Thread: [RK1] IRRK Freelance: Rogue nodes?

Independent Reporters of Rubi-Ka Editor: IRRK's Avatar

[RK1] IRRK Freelance: Rogue nodes?

Rogue nodes?
    October 24, 29483 - Miss Lucetta Phoenix [Atlantean]

IRRK Freelance - Several unusual nodes began appearing in the Grid earlier this week, broadcasting interesting views. However Omni-Com does not approve.

I decided to speak with Omni-Com's director, Lani Wannja, after witnessing several nodes exhibiting unusual and intriguing behaviour in the Grid. Apparently, according to Omni-Com, an error had occurred in the Grid itself, causing a program (often called nodes) to enter into the system. This "node" replicated, producing several other nodes that all originated from the same program, some with a form of artificial intelligence. This sounded very much like a virus to me, and a virus in the Grid could have turned out to be very problematic.

The nodes themselves have been reported to access public frequencies such as Channel42 and broadcast to the listeners statements and information against the current Omni-Tek leadership. I have a little hunch here that due to the broadcasts only apparently being against the current leadership of the corporation and not the corporation as a whole, this could have been arranged by employees supporting Philip Ross' previous rule and opposing the new Rubi-Ka CEO, Tarkhan Zora, but this is yet to be proved.

Miss Wannja assured me that they had the situation under control and that the programs in the Grid were a one-off occurrence, but she didn't give much information in support of that due to it being an ongoing investigation.

What do you think about the rogue nodes? Are they illegal, employee arranged protests, or simply clan hackers trying to expose secrets? Will the nodes develop into a virus, or has Omni-Com secured this apparent threat?

I wonder when IRRk comes up with some real reporters who seek out stuff and come with facts before they post all kinds of stuff they think or have hunches about. If i wanted gossip I would have taken a prescription on Chit-chat...
    The Red Brotherhood

You can help it but get su****ious when the message is that specific. Against Omni tek in general, okay, but disinformation aside, when it target our "great" friend Mr Zora you can't help it but suspect more then clan actions.

Now to get fact about something as sensitive as the grid, good luck.
    Last edited by Boltgun; Oct 25th, 2009 at 15:33:24.
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S