Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The New Professionals Program!

TBH, doing a good job should be rewarded with more beatings so they remember why they work so hard.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Quote Originally Posted by Malaxia View Post
    CFI is teh professional factory >.>
    3 people from ~Spirit~ are currently Professionals. We wondered about that for a bit, then shrugged and went with it.

Myself, I'm looking forward to the many things to discuss with Means and the developers, should be interesting to say the least.

When I get some idea of what is incoming, Ukblizzard, I might get a hold of you and see if there's anything we can cook up.

I QUIT!

I mean...

I humbly accept this position and my duties bestowed upon me by the overseers at Funcom.

Quote Originally Posted by ihavehugenick View Post
    so engineer professional needs to have technical degree, soldier professional should be capable with a gun, doctor professional should have a surgeon title and nt professional should be a wizard with hogwarth diploma.

In other news: My rp detector just went of the charts.
    lmao!

Quote Originally Posted by Malaxia View Post
    CFI is teh professional factory >.>

I turned down a nomination for: Engineer,Trader,NT and Advy
    This was what I was wearing. Tell me I asked for it

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    Soldier reflects just flat out need to be much stronger all the time (70%~ at level 220 at all times...)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    the day our pets last forever, like yours, is the day your reqs will be lowered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    To be fair, you are lucky the mods are as forgiving as they are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    your an idiot

We had 4 people in Avatars Reloaded that were professionals in times past. It's not too unusual.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Righteous View Post
    I QUIT!
    Can i hav ur sw0rd
    bai2u!
    -::l2pvp!1::-
    Electronite: FFA also destroyed Clan hegemony when it comes to tower wars. Ironically the downfall was started by the most active pvpers. Another ironic thing is that the downfall happened due to pvm conflict. Silirrion: (We have pretty good anti-troll filters by now though) Means: Thong-wearing troxes will always be a part of this game and a point of AO pride. Keldros: Obviously reall trolls don't use conditioner Marlark: If this forum was Swedish in it's language .. id pawn you any day. 220 NT: tl7 is a joke most of the time. 90% of the people are double double dead. some are worth debuffing tho. Mastablasta: you guys are right and I'm wrong. Ebag: No. You alpha me'd due to the stat bug. More Ebag: I don't have any twinks currently, nor do I participate much in mass TL7 PvP (though I do go occasionally, usually just to watch). Questra: an MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by Chrys View Post
    Can i hav ur sw0rd

Can't top that one, so I'll just say:

gratz you guys!! Speak up for us, often and loudly and persuasively
    Sawbones2 220/22 NM Doc, General of Pantheon
    Rootntootm 220/25 Soli Crat
    Rockmsockm 212/19 Trox Enfo
    Swaptioneer 175/13 Opi Tradah
    Sliderule 134/11 Soli Engie

Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    So Engineer Professional needs to have technical degree, Soldier Professional should be capable with a gun, Doctor professional should have a surgeon title and NT professional should be a wizard with Hogwarth diploma.

In other news: my RP detector just went of the charts.
    I have a PhD in Babysitting, guess it fits.
    blah

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    We had 4 people in Avatars Reloaded that were professionals in times past. It's not too unusual.
    Aw
    RK1 - Malaxia - NM Bureaucrat (220/30/70) - Master of soloing
    RK1 - Telbruk - Solitus Soldier (220/30/59) - Mostly harmless
    RK1 - Telbewbs - Solitus Doctor (220/30/65) - Raiding assistant
    RK1 - Telbot - Atrox Adventurer (59/4) - Lovechild raid bot
    RK1 - Sumonia - NM Meta-Physicist (83/6) - Mochies totem
    RK1 - Coustaille - NM Engineer (52/0) - Totw Twink
    Test - Mala - Solitus Agent (220/30/70) - Council of Testers

President of Cosmic Forklift Inc. & General of Primal Evolution & Live Liaison of Council of Testers

Everything you need for your crat is here
    Testlive fun : MMOATP and more! Join us!

Just looked through the winning professionals of all profs... tbh seems like most of the new professionals are the biggest trolls, whiners and generally unpleasant and unreasonable people (don't mean all of em, just some particular people, when me and my friends saw them as candidates we were all like "omg if this one wins I quit") and of course they all won. Imo the voting should have taken place ingame, since forum population is a very small part of the ingame population, either that or FC could just pick the people they find most reasonable. Democracy is the dumbest system mankind has ever invented ^^
    Techno "Calamite" Witch -- 220/22 soli crat
    Hbar -- 220/28 nano NT
    Electropanic -- 170/17 opi NT
    Insanenomore - 174/17 soli engi
    Darksmile -- 220/21 nano enf
    Drifting -- 150/8 nano MP
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    got more, but don't remember their names

Quote Originally Posted by Calamite View Post
    Just looked through the winning professionals of all profs... tbh seems like most of the new professionals are the biggest trolls, whiners and generally unpleasant and unreasonable people (don't mean all of em, just some particular people, when me and my friends saw them as candidates we were all like "omg if this one wins I quit") and of course they all won. Imo the voting should have taken place ingame, since forum population is a very small part of the ingame population, either that or FC could just pick the people they find most reasonable. Democracy is the dumbest system mankind has ever invented ^^
    The way I see it, most if not all of the game's discussion and balancing efforts take place on the forums. Therefore, if you are not registered on the forums you are hardly acting as a member of the community and are waiving your privelege of voting and voicing your opinion. This was the most fair and organized way it could be done.

And did you really want to see voting end up like 'xp stims' did? :@

Quote Originally Posted by Righteous View Post
    The way I see it, most if not all of the game's discussion and balancing efforts take place on the forums. Therefore, if you are not registered on the forums you are hardly acting as a member of the community and are waiving your privelege of voting and voicing your opinion. This was the most fair and organized way it could be done.

And did you really want to see voting end up like 'xp stims' did? :@
    Yeah, what I'm saying is most players actually PLAY, not spend their time on the forums, because they have lives, jobs, kids or just don't care about all the trolls here, forums are for people who have way too much time on their hands (me included). And voting wasn't advertised ingame in any way so a "casual" player would take 5 minutes of his/her time and vote. Most of the forum inhabitants are the people who spend at least 12 hours a day ingame and 5 on the forums ^^

Besides, it takes some reading to determine each candidate's standing. People with constructive ideas usually keep rather quiet and don't shout their mouth in any discussion just for the sake of trolling, no wonder biggest loudmouths win.

As for xp stims, if you're referring to people creating multiple accounts and voting from them, imo it's easier to do at the forums than ingame. You can just limit votes to 1 per account and the account should have at least 1 toon over lvl 100. I know people have multiple accounts but what stops them from voting on the forums the same way? (dun dun dun I know how artyomis won )
    Last edited by Calamite; Dec 8th, 2009 at 19:58:46.
    Techno "Calamite" Witch -- 220/22 soli crat
    Hbar -- 220/28 nano NT
    Electropanic -- 170/17 opi NT
    Insanenomore - 174/17 soli engi
    Darksmile -- 220/21 nano enf
    Drifting -- 150/8 nano MP
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    got more, but don't remember their names

Yeah tit will be interestiing to see how new version of this program will work, since you basically managed to have all the forum big mouths voted to professionals seats ...except me that is

since you basically managed to have all the forum big mouths voted to professionals seats
    As it does seem to be the case, yes
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    (and our one old one)
    I win !

Yeah tit will be interestiing to see how new version of this program will work, since you basically managed to have all the forum big mouths voted to professionals seats ...except me that is
    Excepted me...
    RK1 - Malaxia - NM Bureaucrat (220/30/70) - Master of soloing
    RK1 - Telbruk - Solitus Soldier (220/30/59) - Mostly harmless
    RK1 - Telbewbs - Solitus Doctor (220/30/65) - Raiding assistant
    RK1 - Telbot - Atrox Adventurer (59/4) - Lovechild raid bot
    RK1 - Sumonia - NM Meta-Physicist (83/6) - Mochies totem
    RK1 - Coustaille - NM Engineer (52/0) - Totw Twink
    Test - Mala - Solitus Agent (220/30/70) - Council of Testers

President of Cosmic Forklift Inc. & General of Primal Evolution & Live Liaison of Council of Testers

Everything you need for your crat is here
    Testlive fun : MMOATP and more! Join us!

Malaxia is exceptional!
    i R not spik engrish

And voting wasn't advertised ingame in any way so a "casual" player would take 5 minutes of his/her time and vote.
    I did log in a few of times and try to bring some attention to the voting, maybe it worked, maybe it didn't, but I did try.
    Ebondevil - Omni Level 220 Agent on Atlantean, Feel free to contact me any time if you have questions, in game or out.
    Varinox - Omni Level 220 Meta-Physicist on Atlantean
    Yamarra - Omni Level 150 Shade on Atlantean

Feel free to send me any tell in game or a Private Message if you require anything.

This is so true. Real life and Rubi-ka has some similarities. Too many people are too uneducated/greedy to know their own good, and see the bigger picture. Thus vote for the guy who spammes them the most, or promises them the most personal gain. Luckily in a world of infinite resources like Rubi-KA, it will most likely not be the end of us..

And just like real life we'll have to suffer through everyones opinions about what SHOULD have happened until the next round.

Its really uncanny the parallels this professional election had to real life political campaigns. I certainly saw some similarities in how politicians react in certain situations as well as the people around them. I kept a blog throughout the process ill share with you all when I get home.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast