Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - October 23rd, 2009 - Perpective and Party

Quote Originally Posted by Trousers View Post
    I'm still waiting for a logical explanation of how the people of Borealis are repressed.
    Because there's that Placard that says so. Silly RPers.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

Quote Originally Posted by Rustinel View Post
    Its a pink padded room for those who think they are Speshul
    Ohh!! that sounds like that's for me!!
    Cathryn "Vallikat" Thompon

Your queen of muffiny goodness!
    Director - Gridstream Productions --->Tune In Here

Member, GSP Dancers

Gunney: Lissunin ta GSP mayukz me wanna play... wut bettah reezun duz enee wun need?

Quote Originally Posted by SultryVoltron View Post
    Because there's that Placard that says so. Silly RPers.
    And if a Placard went into game saying that 'Notrals r Dum' would that also be true then?

Not everything written on an placard is true...
    Ebondevil - Omni Level 220 Agent on Atlantean, Feel free to contact me any time if you have questions, in game or out.
    Varinox - Omni Level 220 Meta-Physicist on Atlantean
    Yamarra - Omni Level 150 Shade on Atlantean

Feel free to send me any tell in game or a Private Message if you require anything.

Quote Originally Posted by vallikat View Post
    Ohh!! that sounds like that's for me!!
    Geuss I'll see you in there shortly then!

Probably on Scar rather than Rust, he is more 'Smelly Cat' than Catgurl...
    210/18 Solitus Ranged Advy RUSTINEL * GARRZ Soldier Solitus 166/21
    145/18 Solitus Engineer DROIDAGE * AVYLORAN Keeper Solitus 161/14
    97/10 Solitus Metaphysicist MEHFIS * ZHERE Nanotech Nanomage 85/9
    Operator SCARCITY Fixer Opifex 49/5 Only TL2 Fixer solo title 7, all servers
    The Smuggler's Tale
    New Beginnings

Advisor of Shattered Dreams and Lumen Orien

Co-founder of Lumen Orien

Quote Originally Posted by Ebondevil View Post
    And if a Placard went into game saying that 'Notrals r Dum' would that also be true then?

Not everything written on an placard is true...
    No U!

That one is
    The Smuggler's Tale
    New Beginnings

RE: The Grind

No restrooms....>.<

Think I'll stick to the 4th glass floor...the lower ones might get a bit slippery...

Any cute opis wanting restrooms can use the one in my apartment, its close by.
    The Smuggler's Tale
    New Beginnings

I has arrived.

Now it is a party!
    Cathryn "Vallikat" Thompon

Your queen of muffiny goodness!
    Director - Gridstream Productions --->Tune In Here

Member, GSP Dancers

Gunney: Lissunin ta GSP mayukz me wanna play... wut bettah reezun duz enee wun need?

Wow is that all? was hoping for more info on balancing issues ect.

club looks great!

so how bout filling up the open professional spots?

Greetings,

Ellarisa
    Darkellarisa 220/30/70 Engineer equipment pvp // Alien Deaths: 353
    Crazyella 220/30/70 MP equipment // Alien Deaths: 90
    Stabbingella 220/28/67 Shade equipment // Alien Deaths: 45
    Farming alien deaths since 2006!

Quote Originally Posted by Solidstriker View Post
    And Ella said, "Let there be robots," and there were robots. Ella saw that the robots were good, and he separated the light from the dark. Ella called the light "Slayerdroids," and the dark he called "Gladiatorbots." And there was Automations, and there was Warmachines- the second day.

Quote Originally Posted by tiralee View Post
    I'm babysitting for my grandson tonight, and I didn't think that "But, but, The Grind is having its big opening party tonight!" would be very well received as an excuse.
    I know the feeling, my family is bugging me to do stuff tonight too
    Enter the Information Age
    Proc Descriptions

Hunt, and be hunted: The Hunting Grounds | Alien Tower Field :Aliens, that really invade!
    Pet argo management: Servants Protection | Expand the Notum Silo :Make it worthwhile

Rimor
    Tesgri - 220|17|58 (Omni Agent)
    Leara - 220|25|62 (Omni Doctor)
    Ponygirl - 220|25|56 (Omni Bureaucrat)
    Means: "We have done way dumber things than this..."

mmmmm, cake-flavored nanobots!

Having been to every official Funcom sponsored party since 2005, I feel the need to admit that I miss the "good old days" when Funcom gave out prizes that could not be aquired in a tower field in less than 15 minutes or a couple blitzed missions from a Frankenleet or Draculeet.

While the occasional halloween decals, tertium quid, pumpkin basket or christmas gift are nice, it is a bit of a let down when they are all that is offered & it takes anywhere from 15-60 minutes for them to offer another prize... which ends up being another decal, or some other easily lootable item. What happened to prizes such as lifetime subscriptions, monthly subtime, jobe luxury apartments, leet pets, credits, credits & more credits OR items that are exclusive seasonal items from years past? I know MANY newer players that would love to have great social items of the past that are similar to the hologram burst's lighting effects?

It is to the point now that the privately hosted parties have better prizes & do not require a 200 word essay for something as simple as winning a pumpkinhead decal.

On a side note, I saw that one of the MMO websites already has some video up of the party on RK1.
    Last edited by tazalanche; Oct 24th, 2009 at 00:42:43.
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

Quote Originally Posted by tazalanche View Post
    Having been to every official Funcom sponsored party since 2005, I feel the need to admit that I miss the "good old days" when Funcom gave out prizes that could not be aquired in a tower field in less than 15 minutes or a couple blitzed missions from a Frankenleet or Draculeet.

While the occasional halloween decals, tertium quid, pumpkin basket or christmas gift are nice, it is a bit of a let down when they are all that is offered & it takes anywhere from 15-60 minutes for them to offer another prize... which ends up being another decal, or some other easily lootable item. What happened to prizes such as lifetime subscriptions, monthly subtime, jobe luxury apartments, leet pets, credits, credits & more credits OR items that are exclusive seasonal items from years past? I know MANY newer players that would love to have great social items of the past that are similar to the hologram burst's lighting effects?

It is to the point now that the privately hosted parties have better prizes & do not require a 200 word essay for something as simple as winning a pumpkinhead decal.

On a side note, I saw that one of the MMO websites already has some video up of the party on RK1.
    I agree, something "special" would be nice, there is still a few items they give out, but likely cause of those PPs they aren't handing those cool keys out...
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

aawww sucks that i wasn't able to be there, sitting out in the middle of nowhre with one of those tiny laptops.
    I guess ill take a look at the club tomorrow...

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!

Edit: 56th! (just had to do it)
    “You can't undo anything you've already done, but you can face up to it. You can tell the truth. You can seek forgiveness. And then let fate do the rest.”
    Proud Member of steadfast <3
    Love you guys! <3

The patient is devoid of any signs of life, only some post-mortem twitching of AFK dancers. Patient not responding to CPR. Estimated time of death, 19:15 EST.
    New Engine - Announced: June 2007 ETA: Soon™ I'm speechless (June 2015)
    Rebalancing - Announced: January 2009 ETA: December 21, 2012 Started! (April 2015)
    New TL7 Pets - Announced: March 2009 ETA: Uh...
    AS Changes - Announced: July 2009 ETA: TBA
    Parry/Riposte - Announced: October 2009 ETA: ??? Did it! (April 2015)
    Perk Changes - Announced: October 2009 ETA: Right after server merge Started! (April 2015)
    Breed Change - Announced: November 2009 ETA: Hell freezing They did it!!! (Oct 2012)
    Beta Server - Announced: January 2010 ETA: Pigs Flying Did it! (Feb 2014)

Awesome party!

PS: No wonder Colin couldn't answer, usually he answers me after 1-2mins, I guess he drowned in tell hell, which is why he left soon after he arrived, I feel for him.
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

If you guys aren't at the party...you should be! Thanks to everyone for making this such a fun event.

Happy Halloween!
    full agg on the dance floor? Is that like, forgot to wash under the armpits or something?

I can't believe that the barleet in the VIP Room doesn't give out free or discounted drinks! Isn't that what the Lifetime VIP membership is for?
    ClockDoc(220/30) - proud member of Obsidian Order (recruitment thread)

If you guys aren't at the party...you should be! Thanks to everyone for making this such a fun event.
    Of course I have nothing better to do in friday night than sit in a virtual nightclub and watch people moving loads of pixels with copy-paste dance scripts..
    <Means> I always laugh when I have to type "/get sex" when debugging

[Social] Eponyx: I don't drink, yeah it is true. Can you please get that pink moose of the platform. And park the polkadot elephant to reclaim.

Uaintseenme: This is why i love Test sever so Much.
    I can wake up in the morning and think to my self, "Im going to break AO today" and should i managed to do it, I'll get rewarded for it.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast