RK1 - Atlantean
    Lise "Gimpeline" Everwhite - Omni - Level 220/30/70 Martial artist
    Rudolph "Nissemann" Juhl - Omni- Level 220/30/70 Engineer
    Omni-Mining
    Mary "Gimpa" Wormwood 2xx/30/xx Advy R.U.R
    Josephine "Gimpyposer" Dredd 21x/30/70 mp Omni-Pol
    Jarwar 2xx/30/xx Crat Wanderers Sanctuary
    Proud member of Leet Protection Agency

Think im going to need a primer..I just read all the info on the FC webpage and then thought. "this is all great, but how does it work?"

Funcom employee

Connecting to IRC is really easy, and if we decide to go down that route for the next meeting I'll post a quick tutorial on how to get started with it. =)
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

http://aodevs.com/index.php/topic,637.0.html to connect an in-game (buda)bot to IRC :P. Or maybe you guys have your own methods...
    Edta 200 NT, froob , Setup, General of NEPA, Raid Leader of TLfiveplus (Froob Raids)
    Neutral For Life, AO For Ever!
    Please, let Clan and Omni return to Neutral Clan/Omni Resignation forms!

Wouldn't it make more sense to have everyone gather in-game (As we always have) and have the point person for the meeting invite them all in a Private Group.

Then you can join the Private Group from outside of the game, rather then making everyone else figure out IRC.

Just seems like that would make more sense to me.
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||Serve Omni-Tek
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT||||||||||||||||||||Join the ROTFLMAO
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTO TOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Funcom employee

Well, as I said, it helps in terms of getting both dims together at the same time, with a lot less setup on our own end to make it happen - I'm far from a bot master, and while I'm sure there'd be others out there willing to help set stuff up to relay between both dims I also don't want to have to rely on that. Instead, getting everyone together via one simple means seems to be the easiest option, rather than having to do both at the same time - While we're at it, if we can get a bot relay going for both dims, then that'd be a good bonus. =)

Plus its something different - It might work out better for peeps who can't access the game client at the time we have the meeting (say someone's at work and can connect to IRC but not the game client). Either way, its something I feel would be worth experimenting with and so far the feedback seems to be pretty positive. I'll wait for a few more to chime in before I decide either way, though. =)
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    (2007 - 2012)

Just had a thought, but transfer to TestLive might be an idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Lasliana View Post
    Just had a thought, but transfer to TestLive might be an idea.
    Hum, in my case, setting up IRC would be a lot faster then struggling to get TestLive patched. Nice idea though, would still allow all of us to meet in person.

Funcom employee

Testlive isn't a bad idea persay, but it still carries the issue of me not being able to run AO at home, which was the main impetus behind the IRC idea. That and it does come with its own set of issues (as Testlive can be a bit volatile in terms of not knowing when it'll be down for patching, and [as we've all noticed] transferring characters can be a bit flaky from time-to-time).

I think overall the feedback so far on getting an IRC-based meeting together has been pretty positive, and the more I go along the more I really think its the most feasible/easiest solution. I'll wait for some more peeps to chime in before I set anything in stone, but right now I'm heavily leaning in that direction.
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    (2007 - 2012)

I think it's good. As long as we're figuring out a way to actually start chatting I can't complain.
    = Captain "Arthazar" Harcrow (Captain of The Phoenix Fortune)
    = Reporter "Lucetta" Phoenix (IRRK Freelance Reporter)
    = Sir "Sterlings" Furlocke (The Old English Trading Co.)
    = Dr. Malcom "Cormack" Ardman (University of Borealis)
    = "Paulon" McPhasefront, "Georj" Hairyson, "Johnar" Lemon & "Morninn" Starr (The Leetles)
    = "Gridfeed" (Camera Drone)
    = Director "Dartello" Marello (Black-Net)
    = DCI "Validius" Hunt (Department of Investigations)
    = DS John "Streller" (Department of Investigations)

= Major "Jimako" Jones (OTAF)
    = Mack "Teffler" Falloway (Clan hunter/trader)

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    ... we could potentially look into using a set of bots to relay the chatter between IRC and the game world. ...
    It also makes it easier to follow meetings that I didn't attend. (I am rather busy in real life and social. Being able to idle and read back would be great.

I advise using some very short bot names so that it is:

(date stamp)RPRK1:Jenshae: Down with the Omni scum!
    Instead of something terrible like:
    (date stamp)RPingAtlantean: [Dimension 1] Jenshae : I love Omlettes!
    Anarrina is just doing her job. Way nicer in IRC.|| High aptitudes in some things != social skills.
    "Don't debate with a troll. They are impervious and will bring you down to their level; in height range to beat you with their thick little skulls."
    Audible taste of Africa.
    One string.| How to bring a sense of accomplishment back. "Fr00bs play AO; sl00bs work it."
    Why so serious?
    Stick What? You mean there are not enough PvP-ers ... to get the BS running? ... how come ...
    Aeliniyah : Where exactly? ... it requires only 6+6 people to start a round of BS, yet they never run ...

You really should poke Means about at least buying one laptop for the team to take on business trips, or when they plan on doing something work-related from home like you are.

Anyways, even though neither Kate nor me currently use IRC, I'm pretty sure we could get it set up for such a meeting, should it be necessary. After all, I remember having been an IRC operator on a small server about five years ago or so. Can't have forgotten it all!
    Uragon -- Former Director of Omni-Pol

When running from an angry mob, it is not really necessary to be faster than it. It totally suffices to be faster than your teammates.

There's still another option if you want to do it ingame:

Create a toon on DNW and have the meeting for all servers there. No need to patch to TestLive, but the problem of Kintaii not being able to log in on the weekends remains.
    Jane "Lylith" Doe - former Omni-Pol employee - There is no knowledge that is not power.

I use a bot from with in Second Life:

Second Life <-> IRC <-> bot <-> org chat. <-> guest channel.

Works well and I prefer chatting with Pidgin. (free).
    Anarrina is just doing her job. Way nicer in IRC.|| High aptitudes in some things != social skills.
    "Don't debate with a troll. They are impervious and will bring you down to their level; in height range to beat you with their thick little skulls."
    Audible taste of Africa.
    One string.| How to bring a sense of accomplishment back. "Fr00bs play AO; sl00bs work it."
    Why so serious?
    Stick What? You mean there are not enough PvP-ers ... to get the BS running? ... how come ...
    Aeliniyah : Where exactly? ... it requires only 6+6 people to start a round of BS, yet they never run ...

So it is pretty close to the one year bump. anything new?
    RK1 - Atlantean
    Omni-Mining

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Gimpeline View Post
    So it is pretty close to the one year bump. anything new?
    http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=578396
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    (2007 - 2012)

Lise, It was even set as an event on the bot when you logged in and out all night!!! On top of that, I am sure I asked you if you were going *grins*

That is the event meeting. I meant the storyline meeting
    RK1 - Atlantean
    Omni-Mining

It will be both gimpeline, as kintaii is able to attend this one and both dims will be present its essentially what was suggested in the original post, however we will accept questions about storyline or anything else events related.

So.. It has now been over a year since we were promissed a storyline.
    where is it?
    RK1 - Atlantean
    Omni-Mining

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast