Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Nerf Ranged Advies

Quote Originally Posted by Hacre View Post
    Ranged Advies benefited -big- time from a fix that (I hope) was meant for Support type pistol wielding professions, like Docs/Crats.
    In a similar kinda setup, a crat has almost 70 more AR than a ranged adv on pistols.

And that's with the adv using off3 instead VE.
    Last edited by Racatti; Oct 26th, 2009 at 18:25:15.
    Fixer - Solja Lite
    Adv - Forgotten lubchild
    Trader - Nerfed Professional

Quote Originally Posted by Racatti View Post
    In a similar kinda setup, a crat has 40 more AR than a ranged adv on pistols.

..and adv has 5 times the survivability of a crat
    ..and more AS skill without VE than crat with VE, lots of addamage
    220 Shade | 220 NT | 220 Crat | 220 Fixer | 220 Agent | 165 Adv

Ranged advs have one of the best offenses AND best defenses ingame. Personally, I would like to see their defenses greatly nerfed, and let them have their offenses.

Prouver que j'ai raison serait accorder que je puisse avoir tort.

Quote Originally Posted by Graftmage View Post
    ..and adv has 5 times the survivability of a crat
    ..and more AS skill without VE than crat with VE, lots of addamage
    That wasn't his point.

And quite ironically, crat has one of the best chances to gank a ranged adv.
    Fixer - Solja Lite
    Adv - Forgotten lubchild

i agree with sterva on this one... i would much rather see advs loose acrobat then any of their offence.
    Moonbolt - 220/26/something. Trox Enf RK1 General of Hells Heroes.
    Renswind - 220/21/67 solitus trader.
    Moonkiss - 219/21/something opifex shade.
    Mooncloud - 150/18/somethin solitus MA.

In a similar kinda setup, a crat has 40 more AR than a ranged adv on pistols.

Yes, you of all people shouldn't need to be told about "the bigger picture".

The ranged adv in a similar kinda setup, has a far better AS than the Crat, 100% more healing than the Crat, 100% more absorbs, a hell of a lot more runspeed and a hell of a lot more root resistance. Oh and a hell of a lot more HP.

The perks, on their own, aren't so bad. It's when they're combined with the defenses a ranged adventurer is capable of, they're an issue. Like I said, Ranged Advs needed attention, yes, but to go from the sublime to the ridiculous?

That wasn't his point.
    Yes it was, while I might have been off the mark with a Ranged Adventurer's attack rating, my point is the combination of that offense, with the defenses.

It's like my NT suddenly getting Acro, Coon and some decent healing.
    Last edited by Hacre; Oct 26th, 2009 at 18:29:03.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

Yes, you of all people shouldn't need to be told about "the bigger picture".

The ranged adv in a similar kinda setup, has a far better AS than the Crat, 100% more healing than the Crat, 100% more absorbs, a hell of a lot more runspeed and a hell of a lot more root resistance. Oh and a hell of a lot more HP.

The perks, on their own, aren't so bad. It's when they're combined with the defenses a ranged adventurer is capable of, they're an issue. Like I said, Ranged Advs needed attention, yes, but to go from the sublime to the ridiculous?

Yes it was, while I might have been off the mark with a Ranged Adventurer's attack rating, my point is the combination of that offense, with the defenses.

It's like my NT suddenly getting Acro, Coon and some decent healing.
    That still wasn't your point, and I can argue advs are pistol wielding support type profs as well, having only heals to assist your comrades with.

However, I won't say they are not ridiculous atm, which is acknowledged by Means as well, and will prolly adjust itself with the changes to come.

But that's when ppl will start crying about melee advs again, so not much will change.

{Removed by Anarrina}
    Last edited by Anarrina; Oct 27th, 2009 at 01:09:15.
    Fixer - Solja Lite
    Adv - Forgotten lubchild

That still wasn't your point, and I can argue advs are pistol wielding support type profs as well, having only heals to assist your comrades with.

However, I won't say they are not ridiculous atm, which is acknowledged by Means as well, and will prolly adjust itself with the changes to come.

But that's when ppl will start crying about melee advs again, so not much will change.

{removed}
    Ah, leaning on the crutch that is "Support" when I mentioned "Support type pistol wielding professions".

Ok. I'll spell it out.

Ranged Adventurers benefited from a fix that (I hope) was intended to boost Crats and Docs so that they weren't running around with shoehorned bows in their setups and so that they wouldn't need to switch around equipment to be effective in both PvM and PvP.

I'll even include the part you completely ignored, again:

Pistol Mastery should have been cut from the Group tab, pasted onto the Adventurer Profession tab, kept the changes to the perks but put the def checks to 100%.

Now I'll connect the dots:

Because that kind of offense, shouldn't be coupled with the defenses a Ranged Adventurer is capable of.

All better?
    Last edited by Anarrina; Oct 27th, 2009 at 01:10:07.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

Ranged Adventurers benefited from a fix that (I hope) was intended to boost Crats and Docs so that they weren't running around with shoehorned bows in their setups and so that they wouldn't need to switch around equipment to be effective in both PvM and PvP.
    Somehow, I doubt the goal of 80% perks were to make crats a ganking-prof either.
    Fixer - Solja Lite
    Adv - Forgotten lubchild

Somehow, I doubt the goal of 80% perks were to make crats a ganking-prof either.
    They're not. There's only one Crat on RK1 so far that's managed to kill me, or come even close to killing me and it's the guy you're telling that he isn't as good as he thinks he is.

I've run into plenty that have pistols, that don't live even remotely long enough to "gank" me. They hurt, sure. But that Pistol alpha alone isn't enough to out and out gank anyone with a clue. It gave Crats a decent offensive without relying on the horrible crutch that was various bows or epic fail special smashing stun proccyness.

Now ask me how I do against a Ranged Advy that I can't root, if NBS isn't up?

Unless you're proposing they rely on Living Embalming landing and live through the recharge.
    Member of Spartans
    Genius at work.

And quite ironically, crat has one of the best chances to gank a ranged adv.
    You mean... When his DoF, limber, BioR and coon are down. Ah, wait. You mean - never.

I'm hereby to inform you, that any crat with at least 150 towers can perk any adv thru limber.

Might also add, that they are pretty prone to stuns and completely defenseless vs fears.
    Last edited by Racatti; Oct 26th, 2009 at 20:35:07.
    Fixer - Solja Lite
    Adv - Forgotten lubchild

I'm hereby to inform you, that any crat with at least 150 towers can perk any adv thru limber.

Might also add, that they are pretty prone to stuns and completely defenseless vs fears.
    If only fears stopped advs from using BioR, coon and DoF/limber.

Maybe you didn't get it the first time: limber won't stop a crat from perking an adv.

Especially not if they die before they get a chance to react.
    Last edited by Racatti; Oct 26th, 2009 at 21:12:31.
    Fixer - Solja Lite
    Adv - Forgotten lubchild

They die before they get a chance to react.
    Oukay. I can't beat that.

By your topic I'd say you've already negated any support you may have gathered from the community at large. Nobody likes nerfs.

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    and then you add insult to injury, with the stupid AS pistol.
    Not all Adventurers are happy with the Aimed Shot pistol as a solution to our woes either. Aimed Shot was a terrible "fix" to our offense issues in PvP.

Keep in mind that the only offense Adventurers have (beyond our nemesis nanos) are DD perks and our weapons. Before our perks were improved, they were pretty much useless. Our strongest special skill wise is Fling Shot. Burst and Full Auto are dark blue skills to us and have minimal support from our equipment.

Aimed Shot needs to be balanced/fixed/overhauled/removed across the board before any progress can be made in balancing the professions.
    Glarawyn L220 OT Adventurer
    It's good to be furry.
    ----
    Lilredhot L220 OT Enforcer
    Don't mind me, I tank without a helmet.
    ----
    Gunslinger19 L150 OT Soldier
    There's a word for people who think everyone's out to get them: perceptive.

Wow, talk about manning a burning ship to the last.

My crat would have less than 3,100 AR with a 150 tower.

A good ranged adv should have around 2,300-2,400 dodge and around 1,100 AAD. That means with limber up, it's at around 2,550 dodge + 1,100 AAD = ~3,650 defense, of which, only the dodge is effected by the 80% check.

.8*2550 = 2040 + 1100 = 3,140 def, safely far above what "any crat with at least 150 towers can perk."

With full 300 towers, it would be a very close call, and I might be able to do it if the adv is more offensively setup, however, most advs should be able to make enough adjustments to remain unperkable even by an endgame crat with top towers.

{edited by Anarrina: removed personal insult} even if crats could perk advs easily, advs still have more than enough extra defense to survive a crat's string of perks.
    Last edited by Anarrina; Oct 27th, 2009 at 01:01:54.

Prouver que j'ai raison serait accorder que je puisse avoir tort.

just wondering here sterva are u sure that the formula fr % checks are calced before AAD not after?
    Moonbolt - 220/26/something. Trox Enf RK1 General of Hells Heroes.
    Renswind - 220/21/67 solitus trader.
    Moonkiss - 219/21/something opifex shade.
    Mooncloud - 150/18/somethin solitus MA.

I was a ranged advy and i switched to melee. I eat Ranged advys for breakfast.

Dual crispys crush an advy using jobe pistols. 100% of the time.

I dualed an Advy 10 levels higher than me and he had absolutely no chance of winning. After the FA was over he lasted about 15 seconds. 2 remaches made no difference.

Sneakk attack, Backstab, shadow strike, flay, fast attack and nano feast.

Its over before the thing gets started cocoon or no.

btw there is more to the game than Tl5 and TL7

You guys that are always screaming for "nerfing" never think about that.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast