Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: [ALL] OTPC: Arrest Warrants Issued in Major Omni-Pol Investigation

And as soon as we see some evidence of his guilt we'd be happy to have the militia give their full assistance in bringing him in. They know the hiding places around here far beter than your troops do. It'd certainly make your job easier.
    Trixie "Tryqz" Rhaiyne, Newland Council Science Minister

This is actually a bit of a political quagmire for both sides…

Several years ago CEO Tarkhan Zora, shortly after his arrival on Rubi-Ka, took an unprecedented step by recognizing the sovereignty of the City of Newland. This act was cemented when the then acting CEO appointed an Ambassador to officially represent Omni-Tek at their council meetings.

The act of acknowledging Newland’s sovereignty via the appointment of an Ambassador grants Newland sweeping freedoms which no other group beside Omni-Tek can exercise on Rubi-Ka. For example; In the case currently at hand you have an accused felon who may at times be found in Newland City. The Advantage right now, while possibly not recognized, is held by Newland because in the time that the Omni-Tek Ambassador was alive there was never any form of extradition treaty ratified between Newland and Omni-Tek. Because of this fact alone Newland is under no Obligation to arrest and begin an extradition process on the accused.

Also, because of Newland Sovereignty Omni-Tek is forbidden from acting inside of Newland even with Offical Omni-Tek Authorization Documentation. Since such a document is representative of the Authority of the ‘powers of Omni-Tek’ it only has bearing on entities that must be subordinate such as other Omni-Tek Departments and Citizens in any non-sovereign territory.

The problem for Newland City is that because the charges in this case are those of terrorism there is a mighty fine line to walk. If Omni-Tek approaches Newland City and their request for extradition is denied this gives Omni-Tek grounds to accuse Newland City of Harboring Terrorists and if any member of the City Council is spotted with the accused charges of Aiding and abetting may also be added. In such a circumstance Omni-Tek may recall their ambassador and sever diplomatic ties with Newland City.

Should the issue not be resolved by the threat of severed diplomatic relations Omni-Tek would have the right to go further such as imposing economic sanctions or even up to an outright Declaration of War on the Sovereignty of Newland; a result none of us want to see.

Sovereignty is a powerful tool for any government to have, but it is one that if not respected, guarded and carefully exercised could bring about the destruction of everything you stand for.

Exercise caution, Newland. This is not the time for egotistical rash judgment.

- An Omni-Tek Envoy
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||Serve Omni-Tek
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT||||||||||||||||||||Join the ROTFLMAO
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTO TOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

War is uneconomical.

For both sides.
    Uni "Unixint80" Idoru, 206/13 Neutral NT Veteran of Shattered Dreams
    What I've Got My Perk Setup My Nuke Setup (All slightly outdated)

FREE BOREALIS!!!

Oh come on, these people probably aren't going anywhere remotely near Newland after this much noise and fuss, so there isn't much for the NLCC to assist OT with.

Last time I asked the BoD for that form was to authorized operate in Newland.... Im not sure where you got your information from Trousers
    The Red Brotherhood

Quote Originally Posted by Trousers View Post
    Also, because of Newland Sovereignty Omni-Tek is forbidden from acting inside of Newland even with Offical Omni-Tek Authorization Documentation. Since such a document is representative of the Authority of the ‘powers of Omni-Tek’ it only has bearing on entities that must be subordinate such as other Omni-Tek Departments and Citizens in any non-sovereign territory.
    Quote Originally Posted by Offical Omni-Tek Authorization Documentation
    officially represents Omni-Tek, hereunder Omni-Pol, Omni-AF, Omni-Admin, Omni-InternOps, Omni-Reform, and the Unicorn Company, in internal and external investigations.
    It would seem to me the important fact here is that it authorises the mentioned groups for External investigations, which would include Newland City.
    Ebondevil - Omni Level 220 Agent on Atlantean, Feel free to contact me any time if you have questions, in game or out.
    Varinox - Omni Level 220 Meta-Physicist on Atlantean
    Yamarra - Omni Level 150 Shade on Atlantean

Feel free to send me any tell in game or a Private Message if you require anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebondevil View Post
    It would seem to me the important fact here is that it authorises the mentioned groups for External investigations, which would include Newland City.
    (( I'm not sure why this is such a difficult topic for you all.

Internal would be things of or Relating to Omni-Tek.

External would be things not related to Omni-Tek (Non-Newland Neutrals and Clans).

Omni-Tek cannot officially authorize action inside of Newland City because it is a Sovereign Government. It's like if France started to Patrol the Streets of England... They're out of their Jurisdiction much the same way Omni-Tek is out of it's jurisdiction in Newland City. ))

Quote Originally Posted by Ms_Idoru View Post
    War is uneconomical.

For both sides.
    Purchase and sell of weapons, drop in unemployment due to more jobs opening up in factories and war fields, war/liberty bonds, acquirement of profitable territories mean nothing to the economy apparently...
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Quote Originally Posted by Trousers View Post
    Internal would be things of or Relating to Omni-Tek.

External would be things not related to Omni-Tek (Non-Newland Neutrals and Clans).

Omni-Tek cannot officially authorize action inside of Newland City because it is a Sovereign Government. It's like if France started to Patrol the Streets of England... They're out of their Jurisdiction much the same way Omni-Tek is out of it's jurisdiction in Newland City. ))
    Well I have to admit I missed that speech by Zora, so any chance you could provide a link to back that up?

((Though I'd more say it was like the CIA operating anywhere in europe, I'm sure they could get authorization from their government to do so without needing permission from the place they were working, it could get messy if they did, but it doesn't mean they are forbidden from working in other sovereign states))
    Ebondevil - Omni Level 220 Agent on Atlantean, Feel free to contact me any time if you have questions, in game or out.
    Varinox - Omni Level 220 Meta-Physicist on Atlantean
    Yamarra - Omni Level 150 Shade on Atlantean

Feel free to send me any tell in game or a Private Message if you require anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebondevil View Post
    Well I have to admit I missed that speech by Zora, so any chance you could provide a link to back that up?

((Though I'd more say it was like the CIA operating anywhere in europe, I'm sure they could get authorization from their government to do so without needing permission from the place they were working, it could get messy if they did, but it doesn't mean they are forbidden from working in other sovereign states))
    ((There was no speech where an Ambassador was sent, it happened at the OAMs which you would need to attend if you wanted to be in the know.

And it is much the same as the CIA operating in Europe. If a CIA agent walked into Spain and went "I'm from the United States Government, I have this paper that says It's cool for me to do whatever I want with wanton disregard to your local laws" there would immediately be an international falling out. That's not to say Clandestine Operations don't occur, they do, but if you're citing a piece of paper the operation is clearly not 'BlackOps'.

Edit: Here is the original post behind the position. Looks like no one from your server may have cared enough to step up to the plate regarding it though.))
    Last edited by Trousers; Oct 29th, 2009 at 20:45:48.

Quote Originally Posted by Saetos View Post
    Purchase and sell of weapons
    Beneficial to third parties selling them, at a cost to the nation purchasing the arms. The money has to come from somewhere.

Drop in unemployment due to more jobs opening up in factories and war fields
    Again, the money has to come from somewhere, if this concept held true, every nation would have abandoned capitalist ideas and become a communist utopia by now, guaranteeing a job for everyone.

war/liberty bonds
    Yet again, the money has to come from somewhere. These things may well act adequately as a form of limiting economic damage, by removing currency from circulation, which can then be used, but all such money eventually needs to be returned to the economy, which limits profits in the aftermath of the war.

acquirement of profitable territories
    In the long term. In the short term the shattered economies of those territories mean they are a massive investment to repair. It can take decades for such acquisitions to become profitable.

It's tragic to see that history is no longer taught in Omni's schools.

Can we please get back on topic, however?

This is not about Newland, rather Omni's wounded pride.
    And their determination to get the people responsible.

So, is there anything more that Omni would be willing to share? I for one am interested in just how much this group got up to under Omni's nose that got them so mad and brought the aforementioned storm of faecal matter down.
    Uni "Unixint80" Idoru, 206/13 Neutral NT Veteran of Shattered Dreams
    What I've Got My Perk Setup My Nuke Setup (All slightly outdated)

FREE BOREALIS!!!

It makes for a certainty degree of sense a neutral citizen such as Mr. Hadrensen would be observed in Newland City, so I'm not sure what the concern around Newland is about? It's also known Mr. Hadrensen has (or well had as the case might be now) a residence in city of Borealis which currently under Omni-Tek control. And as the report stated Mr. Hunter was impersonating a member of Omni-Internops, which would match the reports I've received about him being observed in many Omni cities. I feel in reality there are two people running around that could be just about anywhere, but odds are because of the now high profile put on this case, will turn up nowhere.

I am sure the members of the Newland council will be more then willing to cooperate with those who are officially assigned to this case, and have the proper documentation; however, those that may be running their own investigation in hopes of some type of promotion or recondition will not be giving assistance in this matter, and will be reported to their superiors. I do believe Omni-Tek would not approve of their employees acting out in a way which could harm their image or reputation.

Either way the important thing to remember is crimes have been committed and I'm sure the guilty parties in this matter will have justice brought down upon them.

Beta "Foosball33" Cross
    Foreign Affairs Newland City Council
    I don't PvP becasue my rlpeen is big enough so I don't need to make up for it with my epeen.

"Ahhhhh that was a good dinner. Now it's time to hit the playground and watch the little girls."

You are authorized to operate anywhere with the papers, so your info is wrong, Trousers.
    Omni-Pol have never needed the blessing of clan sympathizers to do their job
    I don't see why people need to drag the newland council into this or need their help.
    The criminals don't even live in Newland
    This is clearly a Omni-Tek matter and amateures like the Newland millitia would only get in the way for well trained employees.
    RK1 - Atlantean
    Lise "Gimpeline" Everwhite - Omni - Level 220/30/70 Martial artist
    Rudolph "Nissemann" Juhl - Omni- Level 220/30/70 Engineer
    Omni-Mining
    Mary "Gimpa" Wormwood 2xx/30/xx Advy R.U.R
    Josephine "Gimpyposer" Dredd 21x/30/70 mp Omni-Pol
    Jarwar 2xx/30/xx Crat Wanderers Sanctuary
    Proud member of Leet Protection Agency

(( Well, I'll sit here and tell you that you're wrong.

I'll just chock this up to difference between RK1 and RK2, because over on Rimor we grasp concepts such as Sovereignty and Diplomacy.

Have fun over there.))

((I dont see the point for being all cocky about it Trousers. maybe we dont share the same opinions about some things and myabe we dont fully understand things like you do. Atleast on RK1 we can talk about it normally.

Have fun over there aswell! ))
    The Red Brotherhood

Also, if they were able to elude Omni's attention for the last...what? Three years? Five? Ten? They are most certainly capable of disappearing until this blows over, if need be.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaupin View Post
    ((I dont see the point for being all cocky about it Trousers. maybe we dont share the same opinions about some things and myabe we dont fully understand things like you do. Atleast on RK1 we can talk about it normally.

Have fun over there aswell! ))
    (( I'm not trying to be Cocky, I'm trying to defend the obvious against contrary claims in public and by you in Private. ))

((There is deffinately a difference between how Newland is percieved on both servers, within the Omni-Tek faction. On RK1 we struggle to get Omni-Tek employee's to comprehend that they are not special in any way as soon as they set foot on Newland soil. It is either that they understand and roleplay they dont, or they simply dont.
    Either way if they step over the line they could break Newland law and face arrest, detention and prosecution in Newland, just like anyone else.))

I somehow doubt that they will ever catch them both. This has just highlighted how much their covers are blown. No one will ever see Joeseph Hadrensen or Khiernan Hunter. Theyre probably off planet already.

(( It is apparent that some plain text has not been absorbed by you, Trousers. Rimor's Newland Ambassador has indeed long been recalled. It was clearly stated by Pourais (played by Tinkerbots' ARK) that Trousers was not the ambassador, nor was there one at the time. A threat to "recall" any present ambassador is thus redundant.

Further, Omni-Tek does not officially recognise Newland City as an independent Sovereign State, merely as a state (lowercase, "A territory considered an organised political community under one government" - Shorter OED).

Evidence of this can be seen for example from the Omni-Tek Affiliate Meeting of December 29481 (2007), where Toog was summoned before the board. The issue of Newland's independence was tentatively suggested, and was immediately derided by Zeiler and others, and Toog even went on to agree that Omni-Tek's laws be followed in Newland, to be enforced by the Millitia.

De facto of course, Newland is its own state, with its own government and its own policies. It would be puerile to assume that such informal agreements carry over to what you equate to be international recognition as a state. ))

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast