Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Enfs need new toys

Originally posted by Sheilabeela
    I've been using the byom/rider combination (the same weapons) for months (since Byoms were added). At level 173 I have no reasonable expectation that this will change between now and lvl 200. That will mean I'll be using that exact same weapons for over 50 levels. How much fun is that?
    Darn. Well, you know, at level 200 you'll have been hitting things for 200 levels. How much fun is *that*?

Originally posted by Shubalubdub
    Darn. Well, you know, at level 200 you'll have been hitting things for 200 levels. How much fun is *that*?
    Har har! Shhhh don't remind anyone...
    Enri - Adventurer
    Paxton - Bureaucrat
    Proud Member of Clan Anarchist Syndicate

START SEEING the difference between a player and game designer

Forum Education!

Enf buffs

Im sure Enf weapons would be good to have, god knows I want a cool Enf blade no other prof canhave, or a fast attacking blunt weapon would be cool like a staffed hammer ax weapon. But what enforcers need above all else is buffs so we can even get the weapons on. 1H and 2H edged, Piercing and Heavy Weapons buffs. Some type of self healling buff would be good as well. We got Mongo that heals a little in battle but small health buff would still be nice.
    And enforces do not have the largest amount of profession toys, Advents or MAs do.

1. Fix Engies. This profession is really hurting. Fix 'em now.

2. Fix Soldiers. Soldiers should have a bigger advantage over other classes that use the Soldier-type weapons. They need love, but even you Soldiers should admit that Engies are worse off.

3. Fix NT's. okay, this is mainly to stop their whining I have all my battle spam turned on; I see your damage from nukes and your weapons, and compare it to mine. NT's do MASSIVE damage, then complain that they get more aggro than they should(kinda like Agents who do a 4.5-5K AS, or higher, then scream "get it off me!"). Well, duh. However, the NCU consumption on *both* NT and Enforcer Layers is too high. Reduce NCU consumption proportionally for both classes. Sorry NT's, but you're not as gimped as you think, especially now that NS1/2 is becoming more common. However, some tweaking could be in order, yes.

Enforcers......hmmm, we're not really hurting, just more or less stagnant. The new stuff just introduced is the first attention Enforcers gave gotten since............hmmmm. This new Enhanced Queen Blade looks especially intriguing to me, and thank you for that FC. I just hope I can get my hands on a DMM sometime within about the next *month or two*, then hope I have the IP to spend on Tradeskills to modify my own weapon(because it's Nodrop). But then, same goes for the new Soldier gun, except that their item seems to drop a lot more frequently.

Assault-Class Tank Armor.....should lock the actual *item*, and not a skill. Just like(last I knew...could be wrong, though) you can use multiple Notum Focus tattoos, if I put in the hours of camping necessary to acquire another Tank, I should be able to use it. Something to think about. And no, I don't expect it to change.

As far as new toys for Enforcers.........well, I don't really know what to suggest. But we really do need 1hE/2hE/Piercing/Melee Energy/Heavy Weapons/Multi Melee buffs. The only viable 1hE weapons for Enforcers(since SOL's are Adv-only) have 67/33 split requirements, giving me a horrendously low Attack Rating. Many Soldier weapons suffer the same curse. Lighten Heavy Weapons from dark blue, at least to *some* extent. As I understand it, many of the viable Soldier weapons use HW too........lighten theirs as well.

If HW were lightened, and Edged buffs instituted, Edged could then be an equally viable alternative to Blunt(although still more expensive IP-wise, in most cases). To be honest, Edged buffs won't help me a whole lot at this stage in my char's career; a bit higher AR will just mean I'll miss a little less. This is mainly to provide new Enforcers with more viable options when starting out, rather than finding out much later that they made a mistake and wasting IPR's. End result? More variety, fewer people who look EXACTLY THE SAME running around; that can't be a bad thing now, can it? And as this is mainly to help lower-level Enforcers DO NOT MAKE THE BUFFS LEVEL BASED.

Oh, I almost forgot.......MAKE 2hB GREEN! Kinda a no-brainer, there.
    Last edited by Nealandbob; Oct 13th, 2002 at 14:25:33.
    Nealandbob Headbasher Burninsword-RK1
    Deathfyst Tonofbricks -RK2
    Tonofbricks Nealandbob -RK Test embracing my inner Brat
    Finally back from Iraq
    Enforcers ONLY vote here!
    WoW-Pahani, Skywall/Horde and Barthilas/Horde
    "A good Enforcer dies a lot"-Deng
    "FC didn't create Enforcers, Deng did" -Tza

Tank

Hey U stupid Tank, get that ****** Marauder off me !!!

Tank : I'm trying, but i can't hit it ...

To the optimist, the glass is half full.
    To the pessimist, the glass is half empty.

To the engineer,
    the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Yes, check out : http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...threadid=58288

You can see it now, Equip edge of tarasque, with challenger, oh yes and wait for the 20/40second recharge , just like tms before you can change weapons, and...fast attack! (or brawl) then equip a lead pipe and native staff, then switch to a mantis, okay i will stop now

neilandbob has the largest collection of assault tank known to man, he knows as well as anyone else he would be in GOD mode if it only locked the item.

cant nock him for trying though hehe
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

Originally posted by Yazule
    neilandbob has the largest collection of assault tank known to man, he knows as well as anyone else he would be in GOD mode if it only locked the item.

cant nock him for trying though hehe
    Sufferin' succotash!!! Blackballed again...............hehe
    Nealandbob Headbasher Burninsword-RK1
    Deathfyst Tonofbricks -RK2
    Tonofbricks Nealandbob -RK Test embracing my inner Brat
    Finally back from Iraq
    Enforcers ONLY vote here!
    WoW-Pahani, Skywall/Horde and Barthilas/Horde
    "A good Enforcer dies a lot"-Deng
    "FC didn't create Enforcers, Deng did" -Tza

nieth is retired, way too little to do, i don't even hafta tank anymore, playing alts, cuz the game is somewhat challenging sort of maybe at lower lvls....kinda.....
    The bird of paradise alights only upon the hand that does not grasp

The original Goddess of Stabbitty Death

Honestly people...

I think all the classes deserve new "toys" to play with.

As of late, the Martial Artist, Fixer and Soldier have gotten some decent toys. Maybe not great on some aspects but more than others.

And I'm not talking about QL200 toys that only the big "boys" will get to play with either. I'm sure I could list off them but I really don't want to.

Mostly everyone that is complaining has a right to. But I don't think you are as bad off as you think. I use Stun-Batons and I'm happy. It's different and I don't really see that big of a difference over a 100% skill weapon like the True Katana or a "dual" weapon like my Stun-Batons. Sure the attack is lower and that translates into lower damage, but for me, the Enforcer is not a damage class...it's aggro. If I can do enough damage to hold it and keep my friends alive...I'm happy.

Enforcers have been complaining about a variety of buffs for a long time...and it's nice we'll be getting something soon. But I'm not going to rest until everyone gets something to improve themselves. I would have really liked to see taunts fixed over a weapon buff but that is just me. I mutter to myself everytime I slap my taunt only to get smacked back from a damage shield and/or reflect shield. I want to see Doctors, NTs, Engies, Crats and everyone else get what they deserve. Everyone does their part in the team...no one is useless...even though people tell me I am for using Stun-Batons.

I'm not bashing people's choice for using a beam or the pipe/native staff combination. I just won't ever use it. I think it's barbaric. And I'm doing fine without using it. And yeah...maybe it is more "effective"...but most everyone I meet shuts up when I can keep them alive.

Who knows...maybe one day people might even respect me...but I kinda doubt that.

*raises a drink to Funcom and everyone else* Here's to everyone getting what they need and soon...
    Sex. We all want it, so don't deny it.

isi "Rharia" Lust

Originally posted by Rhina
    ... the Enforcer is not a damage class...it's aggro.
    absolutely. what part of `bloodsponge' or `meatshield' or any other silly metaphor implies that enforcers must be the kings of damage? boo frickin hoo you only crit for 7k with your beam. your only job as a tank is to soak up bullets and bleed for me. what needs to be fixed is your ability to rip agro from the doc, from the nanotech, from the trader, fixer, meta, crat whatever. as a virtue of their choice in profession rather than a choice in their weapon, enforcers should have some sort of built-in tanking ability.
    solution: fix taunt.
    a self-proclaimed `gimpy' enforcer friend of mine uses a single byom blade, and she makes me ashamed of my damage output even though i use the `best' weapon for my class. did i mention i have 1060 attack rating? did i mention the enforcer in question is a dozen or more levels below me? did i mention she can't rip agro from me with her taunts? there's a problem here, folks, and it sure as hell isn't your ability to `hit this thing with this other thing'.

*raises a drink to Funcom and everyone else* Here's to everyone getting what they need and soon...
    i concur. here's to everyone getting what they need. whether it be a love patch or a swift kick in the ass to open their eyes.

As it looks right now on test, enforcers are the profession that is getting the most new profession spesific "stuff". 21 new nanos and a bunch of new wepons.

http://v020u46eff.maximumasp.com/AODB/search.asp
    Andvord, 220 Adv (retired)
    Knekt, 220/30/70 Keep (retired)
    Haavarst, 220/23 Crat
    Delifix 217 Fix
    Delivio 215 Shade
    Dilek 174 Doc
    Delisol 165 Sol
    Clown 126 Trader TL4 twink project
    Hannibal 22 Enf

Wow...

It's very nice to see that others know what it took me almost 5 months to figure out. I was in a depression for so long because I wasn't doing the damage of MAs and was extremely bitter. Now I do know criticals factor somehow into the aggro formula, I just don't know how...he heh.

Looking at all the new planned things...I'm very excited. I only hope these aren't "uber"-type items that drop off QL300 mobs or whatever like the bloodbat/mace. Or that I need a 3 full teams...I'm sure you know what I mean...

Maybe now we'll have more brothers and sisters out on the field wanting to get beat like I do!!
    Sex. We all want it, so don't deny it.

isi "Rharia" Lust

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12