Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Friday with Means - October 23rd, 2009 - Perpective and Party

Quote Originally Posted by Ayria View Post
    http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a373/Dyo_K/SLMap.jpg

Take a look at that Funcom, that's the world map of Second Life the game that is, well, socializing. Anyone care to count the green dots? According to statistics there are currently about 64,000 people logged into Second Life at this moment. 64,000 people logging in just to play a game that has no inherent combat system and revolves totally around the idea of talking with others and role playing or doing business (which I seriously doubt counts for any kind of majority amongst the crowd). Walk around in the grid (SLs world) for a while and you'll find that RP/Socializing is 10:1 on business and work related things.

64,000 people are being drawn there to pay LL money just to socialize and play barbie with their avatar. Perhaps, Funcom, you can realize that your players don't want a never ending grind all the time (Something that does appear to be dawning on you somewhat, with the release of The Grind and new social armours by MstrBstrd (did I spell that right?)) and that socializing is just as fun to many people as doing BS (etc) is.
    So second life is the matrix?
    blah

Quote Originally Posted by NoGoal View Post
    So second life is the matrix?
    Where is NEO to save us!
    Quote Originally Posted by tweeeeeek View Post
    and everyone knows solsdiers dont think they just cast ams then roll face in keyboard for maximum efficiency
    Quote Originally Posted by Means
    I would have loved to see 18.0 finish up faster...but some "interesting" ways of playing the game were discovered that slowed the process slightly...in the same way as the pope is slightly Catholic.

Quote Originally Posted by meatybtz View Post
    Where is NEO to save us!
    He can't save us because Sony pulled the plug and now his world is offline.

Quote Originally Posted by SoldiTwo View Post
    He can't save us because Sony pulled the plug and now his world is offline.
    no no no.. this was just another SOE game improvement :P
    If SOE would get their hands on AO.. oh my..
    <Means> I always laugh when I have to type "/get sex" when debugging

[Social] Eponyx: I don't drink, yeah it is true. Can you please get that pink moose of the platform. And park the polkadot elephant to reclaim.

Uaintseenme: This is why i love Test sever so Much.
    I can wake up in the morning and think to my self, "Im going to break AO today" and should i managed to do it, I'll get rewarded for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Haxi View Post
    No need for an apology, just different perspectives. I think the current state of the game is less than healthy, but not actually dying. I have never witnessed AO in a lively state actually. It just kind of cruises along, somehow.

I have seen pix of a thriving AO, but those are all from before my time. It would be very nice to see something like this again:
    http://www.dd.org/~tale/ao/screensho...annc4-full.jpg
    Wow. old OA hill. Funcom really lost one of the best features in the game when they changed it. Was fun hunting the omni poping in and out of the backyards around the hill.

Wow, that takes me back

Great to see Bima's site is still around after all these years. His lengthy description of how to ladder on ql 200 implants is one of the best ever guides on how to twink.
    Sawbones2 220/22 NM Doc, General of Pantheon
    Rootntootm 220/25 Soli Crat
    Rockmsockm 212/19 Trox Enfo
    Swaptioneer 175/13 Opi Tradah
    Sliderule 134/11 Soli Engie

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567