Thread: What's with the halfassed def checks on support prof perks?

What's with the halfassed def checks on support prof perks?

Honestly, you guys say you want us to land stuff more, but it doesn't reflect on actual def checks that are still too high and/or use weird attack skills, seriously whats up with that. Almost all Crat/Engineer perks that were impossible to land before still will after the 'rebalancing' , i didnt check the other support profs but i bet its the same.

Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    Honestly, you guys say you want us to land stuff more, but it doesn't reflect on actual def checks that are still too high and/or use weird attack skills, seriously whats up with that. Almost all Crat/Engineer perks that were impossible to land before still will after the 'rebalancing' , i didnt check the other support profs but i bet its the same.
    They also nerfed:
    -pistol perks
    -shotguns: easy shot
    -demolition perks

I really don't think there's anything left that will land on anything but docs and soldiers. Or am I missing something.
    Zirkonium 220 Nanomage Engineer - RK2 - Omni
    Mereditche 170 Opifex Agent - RK2 - Omni
    Misfiled 49 Nanomage Enforcer - RK2 - Omni (First! Mongo Smash!)

Yeah, I was thinking of the same. For example, Chemical Blindness changes are boring - sure you're gonna free up IP from chemistry, but it's probably gonna land a whole lot less. What's up with that?
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

That's quite the nerf to Easy Shot.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

Some of them check Attack Modifier so Engis can take advantage of their nice pistol.

Overall though, these are clearly not finalized and one of my first thoughts was that the def checks would need adjusting for "support" profs away from the silly 100% checks. Compare that to Enf 1hb/1he at 90% and it's a slap in the face.

Note: How to go about getting appropriate changes done: Once these changes hit test, try them out. If they suck major balls and you can't land them on anything, then you can present a well reasoned case to change the def checks. Until then it's a whole lot of "DON'T YOU DARE NERF ME!" screaming and paper PvP.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

Quote Originally Posted by Mereditche View Post
    They also nerfed:
    -pistol perks
    -shotguns: easy shot
    -demolition perks

I really don't think there's anything left that will land on anything but docs and soldiers. Or am I missing something.
    Yeah i was also refering to that.

I don't mean to be picky, but when they start the whole rebalancing project with "support users can land their perks" as one of primary guidelines, and then they do something completely opposite, i just have to wonder what is actually going on ?

Decide what your game is , guys.

Quote Originally Posted by SultryVoltron View Post
    Some of them check Attack Modifier so Engis can take advantage of their nice pistol.
    No, they don't.

Note: How to go about getting appropriate changes done: Once these changes hit test, try them out. If they suck major balls and you can't land them on anything, then you can present a well reasoned case to change the def checks. Until then it's a whole lot of "DON'T YOU DARE NERF ME!" screaming and paper PvP.
    I don't need to try anything out to know how 100% pistol against 100% dodge works out for support. I had it for years and it lands on nothing but docs and soldiers. So either they want support to be able to use perks or they don't, but can they please decide this 'before' they start changing everything. You don't need high tech sience and months of testing to know that 2-2.5k pistol AR means when considering perks.

I can't care less how they change thing, but can they please do it fast. They don't have to make it take long so we think there's some major plan behind all this when they just randomly change things depending on how hard certain people whine on forums. So get it over with so we can all get back to playing the game.

Balance, jeez, ****ing hilarious. I hope the at least succeed in improving the whole thing. It's a game, stop changing the rules every other minute.
    Zirkonium 220 Nanomage Engineer - RK2 - Omni
    Mereditche 170 Opifex Agent - RK2 - Omni
    Misfiled 49 Nanomage Enforcer - RK2 - Omni (First! Mongo Smash!)

Lolwut? Perk landrates are one of those rare things that CAN be perfectly fine analysed on paper. Its pretty clear already what will land and what wont land. There is zero need to wait for them to hit test server.

Plus, the main idea behind perk changes , according to Means at least, was that we land our perks more. More. M.O.R.E. So far they've done everything to make sure we wont land anything. Clearly something isn't going as it supposed to , amirite?

Lolwut? Perk landrates are one of those rare things that CAN be perfectly fine analysed on paper. Its pretty clear already what will land and what wont land. There is zero need to wait for them to hit test server.

Plus, the main idea behind perk changes , according to Means at least, was that we land our perks more. More. M.O.R.E. So far they've done everything to make sure we wont land anything. Clearly something isn't going as it supposed to , amirite?
    Well, one unknown factor right now is the fact that means said he was going to change the way perks land. It won't be the current binary 'If AR<DR you miss|if AR>DR you hit' system.
    Youtube
    Twitch

AO
    Rakhabit 220/20 Agent FINALLY
    Halfempty 220/16 Engineer/Evade Negator
    Primatene 168/20 Original Doc Twink

TSW
    Myyah "Read" Hawwa
    Shadow Dominion
    Cerberus

No, they don't.
    Meh, don't know what I was smoking.

I don't need to try anything out to know how 100% pistol against 100% dodge works out for support. I had it for years and it lands on nothing but docs and soldiers. So either they want support to be able to use perks or they don't, but can they please decide this 'before' they start changing everything. You don't need high tech sience and months of testing to know that 2-2.5k pistol AR means when considering perks.

I can't care less how they change thing, but can they please do it fast. They don't have to make it take long so we think there's some major plan behind all this when they just randomly change things depending on how hard certain people whine on forums. So get it over with so we can all get back to playing the game.

Balance, jeez, ****ing hilarious. I hope the at least succeed in improving the whole thing. It's a game, stop changing the rules every other minute.
    Take a look at the 1hb perks. There are different actions available for Enfs and MPs. Perhaps that same change can be made for PM perks without requiring an entirely new line.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

Quote Originally Posted by Rak View Post
    Well, one unknown factor right now is the fact that means said he was going to change the way perks land. It won't be the current binary 'If AR<DR you miss|if AR>DR you hit' system.
    He did? Where? I've only ever seen people suggest this, I haven't seen anything from Funcom to say that this will be implemented.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

Quote Originally Posted by Hacre View Post
    He did? Where? I've only ever seen people suggest this, I haven't seen anything from Funcom to say that this will be implemented.

In post #156 on page 8 of this thread Means says:

Quote Originally Posted by Means
    Given the chance I would love to rework the perk system so it becomes "decreased" rather than "On or Off"...unperkable/unhittable is god-mode and boring for everyone else but the over-geared person. Seeing your toolset actually function in a diminished way has to be more fun than to see everything you do resisted all the time.
    Youtube
    Twitch

AO
    Rakhabit 220/20 Agent FINALLY
    Halfempty 220/16 Engineer/Evade Negator
    Primatene 168/20 Original Doc Twink

TSW
    Myyah "Read" Hawwa
    Shadow Dominion
    Cerberus

It's certainly not clear from the updates this is how it will be changed.

What is a funny (in a sad way) is that 1HE perks have a 90% check now to? Wow, I'm not sure if you dev can kiss Advy's asses any more without rubbing them down with some Vasoline and give yourself some Chapstick while your at it.

Likewise we have the Advy prof suggesting to change acrobat perks so you can never perk Advys ..... GREAT!

FC, you have alot more work to do.
    Last edited by Obtena; Oct 30th, 2009 at 20:56:16.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Thanks Rak.

Please note though, he says given the chance to, or, if he can. There's been no declaration to say that's how they -will- work.

I'm not trying to point score/be right here, merely pointing out we should avoid saying "that will be the case" until FC say it will be, rather than a desire.
    Member of Spartans
    Genius at work.

Quote Originally Posted by Rak View Post
    He never said that as far as i'm aware of.

He never said that as far as i'm aware of.
    Go up two posts above the one I quoted.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Go up two posts above the one I quoted.
    I did .What Hacre said tho.