to increase the gap.....
    Thumbs up for noticing that change. -80 static evades to acro professions, wonder why nobody else noticed.
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

I do not think balancing level 139 will be that important.

To be less sarcastic, perks open up at certain levels, profs get better at certain levels, what is the point of complaining about the level just before a strong perk action opens up?

The gap between before and after dance of fools is abyssal, there is no other example of such a powerful special changing things like that I think. Basically, for 140 levels, you are not an evade profession, or not more than any other profession raising evades could be anyway, and after you are. I'm not sure increasing the trend by lowering static evades you get from the perkline is going to do any good. I'd rather they lowered the effect of dance of fools then. And better even if they didn't change that perkline at all. The changes they intend are clearly focused on making advies less overpowered, but they will result in a nerf for all other evade professions instead, since advies will keep their heals, cocoons, shields, etc, and the others will loose the only defensive tool that is effective for them.

Hi. Crats. Bye.

The gap between before and after dance of fools is abyssal, there is no other example of such a powerful special changing things like that I think. Basically, for 140 levels, you are not an evade profession, or not more than any other profession raising evades could be anyway, and after you are. I'm not sure increasing the trend by lowering static evades you get from the perkline is going to do any good. I'd rather they lowered the effect of dance of fools then. And better even if they didn't change that perkline at all. The changes they intend are clearly focused on making advies less overpowered, but they will result in a nerf for all other evade professions instead, since advies will keep their heals, cocoons, shields, etc, and the others will loose the only defensive tool that is effective for them.
    People who have Acrobat don't only get evades from Acrobat. There was already a big gap between 139 and 140, hello, +800 from DoF. The sky is not falling.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

Advies shoul've never had access to acrobat at all
    220 Shade | 220 NT | 220 Crat | 220 Fixer | 220 Agent | 165 Adv

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast