Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [RK2] IRRK: Borealis: Three years into Omni-Tek occupation.

Independent Reporters of Rubi-Ka Editor: IRRK's Avatar

[RK2] IRRK: Borealis: Three years into Omni-Tek occupation.

[RK2] IRRK: Borealis: Three years into Omni-Tek occupation.
    October 29, 29483 - [Rimor]

IRRK – Selcha Doree – Borealis - Over three years ago Omni-Tek forces invaded the town of Borealis in a surprise move to start its occupation. After all the time we'll take a look at the effects to both the neutral and omni citizens.

The original “reason” for Omni-Tek's move was to protect the communication relay above the town. The supposed strategic importance of the dish has not been explained further than being something to do with the Goliath Battlestations - Which as you may remember were originally meant as an aid against the continued Kyr'Ozch invasion. None of the alien attacks on Borealis, however, have so far included the dish. It seems the aliens are simply not interested at all.

Through the years many people asked the same question: what is the real reason for omni presence in Borealis? This question remains unanswered to this day.

There are many reasons for neutrals' bitterness about the whole affair. First is the simple fact we consider the place to be neutral. It was neutral for years. We cared for it and developed it into a thriving settlement. If it has any value to Omni-Tek today it is us who put it in this place with the labour of our hands.

Of course, Omni-Tek bureaucrats will tell us that rightfully they can take whatever they want on the planet. It is the right of the thief, the oppressor, however. Even if it's sanctioned by ICC, whose motives are not clear on the matter, the moral implications are the same: the labour of our hands, the homes we spent our childhoods in, the place we took pride to live in was taken from us by force of a common bully.

Through the years, Borealis has been a hot spot for protests and riots. There were so many of them that most citizens simply lost count. A lot of them were reported by press. Some of them were:
    OTPC: Rioting in Borealis prompts a response by Administrator Lonare, IRRK: Freedom Fighter demonstrations lead to rioting in Borealis, Newland City Press Release: Newland´s stance on the Borealis Freedom Fighters, Freelance: Engineers Plot Illegal Takeover and many more.

Borealis Freedom Fighters have become a prominent group in this struggle because of their numerous attacks on Omni-Tek personnel and spreading of anti-occupation propaganda. They are not alone in their efforts however. Citizens have taken initiative more than once to protest during the past years. Not long ago there was a protest which turned into a small skirmish in the streets.

“The main purpose? Well, as you can already see, its to show Omni-Tek once again, we are not going to stay silent, as they wreck, loiter, litter and ruin our home!” was the mission statement of one of the attendees, Ownkind "Iamown" Nanomage.

The bully was successful. Other neutrals are constantly worried about Omni-Tek troops marching into their cities too. A Newland City Council minister, Beta “Foosball33” Cross commented recently about the latest riot:

“Well I don't think it's the right way to go back to a neutral city... All this does is piss off Omni... they're really not ones to cower or back down cause of some shooting... how long have they been at war with the clans now?” After a moment he added: “But don't get me wrong... I'm not really sure how to get Borealis back to a neutral controlled city.”

It seems that Omni-Tek gained nothing by taking Borealis over, except resentment of the neutral population.

Is it worth it? Is it worth the trouble of occupying a city against the very will of the city's citizens? What justifies all the trouble and effort of holding a city with only dubious and murky strategic advantage? Is it only the corporate pride of CEO Zora and the Directors that forces this whole situation onto everyone? Or is it just a mistake nobody wants to admit, so the corporation spends astronomical amounts of money to keep the city while it could be directing their effort into something more reasonable?

One of the Omni-Tek employees, Aystosha “February” Earnshaw provided some insight into the feeling on the matter of the corporate personnel:

“On the one hand I'm firm on the idea that our occupation of Borealis is for the bettering of the city. Especially with what happened in Newland recently. Our job here is to protect everyone's interests in a time where neutral security is still in its youngest stages.

“But on the other hand, (again with recent happenings) we're seeing more evidence of Neutrals able to fend for themselves. I can't say what the higher-up's opinions are, but my personal beliefs really stand in the middle. We're here to protect, but I think we should give Neutrals a chance to defend their own cities for a short while, at the least.”

Dear Omni-Tek Directors. Please learn from the wisdom of your very own employees and help to turn Borealis back into what it had been: a thriving place where both neutral and omni citizens peacefully and happily coexisted together.

Selcha Doree,
    IRRK.

*Reads the article and smiles.*
    Please make androgynous Atroxes. (Yes, Jen, this is you main sl00b account, (since you can't tell toons from acc page but can see forum name))
    Make opifex ears more pointy in the new engine.
    Venachar: Taking feedback from this forum would be like starting a bottled water company, sourced from Chernobyl.

I still say, though the council does not all agree on the matter, we ought to recognise a government in exile of Borealis, consisting of the candidates in the Borealis elections which this invasion put a halt to.
    Trixie "Tryqz" Rhaiyne, Newland Council Science Minister

((OCC: Kintaii came out of the closet and admitted to being an RP'er but does it change anything in Rubi-Ka or the Shadow Land's story any more?))
    Anarrina is just doing her job. Way nicer in IRC.|| High aptitudes in some things != social skills.
    "Don't debate with a troll. They are impervious and will bring you down to their level; in height range to beat you with their thick little skulls."
    Audible taste of Africa.
    One string.| How to bring a sense of accomplishment back. "Fr00bs play AO; sl00bs work it."
    Why so serious?
    Stick What? You mean there are not enough PvP-ers ... to get the BS running? ... how come ...
    Aeliniyah : Where exactly? ... it requires only 6+6 people to start a round of BS, yet they never run ...

Great analysis Selcha Doree,

I feel like a true neutral being friend with peoples from both clans and omnis and i'm always ashamed when i see Unicorns coming downtown and killing every clan at sight in this city which used to be neutral or simply a little hurt when i see omni soldiers patrolling in our city streets (not like they're even trying to restore order, since they aren't doing anything to stop the street fights that are so common in Borealis), just like i'd be when it would be Clanners occupying the city.

I think we proved (to Clans, to Omni-Tek and to ICC as well) in Newland that we could defend and keep watch on our cities well enough by ourselves.

We don't need anyone's help !! Time for Omni-Tek Directors to understand this and free Borealis !
    Gonido - 220 MP - RK2
    Neutral - President of Harmony

Former French Fansite Manager
    http://ao.mondespersistants.com

((Time for the developers to realise that those guards have been killed many times over, the satellite dish has not been attacked and Omni-Tek's bottom line strategy would not veto the slaughter of guards for so little gain.

Unless you count what some male neutrals do while standing half way on the bridge over the satellite an attack.))
    Anarrina is just doing her job. Way nicer in IRC.|| High aptitudes in some things != social skills.
    "Don't debate with a troll. They are impervious and will bring you down to their level; in height range to beat you with their thick little skulls."
    Audible taste of Africa.
    One string.| How to bring a sense of accomplishment back. "Fr00bs play AO; sl00bs work it."
    Why so serious?
    Stick What? You mean there are not enough PvP-ers ... to get the BS running? ... how come ...
    Aeliniyah : Where exactly? ... it requires only 6+6 people to start a round of BS, yet they never run ...

(( Time for the players to realize Borealis wasn't owned by the Neutrals and they need to stop QQ'ing ))
    Last edited by Trousers; Feb 18th, 2010 at 21:10:04.
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||Serve Omni-Tek
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT||||||||||||||||||||Join the ROTFLMAO
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTO TOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

[[Like it or not Borealis is still a neutral city, it's just under Omni management. And I'll bet we can expect to see more of this.]]
    I don't PvP becasue my rlpeen is big enough so I don't need to make up for it with my epeen.

"Ahhhhh that was a good dinner. Now it's time to hit the playground and watch the little girls."

Free Ti... Borealius!
    Audible taste of Africa.
    Why so serious?

Quote Originally Posted by Gonido View Post
    I feel like a true neutral being friend with peoples from both clans and omnis and i'm always ashamed when i see Unicorns coming downtown and killing every clan at sight in this city which used to be neutral or simply a little hurt when i see omni soldiers patrolling in our city streets (not like they're even trying to restore order, since they aren't doing anything to stop the street fights that are so common in Borealis), just like i'd be when it would be Clanners occupying the city.
    So in one paragraph you manage to complain that the Guards don't stop the street fights and you complain that the Unicorn guards do try to stop the street fights by dealing with those responsible for causing trouble. Congratulations!
    Ebondevil - Omni Level 220 Agent on Atlantean, Feel free to contact me any time if you have questions, in game or out.
    Varinox - Omni Level 220 Meta-Physicist on Atlantean
    Yamarra - Omni Level 150 Shade on Atlantean

Feel free to send me any tell in game or a Private Message if you require anything.

The so-called neutrals always brag about being able to take care of themselves, yet they cry when our boys don't stop every little quarrel on the streets.
    And if they stop them, they cry about rights.
    Our troops are there to look after our interests and keep the city safe, not to play nanny for terrorists and troublemakers.
    There is a simple way if you want better protection. Sign up and report to reform.
    RK1 - Atlantean
    Lise "Gimpeline" Everwhite - Omni - Level 220/30/70 Martial artist
    Rudolph "Nissemann" Juhl - Omni- Level 220/30/70 Engineer
    Omni-Mining
    Mary "Gimpa" Wormwood 2xx/30/xx Advy R.U.R
    Josephine "Gimpyposer" Dredd 21x/30/70 mp Omni-Pol
    Jarwar 2xx/30/xx Crat Wanderers Sanctuary
    Proud member of Leet Protection Agency

*Laughs long and hard.*

Omni-Tek only does what is best for Omni-Tek.
    "Tell me lies,
    oh such sweet,
    sweet little lies."

Tell me more about how they protect us! Tell me more about how being brain washed out of your individuality into a mindless drone is good for me! Go on, tell me more sweet, sweet little lies!

Neutrals are the citizens and they can police themselves. They do not need the military from either side in the conflict to bring in their lethal and martial laws.
    Audible taste of Africa.
    Why so serious?

I didn't say anything about protecting you. I said the city and our interests.
    RK1 - Atlantean
    Lise "Gimpeline" Everwhite - Omni - Level 220/30/70 Martial artist
    Rudolph "Nissemann" Juhl - Omni- Level 220/30/70 Engineer
    Omni-Mining
    Mary "Gimpa" Wormwood 2xx/30/xx Advy R.U.R
    Josephine "Gimpyposer" Dredd 21x/30/70 mp Omni-Pol
    Jarwar 2xx/30/xx Crat Wanderers Sanctuary
    Proud member of Leet Protection Agency

The city is just some blocks of concrete and the satellite dish is easily replicated. It would cost them less in lives as well as salaries with risk bonuses to just build another one with the facilities they want.

... or build a new dish in Omni Entertainment, over that slum they have.
    Audible taste of Africa.
    Why so serious?

Borealis used to be a quiet peaceful city with a thriving a economy. The fighting the litter in the streets, these things didn't happen until Omni decided to take control.
    It's interesting to know that Omni-Tek takes so little care while protecting it's interest.

When you look at the overall picture it's hard to imagine Omni-Tek has become the largest and most powerful hyper corporation in the galaxy, when they can't seem to take care of a city as small as Borealis. Or be able to put an end to one of the longest wars in human history against what is really, and no offense meant to the clans here, a small rag tag group of rebels.

*posted by a random passerby*
    I don't PvP becasue my rlpeen is big enough so I don't need to make up for it with my epeen.

"Ahhhhh that was a good dinner. Now it's time to hit the playground and watch the little girls."

FREE NELSON MAN- uh, BOREALIS!
    Trixie "Tryqz" Rhaiyne, Newland Council Science Minister

((I was a little peeved at this reporter. I made an eloquent speech, was the instigator, even talking to Kintaii about it before we did it. Then everyone got quoted except me. ))

Free Tibet & Borealius!
    Audible taste of Africa.
    Why so serious?

Quote Originally Posted by Ebondevil View Post
    So in one paragraph you manage to complain that the Guards don't stop the street fights and you complain that the Unicorn guards do try to stop the street fights by dealing with those responsible for causing trouble. Congratulations!
    They are not trying to stop those fights, they are killing any clanners in sight (that's when the dish guards take a go in town) ...
    Gonido - 220 MP - RK2
    Neutral - President of Harmony

Former French Fansite Manager
    http://ao.mondespersistants.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast