Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Malpractice - Delete it.

Quote Originally Posted by Phylicity View Post
    and if they choose to use aimed shot they wont be able to cast nanos during that time.
    You base this on what exactly? It's more likely to have a separate timer from casting like perks does...

On malp, it was never intended to be spammable, but it is. Doubling the nanocost on it should fix that problem
    Last edited by Phargus; Nov 1st, 2009 at 22:27:35.

Quote Originally Posted by Jjin View Post
    How about a summonable chalice docs can wear? Some suggestions:

- Make a few versions for different level ranges. TL7, TL5, maybe some for around 100 and 50ish.
    - Casting requirements of BM/MM/MC. Item lasts 6 hours like SWS.
    - No weapons are equipable when it is worn. Make the equip time at least 10s to prevent hotswaps to aimed shot.
    - Create a new line of doc nukes that can only be cast while it is equipped. Make them appropriate for the level range of the chalice being used. Good damage, no crazy debuffs, much cheaper nanocost then malp, lower than 100% nano check so it lands reliably.
    - Make all the chalices and nukes buyable from ofab nano vendors.
    - Add a huge nano casting initiative buff on the TL7 chalice so docs wearing it can fight full defence.
    How about just attach it to the Spec Quests like Cyberdecks? And anyone who has it done already can pick up the item from what's his name.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

Quote Originally Posted by SultryVoltron View Post
    How about just attach it to the Spec Quests like Cyberdecks? And anyone who has it done already can pick up the item from what's his name.
    That's a pretty good idea. I should also add that this item would need a AR like cyberdecks based off MM/BM/MC so you can use perks with it.

debump

The nano is not like it's our "I win" button, any average doc will have trouble landing it the first time on a decent opponent.

My main is a doc and i have to chaincast malp to get it to rank 2-3 and then it's using the remaining nano to heal up because it got countered the first 6-7 times.

I do agree that in certain situations and combinations it can be overpowered, but nerfing it = no longer using it.
    Freedom or death!
    Anything then being an Omni Tek Corporate slave!

Created 2005-11-16 (paid main that's all mine )
    Created 2005-02-03 (froobie)
    Created 2007-10-11 (second paid account because i wanted a freaking shade :P)

Quote Originally Posted by Jjin View Post
    How about a summonable chalice docs can wear? Some suggestions:

- Make a few versions for different level ranges. TL7, TL5, maybe some for around 100 and 50ish.
    - Casting requirements of BM/MM/MC. Item lasts 6 hours like SWS.
    - No weapons are equipable when it is worn. Make the equip time at least 10s to prevent hotswaps to aimed shot.
    - Create a new line of doc nukes that can only be cast while it is equipped. Make them appropriate for the level range of the chalice being used. Good damage, no crazy debuffs, much cheaper nanocost then malp, lower than 100% nano check so it lands reliably.
    - Make all the chalices and nukes buyable from ofab nano vendors.
    - Add a huge nano casting initiative buff on the TL7 chalice so docs wearing it can fight full defence.
    I don't know... Ask NT's how happy they are with their cyberdecks. Docs used to be able to use any type of weapon and still there are different weapon types they use. Personally I like that and I hate to be limited to a "§/& cyberdeck.
    I admit, it offers options with nanoskills as AR check, but the loss of versatility is quite big.

About the AS issue.. It's gonna resolve itself in a few weeks when AS gets a nerf.
    Deadly Whisper - RK1
    too many alts for to little space

Quote Originally Posted by Saetos View Post
    How about giving Doctors a line of nukes that are usable only with the TOTW and IS chalices, with Malpractice being the top one? Maybe I'm just weird but I think an alternative damage style using weapons as a catalyst would be kinda cool for Doctors. This would mean then that Doctors wouldn't be able to use AimedShot weapons alongside Malpractice.
    All MP needed was the same lock Dr Blaze's DoT has. Though now with an AS nerf inc, this is kinda moot.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

Quote Originally Posted by Hacre View Post
    All MP needed was the same lock Dr Blaze's DoT has. Though now with an AS nerf inc, this is kinda moot.
    I'd use a questable Chalice on my doc. I went 1hb just because I refuse to use Pistols.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

Quote Originally Posted by RmikClan View Post
    FP doc doesnt count :P
    He's not talking about FP, he plays a 220 (real) doctor sometimes.
    President of ShadowMercs

As a shield MP I don't see Malpractice as a whole big threat, even on my gimp toon on Test I sat there and ate tons of Malp while letting doctors test it out on me. That said, I'm a shield MP, and even with crap gear I know what I'm doing and have decent NR. Docs who spam Malp will run outta nano in a hurry, and I find myself ok with that.

I'm also ok with chalices, oddly enough, though creation chalices seem sorta odd. I know there's IS/TOTW/Inferno chalices that are around but perhaps maybe extend the line downwards to bridge the gap between IS and Inferno a bit or cover the gap between TOTW and IS?

BM for AR could be a useful thing from time to time, we'll see. Should be more RE doctors coming up too now that Ranged Energy is more of an option now.

Uh, i don't know about the RE docs. It may be a option in pvm but RE cluster locations still heavily conflict with symbiants/implant slots. And the pistol pistols and the pistols itself are still quite oped so without new RE weapons that rival it I don't see it becoming mainstream.
    Deadly Whisper - RK1
    too many alts for to little space

ME/RE would be great and give back the diversity doctors once had. Though i hope to see all profs given diversity with these perk and nano changes.

With the coming AS nerf, malp will be the only DD a doc can inflict so I don't know what you are crying about. And remember with the coming heal nerfs we will have a lot less time to cast them. Also the only times malp does a lot of damage is when someone forgot to put their HHAB back on. I have much more nanoskills than the normal pvp doc because I refuse to only go the stupid max HP/AS route and still hope that one day docs can be a nano prof. That being said I can't even kill myself with malp unless I go mostly agg and I havn't twinked NR in any way. So for everyone dying to malp alone, go play Hello Kitty and toss some hugs instead.

Yes malp will totally **** a green VP farmer on BS but so does Burst FA perk perk. The combination AS + malp vs someone with gimpish NR or low hp can be pretty good, but the only ones with low hp are pretty much the evaders and those have nothing to worry about when AS nerf comes anyway.

So for all those crying about malp, exactly how are a doc suppost do hurt someone in the future? As a support prof we have ****ty AR and a DD cap at 1200 or something, AS is getting def check, so we're not doing any DD with weapons really. Dots alone are so useless that with rrfe you can just sit down and pretty much go afk.

Minova:220:30:doc
    Looke:220:30:adv
    Winova:174:24:sold
    Rinova:168:23:nt
    Meanova:126:15:trader
    Meenova:95:10:agent
    Redemption

Quote Originally Posted by Perking View Post
    Any doctor with gsf can kite kill in a reletively easy manor with this alone. Please delete it or change it from being spamable.
    Why delete GSF because a doctor can kill you? You know doctors cant cast that, its a fixer nano?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12