Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What's slowly killing the Agent profession..

Quote Originally Posted by Ziitta View Post
    Well maybe you rolled the wrong prof then. Agent is by design supposed to be sneaky. roll a Solja if you want to be in the forefront of the fight. again, problem with players, not the Profession.
    What part of "to kill someone, you need to leave sneak" did you not understand?

Even if your target is at 25% hp when you unsneak, you hit them with a 30% capping AS, and instantly bites the dust, YOU STILL HAVE TO UNSNEAK.

If you play a sneaky profession and all you want to do is sneaking.. well, damn. I wonder how you ever even got to the point of equipping a rifle, let alone dinging 220... but wait, that's it! You didn't do any of that.

Instead, didn't you admit to account sharing in your previous post..?
    BUT, to my understanding, Agents are a sneaking profession, and I actually tested an agent at 220 recently. and funnily enough, I was in sneak alot and felt like a god while doing it. :O
    ..yes, you did.

NEWS FLASH: logging someone else's toon and playing it for one or two BS rounds, does not suddenly make you an expert of that profession.

But it gets better. Logging someone else's Agent, and then spending one or two BS rounds in sneak all the time, doesn't even deserve the label "testing": you might as well be /afk in Borealis, for all the experience you're going to get out of that.

You become vurnerable at the kill time? sounds normal to me. the very idea of agent. Know yer target, and use the sneak ability to do yer job from places that people do not instantly know where to look for. atm yall just run up to a guy Unsneaked and expect to kill them, and cry that you cant. AGAIN, player based problem, not profession problem. FC cant fix stupidity ya know.

This is almost to the point. stuff like #2. thats the things you should be thinking about, not the unsneaked tanking part. Do I have a ready made fix for current HP increase and increase in perk speed? ofc not. but imo, all other profs the 2sec and no pre rolling of perks is good start, just that 2sec change should not include shades nor agents.
    Did I not make myself clear yet? To survive long enough to make a kill, after I have left sneak to press Q on my victim, I need to be able to take a few hits. If I'm not able to take a few hits, I'm dead before my alpha ever even starts tickle my target.

This is why Agents need a WORKING defense.

And shades dont have nanos you have, so quit crying about acro. Shades are 10 times more easier kills than agents are and you know it.
    Read the OP, completely this time. Stop making statements about things you don't have the first clue about.

The only "nanos you have" for a defense, is Complete Healing. Read the OP if you want to know my reasoning.

Complete Healing is so easily disabled, it might as well not exist (except fighting a select few professions). Want to know how/why CH is so easily disabled? Read the OP.

Yes. and holyhell its a fun filled mayhem of a defence. You should try it.
    ..except, you can't stay sneaked all the time. Unsneaking and actually playing an Agent, you should try it.

They have acro, you have heals. heres the big news for you: They are a DIFFERENT PROFESSION.
    No sh*t, Sherlock.

We were talking about cases where Agents do not have heals. This is:

a) After the profession rebalancing, when Complete Healing and related forms of healing get NERFED.
    b) Right now, when we unsneak (yes, for a kill) and a random toon decides to land just about ANY debuff on us. Read OP again, thanks.

Perk speed? That I would like to see going back to what it was for agents, as that would again make then annoying as hell sneaky bastards that they should be. Yes, just like Shades...hello, both Sneak. other is melee, other is ranged, this is a game with a choice. atleast there is a prof made for both styles. That to me sounds good.
    Perk speed going back to what it was for Agents? Lol, what.

This further confirms you've only been sneaking when you "tested" that 220 Agent. Agent perks are, and always have been, SLOW.

The only 1s perks we CURRENTLY have are snares (Soften Up, Tranquillizer) or Concussive Shot. There three together do not kill anything. Look at the setup in my signature, and click some of the perks to see what attack times they're currently at. Every single Agent or Group specific perk has a minimum of 3s casttime, excepting the aforementioned 3 perks.

Ofc they do, just not the level at what you are asking while playing Agent as a tank prof.

For reference that actually has any meaning to this topic: Agents were incredibly good before LE, and all you are doing now is trying to get the status of GM back, that is all.
    No.

You're completely missing the point, again.

If you remove Complete Healing from Agents without adding anything new, they are left with NOTHING. N O T H I N G. No viable defense, at all.

This is what my reference was for: pre-LE Traders, MPs, NTs had no viable defense. Just like Agents without (working) CH.
    Last edited by Lupusceleri; Nov 2nd, 2009 at 02:49:01.
    Lupusceleri L220/30/70 Agent -- Advisor of Spartans -- equip endgame AR setup endgame def setup <3 Azs wearer of Cheree's pants
    Arrowsmith -- Arafellin -- Alphacenta -- Aesculapias -- Wolfseye -- Lysdexic

TL5 enf twink: im out those MPs are to overpowered

crattey: The Balance Discussion forum. Where common sense goes to die.

Quote Originally Posted by Lupusceleri View Post
    What part of "to kill someone, you need to leave sneak" did you not understand?

Even if your target is at 25% hp when you unsneak, you hit them with a 30% capping AS, and instantly bites the dust, YOU STILL HAVE TO UNSNEAK.

If you play a sneaky profession and all you want to do is sneaking.. well, damn. I wonder how you ever even got to the point of equipping a rifle, let alone dinging 220... but wait, that's it! You didn't do any of that.

Instead, didn't you admit to account sharing in your previous post..?

..yes, you did.

NEWSFLASH: logging someone else's toon and playing it for one or two BS rounds, does not suddenly make you an expert of that profession. But it gets better. Logging someone else's Agent, and then spending one or two BS rounds in sneak all the time, doesn't even deserve the label "testing": you might as well be /afk in Borealis, for all the experience you're going to get out of that.
    Thats low dude. really low :P

But as you see, I said "I tested" as In I did not log it myself, I merely tested it. And I saw it as vital information before saying anything about the profession. pointing out the fact that I have not played an Agent from 1 to 220. Im only stating the things I experienced. Thanks for going for the low blow tho, really classy. Am I forbidden to touch my friends computer now?

Did I not make myself clear yet? To survive long enough to make a kill, after I have left sneak to press Q on my victim, I need to be able to take a few hits. If I'm not able to take a few hits, I'm dead before my alpha ever even starts tickle my target.

This is why Agents need a WORKING defense.
    You need speed, not defence. Defence you have quite enough already.

Read the OP, completely this time. Stop making statements about things you don't have the first clue about.
    Again...Thats why I stated those things before saying anything. I saw it as fair way of evening out the playfield. But Im still entitled to have an opinion about these matters, atleast I hope so. but afterreading these, I think my opinions hit the soft spot and you got mad, and now I cant have those opinions :P

This further confirms you've only been sneaking when you "tested" that 220 Agent. Agent perks are, and always have been, SLOW.
    Well, in the days of FT, before the nerf like in the #2, Agents were really fast gnakkers, without melee too. maybe the agents back then did something magical that has now been forgotten?
    *This message may contain small traces of sarcasm*

The only 1s perks we CURRENTLY have are snares (Soften Up, Tranquillizer) or Concussive Shot. There three together do not kill anything. Look at the setup in my signature, and click some of the perks to see what attack times they're currently at. Every single Agent or Group specific perk has a minimum of 3s casttime, excepting the aforementioned 3 perks.
    Work on the Perks, make FC change those. you arent supposed to be the new Evaders nor the new NR monsters like Enfs.
    Agents are supposed to be Hard. I really do mean this: Maybe you rolled the wrong profession?

No.
    yes.

You're completely missing the point, again.

If you remove Complete Healing from Agents without adding anything new, they are left with NOTHING. N O T H I N G. No viable defense, at all.

This is what my reference was for: pre-LE Traders, MPs, NTs had no viable defense. Just like Agents without (working) CH.
    Im missing the point where I said "remove CH from agents"... :P
    Oh yeah, I didnt say that. almost thought im becoming senile already.

I just realised I suck at forum PvP. maybe I shoulda just said I have played everything and anything to 220/30? would that make me Cool McGraw? Ah the wonders of anonimity, the lies you could spew out. maybe Ill go for those next time, like most seem to do.
    Last edited by Ziitta; Nov 2nd, 2009 at 03:14:29.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bomb4 View Post
    fsojddq oiermoinue jiebu
    (just randomly hiting the keyboard like Zixx) <3

seems to me agents could probably use some evades or AAD attached to the ruse lines in exchange for HP.

If you ask me, small=harder to hit, but weaker and slower.

RoT3= 400 conceal, 100 AAD, -1500 HP, -250 RS
    RoT4 = 600 conceal, 200 AAD, -3500 HP, -350RS

something like this?

Thats low dude. really low :P

But as you see, I said "I tested" as In I did not log it myself, I merely tested it. And I saw it as vital information before saying anything about the profession. pointing out the fact that I have not played an Agent from 1 to 220.
    Actually it's the cold, hard truth. Not "really low".

Im only stating the things I experienced.
    So.. what exactly did you experience?

From what I could make up from your posts, what really happened is that your friend went away for a piss, leaving you in front of his computer while his Agent was in sneak at the Battlestation. During that time you didn't unsneak the Agent, or touch the keyboard, but when you looked at the monitor with that sneaking Agent on it you had a "fun filled mayhem" when you realized noone would kill the Agent as long as it wasn't attacked?

Oooookay! You're now officially an expert in the Agent defense toolset. Your certificate is waiting for you over there -->

Thanks for going for the low blow tho, really classy. Am I forbidden to touch my friends computer now?
    Not at all, I won't stop you or frown upon you playing with your friend's toons.. in fact several of my good friends account share.

The difference is that they don't claim to "know" the toons they've borrowed, after playing them for 10 minutes (or watching them /afk while your friend is taking a piss).

Again...Thats why I stated those things before saying anything. I saw it as fair way of evening out the playfield. But Im still entitled to have an opinion about these matters, atleast I hope so. but afterreading these, I think my opinions hit the soft spot and you got mad, and now I cant have those opinions :P
    The soft spot? Well, the whole point of this thread was to show peoples what is wrong with Agents and why, in a way everyone can understand it. Judging from the replies of, thus far, every Agent in this thread, I've hit the nail right on the head.

But then you come along, skim through a bit, and then you write up a couple of posts filled with utter fail and wrong information - don't you think I have a right to tell you to read the OP completely, and shut up until you have?

Well, in the days of FT, before the nerf like in the #2, Agents were really fast gnakkers, without melee too. maybe the agents back then did something magical that has now been forgotten?
    *This message may contain small traces of sarcasm*
    Yeah, I know what Agents back then did.

And guess what? The reason why that's a thing of the past, is also in the OP.

I suggest you read it, since I don't feel like repeating myself.

Work on the Perks, make FC change those. you arent supposed to be the new Evaders nor the new NR monsters like Enfs.
    FC already has proposed changes to our perks, and, judging from the whole perk-picture it is crystal clear that FC wants to move away from super fast kills. This does include EVERYONE, also Agents and Shades.

Im missing the point where I said "remove CH from agents"... :P
    Oh yeah, I didnt say that. almost thought im becoming senile already.
    Oh, yeah. Let's see, did you read the OP?

I do believe FC personnel, and then especially the Game Director, has a tad more authority then you when it comes to making statements about what is going to happen to the game.

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    seems to me agents could probably use some evades or AAD attached to the ruse lines in exchange for HP.

If you ask me, small=harder to hit, but weaker and slower.

RoT3= 400 conceal, 100 AAD, -1500 HP, -250 RS
    RoT4 = 600 conceal, 200 AAD, -3500 HP, -350RS

something like this?
    FC's been there done that: RoT4 has a massive +30 AAD mod, haha.
    Lupusceleri L220/30/70 Agent -- Advisor of Spartans -- equip endgame AR setup endgame def setup <3 Azs wearer of Cheree's pants

Actually it's the cold, hard truth. Not "really low".
    Yes that was. And people who are cornered with no way out, do that. As in, go ape**** and accuse people with stuff like that. ;P

So.. what exactly did you experience?
    I experienced fun gameplay. nothing what you claim it to be. did I get killed when I tried to be a rambo? well, yeah...I experienced a miserable and fast death, but I counted those as my own fault. I didnt go home crying about them. But all tihngs put together, Agent was really damn good and fun as hell.

And about the expert stuff? Thats why I said right form the start that Im in no way an expert. Did I say that in some cryptic way or something? because that was the whole point of it. making it known that I am in no way an Agent expert when it comes to the other end of the sniper barrel, tho I know the recieving end, and this game does work within the laws of mathematics and its not rocket science. Most people just flat out lie about it or dont even bother to mention it. I guess I shoulda have not done that..err..sorry? O_o

I do believe FC personnel, and then especially the Game Director, has a tad more authority then you when it comes to making statements about what is going to happen to the game.
    Ok...I think you are going a bit too far on this "grasping the last straws" hunt here..I have said that my crystalball isnt working, nor do I have a perfect cure for all these, and that relates to, FC developers having more authority over their own game than me..How? :P
    That makes no sense...suddenly you are yelling me about how I am removing CH form agents, which I had not commented At All, and now im apparently saying I somehow have more power over the powers that be, on this game?...I really am not following you anymore. this is getting a bit weird if you ask me.
    fsojddq oiermoinue jiebu

IMHO, it should require at least several dozen hours of play with a profession to form unshakably firm opinions over their strengths, weaknesses and relative balance. I hope that decision makers weigh the relative experience of the posting players (if known) when assessing the merit of their arguments.

Since I have never played an agent, I will now offer an un-informed opinion: Sneaking around unable to actually, you know, do something that helps my side, does not sound like the foundation of a balanced, fun profession. At least it's not one I'd being jumping at when choosing a profession for a main or primary alt.

You can also not get harmed, and not harm the other side, by not logging in. And it saves time.

Ziitta and Lupusceleri, pull your claws out of each other, take a deep breath, and calm it down. This thread is rolling downhill fast.
    Coordinator Anarrina
    Public Forums Moderation Team Lead
    Community Relations Department

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM

I was going to respond to a different post, but there is so much fail in this one:

Yes that was. And people who are cornered with no way out, do that. As in, go ape**** and accuse people with stuff like that. ;P
    You admitted that you have no experience with an Agent. You have "tested" an Agent, but nobody really knows what that means. To be honest, I initially thought that meant load someone else's toon, but perhaps you played it on their computer with them right next to you. Who cares? It doesn't matter, because Lupus wasn't accusing you of account sharing in an attempt to get you banned. If you genuinely read what he said, instead of trying to act so nonchalant and self-righteous about it, you would see that he was pointing out your inexperience as an Agent. Simply put, you have no foundation to base your opinion on other than dying to Agents.

I experienced fun gameplay. nothing what you claim it to be. did I get killed when I tried to be a rambo? well, yeah...I experienced a miserable and fast death, but I counted those as my own fault. I didnt go home crying about them. But all tihngs put together, Agent was really damn good and fun as hell.
    I beg to differ. There is nothing fun about making a sandwich while I run around waiting for someone to stumble onto me that I can kill. That doesn't contribute anything to your side, your damage achieves the level of none, your support of your team achieves the level of none, JustinSane is right, you could do the same thing by not logging in.

And about the expert stuff? Thats why I said right form the start that Im in no way an expert. Did I say that in some cryptic way or something? because that was the whole point of it. making it known that I am in no way an Agent expert when it comes to the other end of the sniper barrel, tho I know the recieving end, and this game does work within the laws of mathematics and its not rocket science. Most people just flat out lie about it or dont even bother to mention it. I guess I shoulda have not done that..err..sorry? O_o
    Your experience against Agents is that you die to them. You clearly don't play one of the nine professions listed in the OP that can debuff Agents to oblivion, and a skilled Agent who knows his timing can kill you. If you are one of those professions, you are undergeared and are dying to endgame Agents who know what they are doing.

You are right, it is a game of mathematics. If you find yourself unable to kill Agents, the math doesn't add up in your favor which means the problem is on your end somewhere.

Ok...I think you are going a bit too far on this "grasping the last straws" hunt here..I have said that my crystalball isnt working, nor do I have a perfect cure for all these, and that relates to, FC developers having more authority over their own game than me..How? :P
    That makes no sense...suddenly you are yelling me about how I am removing CH form agents, which I had not commented At All, and now im apparently saying I somehow have more power over the powers that be, on this game?...I really am not following you anymore. this is getting a bit weird if you ask me.
    You misunderstand yet again. There is an incoming heal nerf. This was mentioned by the Game Director and Development Team. It has nothing to do with you. It is coming, and will effect Agents. Agents rely exclusively on one single heal nano for a semi-reliable defense that is easily disabled, and is not up to snuff compared to the increases from other professions. So far, there has not been a single mention of compensation for the obvious nerf this will have on the only decent Agent defense.

I can't spell it out much simpler than that. If you still don't get it, it's because you choose to. If you choose to ignore what real Agents genuinely have to say on the matter, you're not going to help the balance discussion at all.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

Thanks for replying to that post SultryVoltron, and supporting JustinSane4. Maybe he'll get the point when it comes from someone else.

I'll just post answers to part of the post I think still need one, for the rest you can refer to Sultry's post.

Not so much accuse, as state a fact. Account sharing - whether it is allowed or not does not matter in the slightest - means you are playing a toon that is not yours, and therefore, you lack a LOT of experience with that toon.

A good possibility, for example, is that you were in a BS full of gimps/greens, or a BS lacking professions with access to debuffs. In that case, yes, an endgame Agent will perform very well.

This story about "accusing" you of account sharing, is just that. I don't care, at all, what you do or do not do with your account.

Then why do you claim Agent defense is sneaking, and that this is a working defense?

It is, simply, not a normal defense for a grand number of reasons.

Check Sultry's post, he grasped what I meant to say pretty clearly. Stop that "last straws" stuff.

blib...

Thanks for replying to that post SultryVoltron, and supporting JustinSane4. Maybe he'll get the point when it comes from someone else.

I'll just post answers to part of the post I think still need one, for the rest you can refer to Sultry's post.

Check Sultry's post, he grasped what I meant to say pretty clearly. Stop that "last straws" stuff.
    hehe. well, tbh, we got told to tone it down, but not That down I hope. ;P

As I said before, I might give you hard time, but some one has to. Or should I ask Sultry for permission? ;P

*I think some are missing the fun in this.

Quote Originally Posted by SultryVoltron View Post
    I beg to differ. There is nothing fun about making a sandwich while I run around waiting for someone to stumble onto me that I can kill. That doesn't contribute anything to your side, your damage achieves the level of none, your support of your team achieves the level of none, JustinSane is right, you could do the same thing by not logging in.
    You beg to differ how I experienced my gameplay? well..wow. /me goes to search for hidden cameras in my house.

Quote Originally Posted by SultryVoltron View Post
    Your experience against Agents is that you die to them. You clearly don't play one of the nine professions listed in the OP that can debuff Agents to oblivion, and a skilled Agent who knows his timing can kill you. If you are one of those professions, you are undergeared and are dying to endgame Agents who know what they are doing.
    Im actually of those professions who are within survivable area of agent wrath. so that has nothing to do with it. Thanks for proving that im right tho. ta.
    Last edited by Ziitta; Nov 14th, 2009 at 01:25:58.
    fsojddq oiermoinue jiebu

As I said before, I might give you hard time, but some one has to. Or should I ask Sultry for permission? ;P

*I think some are missing the fun in this.
    Oh sure, I wouldn't be active on the forums if there was never any resistance. Arguments are part of what makes this place fun.

You beg to differ how I experienced my gameplay? well..wow. /me goes to search for hidden cameras in my house.
    He means to say it seems to be exlusively you enjoying this style of gameplay - with for example him, as a real Agent - not enjoying it at all. It seems others don't enjoy it either.. or there would be a hell of a lot more agreements with your posts, am I right?

Im actually of those professions who are within survivable area of agent wrath. so that has nothing to do with it.
    Grats.. that's not very rare nowadays, though. ;p

Oh sure, I wouldn't be active on the forums if there was never any resistance. Arguments are part of what makes this place fun.
    Indeed.

He means to say it seems to be exlusively you enjoying this style of gameplay - with for example him, as a real Agent - not enjoying it at all. It seems others don't enjoy it either.. or there would be a hell of a lot more agreements with your posts, am I right?
    The style is Agent style. There is no other style. If you play at some other style...I end up at my previous resolution. you have rolled the wrong prof. ;P

I started playing it with Agent in mind, not a Soldier, and I had fun.

Grats.. that's not very rare nowadays, though. ;p
    Heh, well, I did/do play those who got massively nerfed in the meanwhile. it was fun..tho I must say, I might have some keen interest on hardship as I usually enjoy ideas/gamepplays that are not so easy. so that might warp my idea of gameplay.
    fsojddq oiermoinue jiebu

The style is Agent style. There is no other style. If you play at some other style...I end up at my previous resolution. you have rolled the wrong prof. ;P
    That's in your opinion.

Me I rolled an Agent for the unique ability to use the False profession line, not to run around in sneak not doing anything, though I do run around in sneak often, I don't think it is or should be what defines the Agent playstyle.
    Ebondevil - Omni Level 220 Agent on Atlantean, Feel free to contact me any time if you have questions, in game or out.
    Varinox - Omni Level 220 Meta-Physicist on Atlantean
    Yamarra - Omni Level 150 Shade on Atlantean

Feel free to send me any tell in game or a Private Message if you require anything.

I started playing it with Agent in mind, not a Soldier, and I had fun.
    Ohh, well, the defining trait of an Agent can be very debatable.

Some might say it is a sneak-ganker: the type the M150/PE hotswap Agents used to be.
    Some might say it is being hard to spot/hit - even when unsneaked, because you are so tiny.. logic would dictate a landed hit would hurt like hell then, though.
    Some might say it is being able to Mimic into other professions.. go Undercover, y'know.
    Some might say it is being able to kill from long range - after all, we use sniper rifles.. impossible with current game mechanics though.

Some want to combine it all and have a bit of each trait. And I'm sure there are a lot more Agent defining traits peoples are able to come up with. Funcom yells this and that about our role but never really seems to settle down on one. So until they do I think we shouldn't focus on one vision of the Agent profession but rather seek to combine it all - make every choice viable - because choices, are for the win.

Personally I don't like the sneak-ganker style.. does that mean I have rolled the wrong prof? Nah.

It just means my Agent isn't built to sneak and gank, but rather that it's built to be effective with Mimic and hard to hit.

Heh, well, I did/do play those who got massively nerfed in the meanwhile. it was fun..tho I must say, I might have some keen interest on hardship as I usually enjoy ideas/gamepplays that are not so easy. so that might warp my idea of gameplay.
    Ditto here though, you will never see me roll a cookie cutter or flavour of the month toon. Unique twinks and setups, all the way.
    Last edited by Lupusceleri; Nov 14th, 2009 at 02:20:44.

daum, I must explain myself, nawt good:

Developers of every single MMORPG have said "players will ask for things that they do not understand"

The reason for those requests is self Want, not true prof Need. I suppose thats normal, for those who are..ehm...

They refuse to see what the developers are doing (in this case team PvP balance), because they Want everything.

In this case, it is even more clear, when we are talking about a prof that once was beyond "holy hell". They Want that back. fully understandable, kinda.

The problem is that days of "holy hell" have spoiled the ones asking for changes, hence the requests are of not what it should be.

*I wrote this before yer post above.

*And there is no Free Will in a game. You chose to be an agent, act like one. you cant adhere to the rules first, Then ask for something that does not.

Personally I don't like the sneak-ganker style.. does that mean I have rolled the wrong prof? Nah.

It just means my Agent isn't built to sneak and gank, but rather that it's built to be effective with Mimic and hard to hit.
    That means you should roll an Adv. :P

There is no "im an agent and I dont like sneaky style". if you think there is, you have rolled the wrong prof. ;P
    Last edited by Ziitta; Nov 14th, 2009 at 02:32:02.
    fsojddq oiermoinue jiebu

Ditto here though, you will never see me roll a cookie cutter or flavour of the month toon. Unique twinks and setups, all the way.
    My NT wasn't cookie cutter or flavour of the month when I rolled it.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

*snip*

They refuse to see what the developers are doing (in this case team PvP balance), because they Want everything.

*snip*

*And there is no Free Will in a game. You chose to be an agent, act like one. you cant adhere to the rules first, Then ask for something that does not.
    The irony..

You refuse to see what developers are doing, yourself. If you'd actually checked their changes, you would see there is a general direction moving away from extremely fast alpha kills.

This counts for Agents, too: our perk spike damage was decreased in the perk changes, though everything queues a lot faster now - our faceroll-alpha was increased. Also, hotswapping Agents - which are by all means specializing for a fast kill - are getting a huge nerf when they can't use AimedShot alongside SneakAttack and FullAuto anymore, two potentially 30% capping specials.

So I think we can safely say: even if your view of Agent is only a really fast killer with no other defining traits, the recent actions of the developers certainly seem to point in another direction.

Until the developers state they view Agents as the perma-sneaker, coming out only to do a really fast kill.. well, I think we can assume the other Agent traits are just as important.

That means you should roll an Adv. :P

There is no "im an agent and I dont like sneaky style". if you think there is, you have rolled the wrong prof. ;P
    I didn't say I don't like to sneak - sometimes it is very useful. But I want to be useful when I'm unsneaked, too. There is nothing wrong with that.

For example another extreme of Agent is 100% casting-with-Mimic focused. One of my twinks, the 90 Agent Lysdexic, is actually setup for that. I've twinked him to cast Mimic Enforcer along with the top Rubi-Ka Enforcer nanos and whatever you might claim, it works like a charm and I firmly believe this too is one of the defining traits of Agents. For example, a regular setup Agent (non-Mimic, and say AR or evade focused) doesn't stand a chance in a 1on1 fight.. and when you add in a second regular Agent against me, so 2on1, it's a balanced fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebondevil View Post
    Me I rolled an Agent for the unique ability to use the False profession line, not to run around in sneak not doing anything, though I do run around in sneak often, I don't think it is or should be what defines the Agent playstyle.
    Since SultryVoltron is my brother I can say that this is the reason he rolled an agent also. And having the experience of teaming with him from lvls 1-219 I can also say that everything he a Lupu have said is true regarding the current state of agents.

@ Zitta -- If you feel that the end-all-be-all to agent defense is "Sneak Moar N00bs!" You seriously need to liek ... go roll an agent or idk, maybe PM some agents on your server and ask them how they feel about there profession. Chances are high (like 100% high) that everyone that actually plays an agent disagrees with you. Hell, I do and I don't even have an agent!

Quote Originally Posted by Zitta
    And in regards to this quote in particular: You do realize that every other profession in the game has the ability to sneak right? And several other profs sneak as well as agents? And they have more survival skills? And they can kill you faster? And they ... need I go on?
    Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    I think you're wrong. I think AO is the most balanced MOBA out there.

Bump. Do agent's justice please.
    Leave "Marinegent" AScar - 220/23/65 Atrox Agent
    Wakeup "Marinesold" Screaming - 220/30/70 Nanomage Soldier
    "Moonmarin" - 220/30/80 Solitus Martial Artist
    "Marinekeep" - 215/18/4x Atrox Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by CuisinartBlade View Post
    to be fair, 2.8k ar is enough to perk anyone except fixers, mas, advs, shades, nt's that blinded you, shield mps, bow mps that landed dazzle, def docs, crats, or marinesold

so all in all it's a fairly viable setup

Balance Forum should have the moniker of "Balance Discussion - Great big walls of text".

Agents are by nature, sneaky and not playing to your strengths, well.. it's just not butter imo.

You were defensively never strong (well with introduction of debuffs that actually hurt you :P) and alot seem to play, well defensively..

Sneaky agents playing offensively in groups would be better suited.
    Posted by Seventh: Has something to do with the fact that RL speaking im 172 sm high and weight 96 kg, all of which come in muscle form (and guessing your reaction about forum pvp, yes i can log into webcam )

Said the pixels lol..

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast