Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What prof is the most OP (solo pvp at tl7)

Quote Originally Posted by Moonbolt View Post
    im pretty sure that i can stand and swing regulars against a fixer and have alot higher miss % then hacre would have nuking me.
    Probably has something to do with the mysterious AAD. There's no such gimmick for NR.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

I saw an MA make the Op'd list, that's a beauty! I might start playing mine again, although, I'm definitly not sure what changed.

From an MA perspective:

So ridiculously OP'd that I don't play TL7: Ranged advy

OP'd: nemesis prof (enf), they were tough before th 50% checks, now, harder. add MR, and it's ugly. Docs, engi

Balanced: sold, melee advy (Almost OP'd, but still within reason), crat, MP (flyn is tough), agent, fixer, keeper (with MR is very hard), trader, shade.

Red haired step child: none

The clear pattern in this thread:

OP: professions that own me

Balanced: proffessions i own

Nerfed: proffesions i play.

Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    The clear pattern in this thread:

OP: professions that own me

Balanced: proffessions i own

Nerfed: proffesions i play.
    this isn't accurate.

There are many profs which are balanced because there is a possibility to win that can be observed by the user. For example, overall, i'm about 50/50 vs solds. I consider them balanced. same with fixer, melee advy overall I'm probably about 40/60, but, because I have beaten them and they have beaten me, I consider them not OP'd.

The problem that I do see however, is that people are basing their opinions on specific chars, for example, angevil has been mentioned and as a result MA's get a higher ranking, but, he is one of the most active TL7 pvping MA's, and as a result the overall impression of MA's is greater than what it would otherwise be.

I certainly don't have the internet to be able to time my swaps like he does, and my MA gets his ass handed to him regularly, although angevil and my setup are nearly identical. Therefore, it's his skill that is being atributed with the balance, not the profs. While, in GENERAL, it's ok to say that skill should play a part, in some cases it throws in too much of a curveball.

Just in the same way we can't base all engineer's success on the success of karst, or all doctors off rmik.

We must strive to look at all active members who belong to the group, to see which profs are well balanced, and which ones are not.

I played most proffesions at 220 and i got a bunch of difrent alts at TL 7s

My view:

OP
    engis, mainly because of their def and their awesome pets (when person knows how to use em).
    doc, cant really run out of nano, got nice dmg atm with pistol+malp. super hard to kill even when fully debuffed on my crat.
    Ranged advs, they got the whole kit, nothin more to say

Balanced :
    Soldiers, Might be the most balanced proff atm, 1 good mode def with a limited time and a long downtime for AO pvp. decent dmg
    Traders (could be some tweaks on their drains),
    Nts ( might beable to hurt low hp ppl to much with a press of a button but overall balanced)
    Enfs, as balanced they can get if their checks on some perks get adjusted.
    Mas well shoot me but i find these very balanced in 1 on 1, just their MA attacks lock nano recharge i would look into.
    melee advs. not as hard alpha as ranged so more balanced, also no 11sec cap attack

Balanced but need some adjustment
    Crat, cant mitgate dmg as every1 get more AR
    Shades,to weak against roots/snares for bein a SD class, could use innate resistance somehow.
    trox keepers, fully setuped can be pain to kill and do, with help of MR, beable to perk kill most ppl that doesnt have high hp or kite like a maniac.
    Agents, might be to dmged by debuffs, but their strong def with NR2/evade+ch makes it a killin machine when not the right proffs on BS.
    MPs, med to high def with best AS wep in game. decent pets and nice debuffs. whats missin? well their only way to heal is weak and outdated. also to few to get a nice view on these,
    Fixers, relies to much on low hp for HOTs, are decent when slug is up. to weak for nukes. Could use some % Hot to make up for it. also got a more reliable FA now.

Those i didnt name breed on could use some more attention even thou soli and nm keeper can be the hardest proff and breed to kill if setuped for it.
    Last edited by Beertrinker; Oct 27th, 2009 at 00:30:19.
    Beertrinker
    Shadyyy
    Bultcratie
    Vaihelvete
    Proud Member of Paradise
    Quote Originally Posted by ithacana View Post
    Beer is like chocolatey secs goodness, how could you doubt him?

I'm going to lock this particular thread, and here is why:

OP prof: X, Y, Z
    Balance prof: M, N, O
    Needs help prof: A, B, C

No contribution to the balance discussion, and generally an invitation to more trolling than anything.

OP prof:
    X - blahblah, reasons, how I would fix it
    Y - blahblah, reasons, how I would fix it
    Z - blahblah, reasons, how I would fix it.

balance prof:
    M - blahblah, reasons, how I would fix it
    N - blahblah, reasons, how I would fix it
    O - blahblah, reasons, how I would fix it

Needs help prof:
    A - blahblah, reasons, how I would fix it
    B - blahblah, reasons, how I would fix it
    C - blahblah, reasons, how I would fix it

Perfectly inside the scope of the forum, however none of these things are really easily boiled down to a single-sentence answer, so for discussion to truly develop beyond the simple, each one of these needs a thread devoted to it separately. And, in fact, they nearly all do.

But just the basic "rank listing" of professions really isn't moving the discussion along constructively. If the developers or Means or Venachar feel this decision is in error and needs to be overridden, you will no doubt find the thread unlocked again.
    Coordinator Anarrina
    Public Forums Moderation Team Lead
    Community Relations Department

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12