Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: [ALL] OTPC: Arrest Warrants Issued in Major Omni-Pol Investigation

Quote Originally Posted by Encyros View Post
    (( It is apparent that some plain text has not been absorbed by you, Trousers. Rimor's Newland Ambassador has indeed long been recalled. It was clearly stated by Pourais (played by Tinkerbots' ARK) that Trousers was not the ambassador, nor was there one at the time. A threat to "recall" any present ambassador is thus redundant.

Further, Omni-Tek does not officially recognise Newland City as an independent Sovereign State, merely as a state (lowercase, "A territory considered an organised political community under one government" - Shorter OED).

Evidence of this can be seen for example from the Omni-Tek Affiliate Meeting of December 29481 (2007), where Toog was summoned before the board. The issue of Newland's independence was tentatively suggested, and was immediately derided by Zeiler and others, and Toog even went on to agree that Omni-Tek's laws be followed in Newland, to be enforced by the Millitia.

De facto of course, Newland is its own state, with its own government and its own policies. It would be puerile to assume that such informal agreements carry over to what you equate to be international recognition as a state. ))
    ((
    Considering I was the Ambassador, and such a recall or dismissal was never conveyed to me In-Character I see no reason as to why Omni-Tek would have recalled their ambassador. Since Trousers was never officially recalled prior to his death I would operate under the impression that the seat is vacant but not recalled, therefore there would still be diplomatic relations with Newland City.

If Newland is a state and not a Sovereign State then Newland is part of a larger government by definition of what a state is. Since there is no larger Neutral Government and by virtue of their Neutrality they are not part of Omni-Tek I fail to see what larger government they belong to. Furthermore, if they were part of the Omni-Tek Government, but simply not Employees of Omni-Tek, Omni-Tek would not be sending Ambassadors to Newland since an Ambassador, by definition, do not Represent the government to subsidiaries of that same government.

While I was not present at this meeting I cannot speak at lengths about it, but it does not seem unreasonable that they would agree that such laws be followed for appeasement’s sake.

Also, I wouldn’t jump to calling it puerile for such an assumption, since as I said, I find it easier to believe that Newland is a Sovereign State then a state based on the way Omni-Tek treated it.

))
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||Serve Omni-Tek
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT||||||||||||||||||||Join the ROTFLMAO
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTO TOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Knock off this bickering, now.
    Coordinator Anarrina
    Public Forums Moderation Team Lead
    Community Relations Department

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123