Thread: Balancing - the fun parts

Balancing - the fun parts

What makes AO fun?
    To me it is not only AR and defence, but much more.
    Some of the fun idears from the launch of AO needs re-balancing, as so much time has passed.

Fixers:
    The summoning nanoes; they only summon Rubi-Ka versions.
    The good things about that nano, is that the weapons are temporary, but tradeable.
    If the line was extended to include typed AI weapons, OFAB and combined armors, the now dead and unused nanoline could again be revived.

Balancing at AO launch:
    When AO launched, you tradeskilled a lot of weapons, and all the good weapons were available from the fixer summoning nanoes.
    The balancing lies in that 1) it is random what you get so you have to try a lot of times 2) It costs credits 3) it will only be temporary.

Today:
    The summoning nanoline, only brings up old and bad AO clasic weapons and armors, and require nanoskills that fixers seldom use, hence there is little to no encouragement to use the line.

A great nanoline, that once made the startup life of a fixer easier, and one of the really fun parts of that profession for me.

Example nano: Bootleg Beamers 'n Bolters (OP-CC)

Adventurers:
    They can befriend leets, the problem has always been, that there never are any around.
    Why not let the adventurers summon a leet?
    Adventurers are normally not a pet profession, but they have this nanoline, where they can charm leets.
    A little extra damage, from an assisting leet would be cute and cool, and revive the nanoline again, given that the leets have NCU for buffs.

Example nano: Soleet Friend

Agents:
    Agents have holograms. They work just as well as any furniture in AO for obstructing line of sight.

It could be good if they looked like an Anti-personnel turret, a real person eg. an NT (cyberdeck), Doctor, Trader.
    In essence decoys.
    Sure, people will learn to recognise the looks, but that would also mean that people could dress up as those stereotypes, to confuse others, just as some dress up as Carlo Panetti.

Example item: Hologram Projector: Jokka Tree

Engineers:
    They can turn into robots.
    only one though, the slayerdroid, why not let them turn into androids, gladiator bots etc. ?

Example nano: Slayerdroid Transference

Professions where the "fun thing" has not been outdated:

Bureaucrat
    Have recently gotten a new skin for there android.
    A just visual morph-nano for the pets?

Enforcer
    Size and sparkling shields
    Could maybe use a red sparkle?

Martial artist
    Burning hands
    Maybe a new colour?

Meta-physicist
    Fun pets
    A just visual morph-nano for the pets?

Nano-technician
    Brilliant AOEs
    Maybe a new colour?

Professions that have no "fun thing" as I am aware, suggestions on how to balance them in the fun-factor are welcomed

Doctor

Keeper

Shade

Soldier

Trader

Kind Regards
    -Ariensky
    Humankind can not gain anything, without first giving something in return.
    To obtain; something of equal value must be lost.
    That is the 1st law of equivalent exchange

Rubi-Ka needs: a nickel statue of an astronaut pointing at the sky
    With the description / plate saying:
    When the stars burn out and I find I lack the strength to continue...one of YOU wil pick up the flag and carry it forward.
    This really isn't a corporate product anymore...it belongs to all of us. Where it goes it up to us.

A 220 fixer can self-cast those, generally, without a single point into MC.

But, I do like the idea. It would provide a quick fix to people who need ofab stuff, but don't have the VPs for it yet.

Oh, and Traders get one of the awesomest (if not entirely useful...) summonings in the game. Multiple Carlos
    Last edited by BugsCoT; Oct 30th, 2009 at 10:52:06.
    -Bugs
    Test Dimension

Problems with "patch not found" error while trying to get on Testlive?
    See Technogen's "Halp, I can't patch to test!" Fix

Quote Originally Posted by ArienSky View Post
    Adventurers:
    They can befriend leets, the problem has always been, that there never are any around.
    Adventurers are normally not a pet profession, but they have this nanoline, where they can charm leets.
    A little extra damage, from an assisting leet would be cute and cool, and revive the nanoline again, given that the leets have NCU for buffs.

Leet could have a snare attack so the 2 things advs lacked are filled :P
    Agents:
    Agents have holograms. They work just as well as any furniture in AO for obstructing line of sight.

It could be good if they looked like an Anti-personnel turret, a real person eg. an NT (cyberdeck), Doctor, Trader.
    In essence decoys.
    Sure, people will learn to recognise the looks, but that would also mean that people could dress up as those stereotypes, to confuse others, just as some dress up as Carlo Panetti.

Example item: Hologram Projector: Jokka Tree
    Could be tab-able and have some HP so players would waste their alpha on them.

Enforcer
    Size and sparkling shields
    Could maybe use a red sparkle?
    Heresy, should be pink! And I don't want more +size stuff, we already have way too much and it makes you feel slow. Actually WTB an option to disable size mods.
    blah

i love being hughe... the only real downsize to it is that no areas of AO fits an enf.
    we are more often then not running with our head stuck in the ceiling.
    Moonbolt - 220/26/something. Trox Enf RK1 General of Hells Heroes.
    Renswind - 220/21/67 solitus trader.
    Moonkiss - 219/21/something opifex shade.
    Mooncloud - 150/18/somethin solitus MA.

Martial artist
    Burning hands
    Maybe a new colour?

Professions that have no "fun thing" as I am aware, suggestions on how to balance them in the fun-factor are welcomed

Soldier
    Soldier
    Burning Crotch from using Mongo R*pe perk special while wielding a weapon capable of burst, fullauto, etc.

Adventurers:

Leet pets won't (and never did) attack anything outside their own attack range. By the time can cast a ql 152 nano, you can now charm a ql8 leet! Whoo, everyone is running in fear from me now.

Seriously, if you want to worry about "fun stuff" as it relates to combat for adventurers, ignore silly social buff lines that were given to everyone with the AI Leet Pet anyway, and fix the damage changing problems. The cold damage changing ability of Beckoning us USEFUL, -if- it didn't break Poison Bite, MA damage types, and fire bracers. Instead of stripping the ability out and making it another straight add damage perk...fix the base problem.
    If you are allergic to a thing, it is best not to put that thing in your mouth, particularly if the thing is cats.

Making the summon line for Fixers viable again would be great. Even having the ability to summon 50k ammo kits would be nice Having the ability to summon actual useful weapons would be even better.

Also, having taken a long break from AO (not willingly) and coming back I was pleasantly surprised to see how much stuff had gotten fixed, twinked, etc (thank you for the ICC grid point!). One of the old suggestions that I'd like to see one day is an SWS indicator of some sort. An aura or something would be great so you know when you need to recast it.
    Rootcommand Level 219/28 Omni Solitus Fixer
    Diosdemuerte Level 213/18 Omni Solitus Soldier
    Dicenslice Level 220/21 Omni Atrox Keeper

~ Proud Member of Newcomers Alliance ~

the fun thing about crats was getting our droids in a variety of colors?

I vote that the new pets look like mini lotv's. the exact mesh and skin already exists for the alba pocket boss--now that, would be fun!

Prouver que j'ai raison serait accorder que je puisse avoir tort.

Id like to see new abilities to various profession that would lessen the need to have a doc/enf/crat in team or make the unattractive more attractive though. Getting stuck on /lft for hours just because your not playing the right profession, is a huge problem in todays AO. Not everyone has the time to be on /lft for hours, or be lucky enough to find a doc/enf/crat on /lft. Once you get/create a team, the stuff you're after has a retarted low droprate. Instanced raidzones have made a lot of people get frustrated and who knows how many has left because of it.

[Personal wishes] Engineer:
    Nano Crystal (Unicorn Battlesuit Transference)
    Nano Crystal (Omni-Pol Juggernaut Transference).
    Last edited by Fuglskremsel; Oct 30th, 2009 at 19:25:16.