Thread: Zap Nano (NR1 perk)

Zap Nano (NR1 perk)

Attack skills Dimach 100 %

Would it be possible to simply change it to AR? I cant see any reason behind maxing dimach as a ranged character or NT. Is it supposed to work for melee characters only?
    Asasello, Sottcapo, Ciex, Rychu, Ciek, Zomowiec, Ciekafsky, Rysiek, Chinaski, Libertarian, Propertarian.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciekafsky View Post
    Attack skills Dimach 100 %

Would it be possible to simply change it to AR? I cant see any reason behind maxing dimach as a ranged character or NT. Is it supposed to work for melee characters only?
    No, it's supposed to work properly if you raise dimach.

Seriously, are you absolutely sure that you want this perk line to use AR for attack?

Dunno, ive never used it but it looks a bit strange with dimach. What should drive the people away from this perk line are negative modifiers to nano skills, not some exotic attack skills that are used only by melees. I cant afford loosing 200 nano skills on my characters but if anyone can, then why shouldnt he use it? Would it be ok if it had full auto as an attack skill? It could also use NR for both attack skill and def skill, after all this line is all about NR.
    Asasello, Sottcapo, Ciex, Rychu, Ciek, Zomowiec, Ciekafsky, Rysiek, Chinaski, Libertarian, Propertarian.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciekafsky View Post
    Dunno, ive never used it but it looks a bit strange with dimach. What should drive the people away from this perk line are negative modifiers to nano skills, not some exotic attack skills that are used only by melees. I cant afford loosing 200 nano skills on my characters but if anyone can, then why shouldnt he use it? Would it be ok if it had full auto as an attack skill? It could also use NR for both attack skill and def skill, after all this line is all about NR.
    Dimach is some kind of soul attack, and all this line looks to me like it has something to do with soul/spirit or whatnot. So, dunno, seems pretty logical for me to use dimach.

It aint an attack if you cant use it and you cant use it if you use ranged weapons of cybordeck.

Plus, if unstoppable and overpowered attacks are going to lock each other, and dimach is one of them so imho it should lock AS and SA, there will be even less reasons to put IP into dimach.
    Last edited by Ciekafsky; Oct 22nd, 2009 at 08:16:56.

The line needs a revamp, it should be increased in attractiveness. I wonder what people would do if it added -200 nanoskills but suddenly added +200 AAO and AAD.

And yes, Zap Nano should use "Attack Modifier" as well as the other perks in the chain.
    Never in a hurry, I'm just moving fast

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkst44h View Post
    The line needs a revamp, it should be increased in attractiveness. I wonder what people would do if it added -200 nanoskills but suddenly added +200 AAO and AAD.
    Additional AAO maybe, but negative AAD to keep it balanced. If you are getting such resistance to nano attacks (even with significant nano skill debuff) and decent AAO boost, you should become a little more susceptible to "conventional" attacks.

And yes, Zap Nano should use "Attack Modifier" as well as the other perks in the chain.
    Not with such low def check though, or at least not with NR as a def check.

Maybe it was meant to be used best by Martial Artists, who're the "purists" of AO in a sense...
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

I've only seen this land once on me.
    And that was in TL5 BS by a shade...

But anyhow, this is a really nasty perk if it lands on you, therefore I don't think that using AR instead of dimach is the best choice.
    Last edited by Anarrina; Oct 22nd, 2009 at 16:29:33. Reason: removed obscenity

I got this perk resisted twice this week, in hours of BS. And I use it on everyone including fixers. I see absolutely NO problem with Dimach being the check, considering it does land quite often.

(I would advise the trollers to avoid bringing up the fact I'm an MA, not giving any more hint!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brucelee2003 View Post
    If someone thinks he can win by dirty tricks - he totally wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrys View Post
    Damn nazis
    Edit: No Annarina we're not talking about you this time...

I agree that for balance purposes it should be AMS and not dimach. That would allow it to be useful to all professions. The defense check may need to be adjusted after going to AMS but in the end it is not a bad idea.
    Lheann
    President of When I Grow Up

Lhisa - MA - RK1
    MaxKillz - Enf - RK1
    Namaru - Enf - RK1

"If you find yourself loosing a fight, your tatics suck."

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkst44h View Post

What?

So on top of the Nano Resist it provides and a decent debuff for anyone who spent a modicum of IP in Dimach, you're suggesting a not insignificant buff to attack rating and add all def?

I can only hope this is some sort of troll that I've gone and swallowed.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

Quote Originally Posted by Hacre View Post
    What?

So on top of the Nano Resist it provides and a decent debuff for anyone who spent a modicum of IP in Dimach, you're suggesting a not insignificant buff to attack rating and add all def?

I can only hope this is some sort of troll that I've gone and swallowed.
    i dont believe it was a serious suggestion, i think he ment it as a "the line needs a revamp, and needs to be muddled up a bit *insert aad aao comment here*"

Range 5 m

well if u wanna run to within 5m to perk this on some1 as a ranged prof, then sure change the it to AR, im all for getting ranged profs to run towards me rather then away from me. Otherwise it appears to be a perk aimed towards melee classes, mostly all melee profs have dimach raised so it seems logical.
    Shadwstalker - In before agents are cool again! http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=171841
    Imsoparanoid - gimpeh http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=128791
    Shadwenf - gimpeh http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=133295