Thread: Overall, still no reason to play Keeper

Overall, still no reason to play Keeper

At least, in my opinion. The perk changes look to be an overall nerf to Keepers, still needing a full 10 perks in lines to have them fully useful at TL7.

The Holy Mark debuffs still look like they won't land on people we need to land them on and will land on people we don't need to land them on, for the most part, aside from someone who's only a few points of def ahead of your AR.

Pain Lance and Slice and Dice nerfed, PL does flat out less damage and SnD only hits twice.

Curing Touch nerfed pretty heavily as well, needing 3k body dev skill (lol?) to heal for less than it heals for today (6k vs 6.9k).

I'm assuming this is due to the 20% max HP heal added to the AoR line, but with any useful lines still needing 10 perks a piece, I can't see a Keeper wanting to give up the defense from HM, the HP from Blessing, the AR from Reaver or the absorbs/regrowth from Bio especially now that Regrowth got the execute time adjusted. Particularly with Street Samurai having perks viable for PvP now but again, still needing 10 perks.

Not all doom and gloom, I see Purify was made somewhat useful, ie, at least land or have a chance to land now that it's based off AR and Force Opponent got some love.

Any other Keepers care to chime in?
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

Did you notice the 200 free static AR?
    Fixer - Solja Lite
    Adv - Forgotten lubchild
    Trader - Nerfed Professional

Quote Originally Posted by Racatti View Post
    On Reaver? If you mean Reaver then you mean an extra 20 free static AR. Fully perked the line gives 180 2he today.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

I fully agree with Hacre here.

There's still no point in trying Aura of Revival. I'm not giving up the defenses from HM, the AR from Reaver nor the absorbs from Bio Shielding. Being a DD keeper Street Samurai is a must to be competitive. If I wanted to pvp I'd always choose the on-demand healing and reflects from Blessing over the aura from AoR, and that 20% max hp heal just isn't enough to make it appealing.

The specials from Holy Mark are more or less worthless in PvM. Only when tanking would the new Mark of the Pious be somewhat useful. In PvP the other 2 marks would still not land on anyone I wanted them to land on, and the ones they do land on, I wouldn't need them against.

When I saw some of the other profs get access to new perklines and saw that some of the crat ones were condensed I was so full of hope for keepers, but it seems it was all for naught. Is it really too much to ask to have the devs look at what keepers have been asking for a long time and free up some of our perks, so we actually have a choice in what to use them for? 20 perks tied up in BS and Reaver leaves only 2 perklines left to try out if they all HAVE TO BE 10 points. Throw us a bone, please. Make it interesting. Add some variation. DO SOMETHING.

No, Please show me where, since the only thing I see is that Reaver now finally adds 200 2HE instead of 180.
    Why play melee when crat pets can do your job?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyldebeast View Post
    Simple, why the melee hate?
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    ...Melee people/pets are needed...

Quote Originally Posted by Hacre View Post
    On Reaver? If you mean Reaver then you mean an extra 20 free static AR. Fully perked the line gives 180 2he today.
    Yea, figured I was stupid this time alrdy
    Fixer - Solja Lite
    Adv - Forgotten lubchild

Heh also notice Advies are getting a new attack perk on Mountaineer. Only Advies.

This will probably get shouted down immediately by non Keepers, but what about putting Reaver into Enf Only line and copying the 2he buff (even the old +180 would be fine) and pain lance/SnD to Street Samurai? Move Seppuku to SS10, SnD to SS9 and PL to SS8. Leave Cleave/Transfix as Quick Cuts got some attention, finally.

Add some root removal function to Honouring the Ancients and suddenly Keeper perk expenditure opens up for some experimentation.
    Last edited by Hacre; Oct 30th, 2009 at 19:52:19.
    Member of Spartans
    Genius at work.

Mount is useless outside duels.
    Fixer - Solja Lite
    Adv - Forgotten lubchild

Mount is useless outside duels.
    Maybe, maybe not, I just found it curious that only Advies get the attack perk in a -group- line. It's not an insignificant DD perk either.
    Member of Spartans
    Genius at work.

Totally agree with Hacre here.

Quote Originally Posted by Hacre View Post
    Heh also notice Advies are getting a new attack perk on Mountaineer. Only Advies.

This will probably get shouted down immediately by non Keepers, but what about putting Reaver into Enf Only line and copying the 2he buff (even the old +180 would be fine) and pain lance/SnD to Street Samurai? Move Seppuku to SS10, SnD to SS9 and PL to SS8. Leave Cleave/Transfix as Quick Cuts got some attention, finally.

Add some root removal function to Honouring the Ancients and suddenly Keeper perk expenditure opens up for some experimentation.
    I'm liking this method of thinking.

What every keeper has been thinking and hasn't really realized, but nobody has written down is this:

What keepers must achieve with perks alone, every other prof achieves with perks AND nanos AND items.

And this is the UBERCRUX of the problem with keepers. Keepers really need either: way more perks, or much shorter lines, with more faster actions opening up with much more frequency than what is currently available.

Consider: A nano can be executed to: give 250 AR (enf), heal completely (agent, doc, advy), insta heal (advy, MA, doc, agent), insta hot (shade, enf, fixer, doc, agent, MA), Do large add dmg (MA, enf, others..), add reflect (sold, agent), add huge amounts of crit add( agent), do massive debuffs (trader, MP, doc, MP, NT, shade, enf)

Ok, you get what I'm saying: with the exception of shade, keepers are the sole prof who must use ONLY perks to achieve all their combative gains, both reactive or procactive.

Therefore, What righteous, I and hacre and athyr have all been saying is absolutely true: we need condensed perklines, with, if not some new perklines opening up to allow other TYPES of offence and defence, at the VERY least, allow keepers to explore the current perklines more fully.