Thread: Calia's Figure: Wolf and Poisonous bite

Calia's Figure: Wolf and Poisonous bite

Since melee advs are getting 100 free AR, while PM perks are getting nerfed, can you please lower the PM/SI reqs by 87 on both these nanos to make EOE viable again?

It would help ranged gain 22 AR without having to swap 5s each pistols to buff every hour.
    Fixer - Solja Lite
    Adv - Forgotten lubchild
    Trader - Nerfed Professional

As much as I hate the swapping, I say no. Its a hallmark of the ranged advie. If you want the benefit of the EOE, you take the hit in SI, comp lit and treatment. Suck it up and do the swapping, or cast the nanos and lose the across-the-board offensive benefits.
    If you are allergic to a thing, it is best not to put that thing in your mouth, particularly if the thing is cats.

I don't know crap about melees since I never wielded a sword (or axe for that matter) outside of social window, but if edged mastery is going from 180 to 200, where's the other free 80 AR coming from?
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

What is exactly the hallmark of the ranged adv?

Swapping?

So you basicly saying, because we were forced to swap for years, it's completely OK and shouldn't be changed.

Well, in case you haven't noticed, new staff is just as much about rationalizing nanoskills as about balancing. See lowering the reqs on fixer nanos, additional nanoskills inc for keepers in their perks.

Quote Originally Posted by eroz_c View Post
    I don't know crap about melees since I never wielded a sword (or axe for that matter) outside of social window, but if edged mastery is going from 180 to 200, where's the other free 80 AR coming from?
    Just shush and campaign with me for viable EOE
    Fixer - Solja Lite
    Adv - Forgotten lubchild

Quote Originally Posted by Racatti View Post
    We are the adv! We demand extermination eyes! Resistance is futile! *waves GIEV EOE placard*
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

The missing int and having to IP the missing skills compared to a melee adv is a nerf enough regarding it, at least let us live in peace without having to swap those damned pistols at 5s each, every hour.
    Fixer - Solja Lite
    Adv - Forgotten lubchild

What is exactly the hallmark of the ranged adv?

Swapping?

So you basicly saying, because we were forced to swap for years, it's completely OK and shouldn't be changed.

Well, in case you haven't noticed, new staff is just as much about rationalizing nanoskills as about balancing. See lowering the reqs on fixer nanos, additional nanoskills inc for keepers in their perks.

A hallmark, not THE hallmark.

Yes, because we've been forced to swap for years, its completely ok and shouldn't be changed.

Here's why: They already changed it, by giving us a completely viable alternative in the Xan Artillery Alpha Eye. And now it comes down to -choice-. Isn't that what people are frequently screaming about? Give us choices, with real consequences, and sacrifices? So we're not all carbon copies.

Well, we've got one. I say leave it alone. Take a glass of water and swallow the bitter pill on it, my friend.

Edit: If you want me to campaign on extending Poison and iVoN to two hours, to match the longest wolf, though, I'll get on board with that.
    Last edited by Theonora; Oct 30th, 2009 at 20:05:17.
    If you are allergic to a thing, it is best not to put that thing in your mouth, particularly if the thing is cats.

Quote Originally Posted by Theonora View Post
    Yes, because we've been forced to swap for years, its completely ok and shouldn't be changed..
    Well, I can't argue with that kind of logic.

Quote Originally Posted by Theonora View Post
    Here's why: They already changed it, by giving us a completely viable alternative in the Xan Artillery Alpha Eye. And now it comes down to -choice-. Isn't that what people are frequently screaming about? Give us choices, with real consequences, and sacrifices? So we're not all carbon copies.
    The -2k FA made symb viable, not because the Xan version changed anything.
    Fixer - Solja Lite
    Adv - Forgotten lubchild

Well, I can't argue with that kind of logic.
    Well I can. If you have to swap crap to buff then the buffs should last 4 hours. That's the only thing that kept me sane on my Keeper. Swapping for the sake of swapping every hour or two is retarded.

Then again I don't know how much stuff you have to swap. -WITH- nanoskills in the relevant symbs, Hacre packed Phulaks, nano hud, arith armour (having to keep ATE3 perked, yay) rings and god knows what else. Swapping that at any interval less than 4 hours would've made Hacre retire long before she did.
    Last edited by Hacre; Oct 30th, 2009 at 20:25:59.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

Since melee advs are getting 100 free AR, while PM perks are getting nerfed, can you please lower the PM/SI reqs by 87 on both these nanos to make EOE viable again?

It would help ranged gain 22 AR without having to swap 5s each pistols to buff every hour.
    Why not ask for things that make sense, and aren't based on numbers you apparently made up?

• 20 Pistol on Outdoorsman
    • A melee version of EoE
    • Two-hour duration on Bite
    • A real fix to damage-changing effects (I'm sure all martial artists and bite-using advs would dig benefiting from soldier team dmg auras too)

Quote Originally Posted by Hacre View Post
    Well I can. If you have to swap crap to buff then the buffs should last 4 hours. That's the only thing that kept me sane on my Keeper.

Then again I don't know how much stuff you have to swap. -WITH- nanoskills in the relevant symbs, Hacre packed Phulaks, nano hud, arith armour (having to keep ATE3 perked, yay) rings and god knows what else. Swapping that at any interval less than 4 hours would've made Hacre retire long before she did.
    Well, we've never had any buffs longer than two hours, and we only have one at that length.

I'm not in an endgame setup yet (cause I'm slow and stuff) but I am in primarily CSS armor, so no gains on nanoskills from that any more. No towers atm, so just now I swap a back item, the nano hud, a nano util, a ring, and a pistol. I have finally "graduated" out of the stage where I also need to swap to a second pistol in that hand from an SI buffing pistol to an MC buffing pistol for iVoN.

Even if it's only free 20 AR, EOE has 22 over symb, would make it equal.

87 is the PM/SI the symb has.

They can't fix damage-changing effects, why they are changing em completely.

Besides, what's your problem with it, would only free up IP for melee.

Quote Originally Posted by Hacre View Post
    Well I can. If you have to swap crap to buff then the buffs should last 4 hours. That's the only thing that kept me sane on my Keeper. Swapping for the sake of swapping every hour or two is retarded.

You had to swap all those without CoNC, doable with 2-3 swaps otherwise, without ATE3.

Before I got AI30, I swapped 2 DB armor, GPH, phulak, nano3, infused nano as well.

What made me switch to symb was the 5s equip on EACH new pistols, as well as 8s equip on Twitch.

Besides, keepers are getting extra nanoskills in their perks.
    Last edited by Racatti; Oct 30th, 2009 at 20:36:07.
    Fixer - Solja Lite
    Adv - Forgotten lubchild