Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The New Professionals Program!

Quote Originally Posted by ArienSky View Post
    The title "Professional Engineer" means a lot to me; RL professional engineers (usually) are rather bright and logical people, I think it is a scorn to have a title like that being given away that easy.
    and I actually believe that it is illegal in some countries, as it is a protected title..

i think this is where you may be confused. you have the phrase backwards. its Engineer Professional. which gives a totally different inferred meaning than "Professional [profession here]".

Level 1 to 300 in 8 Years! Pwn!
    - Join us on Discord! -
    AO WIKI!
    Arcanum!

I have to confess to being somewhat disturbed seeing shadowgod with a normal avatar and not a badge anymore :/
    bai2u!
    -::l2pvp!1::-
    Electronite: FFA also destroyed Clan hegemony when it comes to tower wars. Ironically the downfall was started by the most active pvpers. Another ironic thing is that the downfall happened due to pvm conflict. Silirrion: (We have pretty good anti-troll filters by now though) Means: Thong-wearing troxes will always be a part of this game and a point of AO pride. Keldros: Obviously reall trolls don't use conditioner Marlark: If this forum was Swedish in it's language .. id pawn you any day. 220 NT: tl7 is a joke most of the time. 90% of the people are double double dead. some are worth debuffing tho. Mastablasta: you guys are right and I'm wrong. Ebag: No. You alpha me'd due to the stat bug. More Ebag: I don't have any twinks currently, nor do I participate much in mass TL7 PvP (though I do go occasionally, usually just to watch). Questra: an MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by Chrys View Post
    I have to confess to being somewhat disturbed seeing shadowgod with a normal avatar and not a badge anymore :/
    Alot of the news on AO Forums is decidedly disturbing this last few days. Today being especially disturbing.
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

Quote Originally Posted by Chrys View Post
    Yeah, I 100% agree, Kintaii needs to make him some custom IRC avatar.

-Ariensky

Two things; First thank what ever deity you believe in that you don't need reading comprehension to be a member of these forums or you would have problems greatly with a good number of my post. Second, I am a registered mechanical and civil engineer in the state of Indiana, and have held that title for 8 years now.

If you would like to continue the discussion about the server merging I will make a post in the fwm to respond to the 2 quotes you took out of context, but no more commenting on it in this thread as that is not what it is for.
    Last edited by Technogen; Dec 7th, 2009 at 18:17:23.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Technogen View Post
    Yeah, I 100% agree, Kintaii needs to make him some custom IRC avatar.
    Oh, we're not quite done with Shadowgod just yet either. There's still more goodness to come from the new Professionals program. =D
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Oh, we're not quite done with Shadowgod just yet either. There's still more goodness to come from the new Professionals program. =D
    ......ohshi

Level 1 to 300 in 8 Years! Pwn!
    - Join us on Discord! -
    AO WIKI!
    Arcanum!

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    As long as it's pink and involves a tutu I can't see how anyone could reasonably object.
    bai2u!
    -::l2pvp!1::-
    Electronite: FFA also destroyed Clan hegemony when it comes to tower wars. Ironically the downfall was started by the most active pvpers. Another ironic thing is that the downfall happened due to pvm conflict. Silirrion: (We have pretty good anti-troll filters by now though) Means: Thong-wearing troxes will always be a part of this game and a point of AO pride. Keldros: Obviously reall trolls don't use conditioner Marlark: If this forum was Swedish in it's language .. id pawn you any day. 220 NT: tl7 is a joke most of the time. 90% of the people are double double dead. some are worth debuffing tho. Mastablasta: you guys are right and I'm wrong. Ebag: No. You alpha me'd due to the stat bug. More Ebag: I don't have any twinks currently, nor do I participate much in mass TL7 PvP (though I do go occasionally, usually just to watch). Questra: an MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Congratulations to all those who have been elected as new professionals!

If any professional is interested in discussing ways for AOU to get involved with any projects you have in mind while you are representing your profession, please feel free to contact me directly.

Best wishes,
    Katelin

So Engineer Professional needs to have technical degree, Soldier Professional should be capable with a gun, Doctor professional should have a surgeon title and NT professional should be a wizard with Hogwarth diploma.

In other news: my RP detector just went of the charts.

It's a total change for me, there's not any old professional left but me, but I know many of the new professionals, some were quite active on test server even

Welcome to the club ! With the balance you have much to do now
    RK1 - Malaxia - NM Bureaucrat (220/30/70) - Master of soloing
    RK1 - Telbruk - Solitus Soldier (220/30/59) - Mostly harmless
    RK1 - Telbewbs - Solitus Doctor (220/30/65) - Raiding assistant
    RK1 - Telbot - Atrox Adventurer (59/4) - Lovechild raid bot
    RK1 - Sumonia - NM Meta-Physicist (83/6) - Mochies totem
    RK1 - Coustaille - NM Engineer (52/0) - Totw Twink
    Test - Mala - Solitus Agent (220/30/70) - Council of Testers

President of Cosmic Forklift Inc. & General of Primal Evolution & Live Liaison of Council of Testers

Everything you need for your crat is here
    Testlive fun : MMOATP and more! Join us!

Funcom employee

Good job Kintaii. We all appreciate how much time and effort it took to get this program back on its feet. This is precisely the kind of personal dedication that has kept AO going strong for the last 8 years. We are all lucky to have you with us

If you are still at the office please go home now and get some sleep...

Welcome to all our new professionals (and our one old one)!

We have a great many things to discuss
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake
    Past Game Director (2008-2011)

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    NEVER

... sorry. Just wanted to use the annoying big bold red font one last time.
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post

you actually let your devs sleep? i am impressed

Quote Originally Posted by ArienSky View Post
    The title "Professional Engineer" means a lot to me; RL professional engineers (usually) are rather bright and logical people, I think it is a scorn to have a title like that being given away that easy.
    Nah, in real life, Professional just means they know enough to get paid for it. The majority of them can easily be put to shame by someone whose motivation to learn isn't strictly monetary. I've done plenty of that myself over the years.
    Because Race Yalm

Quote Originally Posted by tweeeek View Post
    you actually let your devs sleep? i am impressed
    Kintaii never sleeps, he is always watching, watching, watching.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Congratulations to all our new professionals

Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    So Engineer Professional needs to have technical degree, Soldier Professional should be capable with a gun, Doctor professional should have a surgeon title and NT professional should be a wizard with Hogwarth diploma.

In other news: my RP detector just went of the charts.
    I laughed out loud!

Oh and that's why I declined to run for Fixer professional, I have no rap sheet

Thanks tho to those of you who nominated me

And a big grats to all the winners!
    Stars "Wormx" Monkey 220/30/70 3rd opi fix on RK1, 7th on all dimensions to hit AI30 Thanks for all the raids : )
    DanceMeTo "Summerglow" TheEndOfLove 220/27/67 Opi Fixer. Yes, I like fixers.
    LifeIs "Winterglow" NoCabaret 150/14/42 Opi Fixer. Waiting for more hits with the nerfbat.
    Doctor "Wormx6" Panda 220/20/55 Atrox doctor, dinged 220 off Thrak key quest : )
    Mr "Ceilingcat" Monkey 220/23/52 Soli MP, hiding in the ceiling, watching...
    Too many other alts to list here...

Damn you Wr0my, you wouldda made an excellent Prof. :P
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

But it would have created an overpowering force in our org, 3 professionals from it.

<@Kintaii> L2P

CFI is teh professional factory >.>
    RK1 - Malaxia - NM Bureaucrat (220/30/70) - Master of soloing
    RK1 - Telbruk - Solitus Soldier (220/30/59) - Mostly harmless
    RK1 - Telbewbs - Solitus Doctor (220/30/65) - Raiding assistant
    RK1 - Telbot - Atrox Adventurer (59/4) - Lovechild raid bot
    RK1 - Sumonia - NM Meta-Physicist (83/6) - Mochies totem
    RK1 - Coustaille - NM Engineer (52/0) - Totw Twink
    Test - Mala - Solitus Agent (220/30/70) - Council of Testers

President of Cosmic Forklift Inc. & General of Primal Evolution & Live Liaison of Council of Testers

Everything you need for your crat is here
    Testlive fun : MMOATP and more! Join us!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast