Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TL5 Offense Rankings

Quote Originally Posted by agentwolve View Post
    luckily FC disregard threads like these, how you put traders offense + engis offense so low is beyond me. 2.2kAR and a high perk alpha + AS hard hitting burst ... wtf you smoking dewd
    That's because he's playing a high HP prof. Dunno about engis tho.

Traders don't use 275 silverback. Hell most don't even use a 250. But it's not like damage diff will matter on a trader.
    blah

I think these types of rankings are highly subjective unless one has experience from playing several, or preferably all (lol) profs of TL5 pvp. Those with low hp toons notice different issues than those with high hp toons, for instance. Offensive power is situational depending on your opponent, though certain generalizations can of course be made.

It's a nice effort Noobas but it comes with a certain "I'm the nerfest versus these professions" aroma, unfortunately. At least you did try, though.
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

People put engi offense low because there aren't many good ones at tl5, and it's possible that they didn't encounter any. The same goes for many other profs which arent very popular at tl5, like MPs, crats, shades etc. In fact, those professions can be quite killer if set up and played right, just takes way more effort than making a trox adv/enf and slapping on a SSOS/SoW. So I'd make another ranking here, professions with most offense/defense requiring minimum setup/skills to play. And I wouldn't complain there, things are just as they're supposed to be. Everyone chooses a playstyle for themselves.
    Techno "Calamite" Witch -- 220/22 soli crat
    Hbar -- 220/28 nano NT
    Electropanic -- 170/17 opi NT
    Insanenomore - 174/17 soli engi
    Darksmile -- 220/21 nano enf
    Drifting -- 150/8 nano MP
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    got more, but don't remember their names

Quote Originally Posted by Ciekafsky View Post
    Well for an enf SoW sux hard.
    lol wut?

Quote Originally Posted by Ciekafsky
    Locking it to tl6 would result in noone using it at all.
    and?

TL5 trader is able to use ql 275 silverback with 212-507 (553) dmg.
    possible, but as someone already mentioned, who would want/need to?

TL5 shade is able to use ql 260 piercing evil with 175-425 (425) dmg or SOFC 100 - 660 (100).
    Yes, but shades have very little to work with besides getting these weapons on.

TL5 agent: Gargantua: 10 - 550 (225) or 275 cobra 252-508 (252).
    Gargantua is almost purely an absorb killing setup.
    The best tl5 agents on RK1 only use a 250 rifle because it stays out of OE.

TL5 engi: AMEP 275 - 450 (400) dmg.
    No personal experience with twinked engineers. AFAIK there are none active on RK1.

Most likely ill retwink with dual axes because when im hit with UBT sow doesnt swing anymore and i cant do any dmg.
    So if axes are so much better as you claim, why aren't you dualing them yet?

If SoW gets locked/nerfed people will reset for 1hb with Kyr hammer + blood bat or piercing with PE and kyr hammer and be as good as they were or even better vs cocoon/absorb users.
    bump for unique setups then. I don't think you'll find blood bat as viable though simply because we all know how often Mercs gets raided anymore . Might be a good thing if it happened more though.

Quote Originally Posted by Calamite View Post
    People put engi offense low because there aren't many good ones at tl5, and it's possible that they didn't encounter any. The same goes for many other profs which arent very popular at tl5, like MPs, crats, shades etc. In fact, those professions can be quite killer if set up and played right, just takes way more effort than making a trox adv/enf and slapping on a SSOS/SoW.
    I was thinking the same thing Calamite. There's at least 1 good crat and 1 good MP on RK1 that used to drive me nuts. They're twinked pretty hard as well, but it shows that the setups are viable if done/played correctly. But as you said, who wants to work hard when you can farm/buy SSOS/SOW and slap it on?
    Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    I think you're wrong. I think AO is the most balanced MOBA out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Kopecz View Post
    No personal experience with twinked engineers. AFAIK there are none active on RK1.
    Tuxxia and Makeshiz are active, although Makeshiz just uses his whinebot skillz
    RK1
    "Send Pics Plz". Meta-Wha? Noodz plz. 83/8.
    "Eye Makeshiz Foryou". Pimpin' Eng Of Doom. he's the SHIZ. 174/18.
    "Jack Grafter Torrence". I Like To Boom Boom Booooom. 220/zomg. AI30! .

RK2
    "Perk Grafter Reset". 216/22. RK2's Retired Bukkake Doc. idle since 2007.
    "Perk Graftor Reset". 142/15. RK2's Retired Pvp Doc idle since 2006

Quote Originally Posted by Ciekafsky View Post
    So what? My AR on enf should be "OMFGLOLOLOLNERFITITSOVER9000!!!11!" but to have it in fact id need to have every single possible aao/1he item and SL weapon line perked that i simply dont have and use because i dont enjoy beeing alphakilled by agents and pawned by greeny solds so its not even 1,9k and will be even lower in close future. But it is possible for me to have over 2k ar and it is possible for an agent to have such a high ql rifle.
    I can't use SL wep line on keeper either.

If SOW swings so slow, and isn't that great, why does every enf use it?

I have an 150 enf dueling chirops, and truth be told, I murder other enforcers.. alligned dmg and plenty of add rad dmg and they fall quickly.

Now, on keeper, I can't use chirops, and I can't use Sow, nor do I want too, since my AR would be miserable. But, Because we lack SA, (and don't say that wrath makes up for it, since, the whole point of SA is that it lands on evaders, and wrath doesn't), we lack the killing power in an alpha.

Anyway, all this talk of engies is cool and all, but, if they are such hot stuff, why aren't there any?

And if MP's are so good and all, if twinked proper, where are they?

And @ cief: I haven't seen any of those profs using those high end weps as you claim.

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    I can't use SL wep line on keeper either.

If SOW swings so slow, and isn't that great, why does every enf use it?

I have an 150 enf dueling chirops, and truth be told, I murder other enforcers.. alligned dmg and plenty of add rad dmg and they fall quickly.

Now, on keeper, I can't use chirops, and I can't use Sow, nor do I want too, since my AR would be miserable. But, Because we lack SA, (and don't say that wrath makes up for it, since, the whole point of SA is that it lands on evaders, and wrath doesn't), we lack the killing power in an alpha.

Anyway, all this talk of engies is cool and all, but, if they are such hot stuff, why aren't there any?

And @ cief: I haven't seen any of those profs using those high end weps as you claim.
    Every enf DOESN'T user SoW + Kyr. The best ones (on RK1 at least) use 2 x Kyr axes.

Engies are hot stuff, but the twink to make aMEP is a hard one, in fact so hard that most can't be bothered with the effort to make an engie twink because other profs are so much easier.
    Field Marshall Jean Luc "Organa" Picard - level 220/20/70 - Setup
    Eternalist Doctor "Stitchiz" Nick - level 220/21/55 - Setup
    Supreme Creator Sally "Orya" Dilox - level 220/20/64 - Setup
    Don Sonny "Protexxor" Fresh - level 200/26/58 - Setup
    Techno-Mage Galileo "Aryuna" Galilei - level 170/17/42 - Setup

Quote Originally Posted by Organa View Post
    Every enf DOESN'T user SoW + Kyr. The best ones (on RK1 at least) use 2 x Kyr axes.

Engies are hot stuff, but the twink to make aMEP is a hard one, in fact so hard that most can't be bothered with the effort to make an engie twink because other profs are so much easier.
    really? On RK2 every pvp enf uses SOW +kyr, which is beyond me why, since it's a total fail vs. coon/absorb classes.

I'm going to make a new list of the easiest to build twinks, and why they are Relatively OP'd.

You make too many lists.
    New Engine - Announced: June 2007 ETA: Soon™ I'm speechless (June 2015)
    Rebalancing - Announced: January 2009 ETA: December 21, 2012 Started! (April 2015)
    New TL7 Pets - Announced: March 2009 ETA: Uh...
    AS Changes - Announced: July 2009 ETA: TBA
    Parry/Riposte - Announced: October 2009 ETA: ??? Did it! (April 2015)
    Perk Changes - Announced: October 2009 ETA: Right after server merge Started! (April 2015)
    Breed Change - Announced: November 2009 ETA: Hell freezing They did it!!! (Oct 2012)
    Beta Server - Announced: January 2010 ETA: Pigs Flying Did it! (Feb 2014)

I love doing calcs and comparing stuff.

You should see what I do for a living.

bump for unique setups then. I don't think you'll find blood bat as viable though simply because we all know how often Mercs gets raided anymore . Might be a good thing if it happened more though.
    SoW + chriop/kyr axe already is unique setup and it works ok for most people thats why its so common. It is also the best overall pvm setup for axp grind due to huge crits. But there are more possible setups: dual kyr axes, 1hb with kyr ammer+blood bat, piercing/1hb, pure 2he (more like leveling stuff but those ofab wolfs hurt other enforcers), pure piercing (there was one enf who used it on rk2). Complaining that enfs use 1he mainly with SoW is like complaining that solds use pere/nova/ts gun or agents use pere sniper. Everyone just wants to use whats the best. And yes, SoW aint wunderwaffe in every situation. It works good only vs high hp/low evade people like docs or agents. Vs everyone else it sucks. As a tl5 enf you wont cap its recharge on full def even with rage+rage proc runing and you are not going to crit any half decent twink without crit setup that noone uses because it nerfs your AR and makes your speed sucky even more.

So if axes are so much better as you claim, why aren't you dualing them yet?
    I am.
    Last edited by Ciekafsky; Oct 28th, 2009 at 09:43:20.
    Asasello, Sottcapo, Ciex, Rychu, Ciek, Zomowiec, Ciekafsky, Rysiek, Chinaski, Libertarian, Propertarian.

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post

Can't say about crats and MPs but as for engi:

It took me 2 months to farm parts for 2 pistols. Full set of arithmetic + **** load of expensive TS gear that I was lucky to borrow from a friend. Full set of css to equip infused pistol. Several days to figure out how to get missing 50ish points of trade skills and find/buy/roll the missing items. At least alien level 15 before any twinking. 4 or 5 full perk resets in one day (god bless the PR NPC) to make the AMEP *after* equipping the infused pistol. IP reset after making it. Then equip and pwn. So tl5 engi takes WAY more time and money than any other profession at tl5 I'd say. But it's worth it. I imagine there weren't any amep engies before the PR NPC was introduced because those resets would take months upon months.
    Techno "Calamite" Witch -- 220/22 soli crat
    Hbar -- 220/28 nano NT
    Electropanic -- 170/17 opi NT
    Insanenomore - 174/17 soli engi
    Darksmile -- 220/21 nano enf
    Drifting -- 150/8 nano MP
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    got more, but don't remember their names

Well, despite the difficulty in twinking, I think you don't see engis because the offensive toolset that is traditionally used for PVM is completely useless in PVP. That being pets. Sure, you can setup your engi to be some alpha master profession wiht AMEP/craphander ... that doesn't mean as a whole, engis are a good profession in TL5 PVP. In fact, I would say having to build your engi in this specific way just shows how bad engis really are. It's not the prof that is good, it's a specific collection of equipment, weapons and perks.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12