Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: just a fun tought about fixers.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonbolt View Post
    for example burst could be made scaling for fixers with 3 bullets < 1000 skill, 4 bullets > 1000 skill, 5 bullets > 1500 skill and 6 bullets >2000 skill.
    I like the idea, but your numbers are faaaar off, 6 bullets every 6 seconds is a tad too much...
    Think about every fixer hitting a 10k burst every 6 seconds, while other profs just have their ordinary 3k hits...

Just my 0.002 USD

yeah the numbers wasnt thought thru at all.. was just an idea since most fixers seem to think that the FA boost to fixers was a silly bandaid.
    Moonbolt - 220/26/something. Trox Enf RK1 General of Hells Heroes.
    Renswind - 220/21/67 solitus trader.
    Moonkiss - 219/21/something opifex shade.
    Mooncloud - 150/18/somethin solitus MA.

How about waiting untill they change about, I don't know... Everything?

This is not a flamepost, but as I see fixers doing just about the same damage as an agent, but they have a ball-load more def, I don't feel that fixers should need more bursts...

Maybe capping the burst at 4 or 5 seconds would be better, but that will be overpowered aswell...

Quote Originally Posted by Stinnipeng View Post
    Think about every fixer hitting a 10k burst every 6 seconds, while other profs just have their ordinary 3k hits...
    Burst is 9 seconds. Thanks. None of those other profs have specials either, obviously.

This is not a flamepost, but as I see fixers doing just about the same damage as an agent, but they have a ball-load more def, I don't feel that fixers should need more bursts...
    A Fixer should be doing much better than a damage than an agent in PVM situations, but PVM is not what fixers have been complaining about for months/years.

Maybe capping the burst at 4 or 5 seconds would be better, but that will be overpowered aswell...
    Everyone agrees that Fixers are **** atm, but no one is willing to accept any changes made to Fixer that might make a Fixer dangerous. Old news.

How about waiting untill they change about, I don't know... Everything?
    A valid point, but so far the proposed changes have far more damaging effects to Fixer than positive ones. Not to mention that there is no timetable for their implementation. The new engine was announced in January of 2008 and here we are almost two years later and all we have is a few renderings of heads. Not to play the skeptic or anything here.
    New Engine - Announced: June 2007 ETA: Soon™ I'm speechless (June 2015)
    Rebalancing - Announced: January 2009 ETA: December 21, 2012 Started! (April 2015)
    New TL7 Pets - Announced: March 2009 ETA: Uh...
    AS Changes - Announced: July 2009 ETA: TBA
    Parry/Riposte - Announced: October 2009 ETA: ??? Did it! (April 2015)
    Perk Changes - Announced: October 2009 ETA: Right after server merge Started! (April 2015)
    Breed Change - Announced: November 2009 ETA: Hell freezing They did it!!! (Oct 2012)
    Beta Server - Announced: January 2010 ETA: Pigs Flying Did it! (Feb 2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Stinnipeng View Post
    I like the idea, but your numbers are faaaar off, 6 bullets every 6 seconds is a tad too much...

Just my 0.002 USD
    Well we were at one point supposed to be like the main burst prof, were we not? And soldiers have enough add dmg to get pretty close to 10k bursts from what I've seen.... so still not sure why it would be unbalancing for fixers to be able to pop off 10k-ish bursts when soldiers are already doing it... and they have far higher attack rating than fixers on top of that.

Either way, the general consensus of fixers, at least from what I've seen, is that we'd much rather get boosts in the area of debuffs/support tools rather than getting thrown more and more straightforward dd. That's the whole point, we're supposed to be hackers, not a straightforward pewpew prof like soldiers.
    Kain97 - 220 Fixer, President, Pantheon
    Maskirovka - 220 Shade
    Dominum - 220 Bureaucrat
    Severit - 220 Enforcer
    Sayet - 220 Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Magnificus View Post
    Hacre has a point. Instead of trying to make Burst more like FA, why not focus on something that is unique to fixers, as Questra suggested, cluster bullets. I'm sure some creative things can be done with them.
    maybe those should hit with more bullets as you have more IP in a 'certain' skill (burst, or b&e after hacking them in order to fire one or two more bullets)
    or even increse the range of the bullets? the difference between an endgame fixer and a low level one would be only a few metres.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12