Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: This Was the Storyline Meeting Thread. Now... idkwtf

Quote Originally Posted by Gimpeline View Post
    Sorry, but they have had 3 years. I'm tierd of waiting, so I am done with official ark/funcom rp.

You can always protest. I did that on RK2 a few years back. It's really got Pheat's Goat. Just thought I'd share.

Also, I reached my limits after talking to Kintaii and Attending the Dec OAM. Everyone has a valid reason to have lost hope, Red.
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||Serve Omni-Tek
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT||||||||||||||||||||Join the ROTFLMAO
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTO TOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Quote Originally Posted by Gimpeline View Post
    Sorry, but they have had 3 years. I'm tierd of waiting, so I am done with official ark/funcom rp.
    I understand how you feel, I think after all the time people spend reading the timeline, going over quests, talking to NPCs, and reading that painful excuse for a book. I do feel players are entitled to some answers, even if those answers lead to more questions.

You can hold a protest like Pants said, but it's my understanding that Events has about as much pull with FC as us players do. So really boycotting them isn't going to do much. Honestly thinking about it by blowing off LTCs all you're really doing is hurting people that do what to RP. Well at least the ones that play LTCs you see out frequently. But that's really when dealing with the main FC storyline. It would be nice to see Events finish their storylines every now and then. Not start something get everybody in to it then just drop it in the middle and leave everyone standing around scratching their heads.

I can say for awhile Events was really on their game and just cranking stuff out. Then it seems they lost a few people and the ones that have taken their places have really dropped the ball.

To Devdas, Pheats and the rest of the team. I know you guys are volunteers and stuff does happen and RL is always more important then game. And I know you guys need to hold events for the masses not just the hardcore rp crowd. But there are some big storylines that you guys are running that just seem to drop off, did the whole team go on vacation or something?
    Other then the meetings and two one off events, that really were pretty much the same event with a different skin (guy builds robot/s, brings robot/s to town, robot/s go crazy and starts killing people) even if they were fun. Are you guys even doing anything with "your" stories anymore? Where stuff about the smugglers, the fixers, ect...

I used to think Event storylines were better then the overall FC storyline cause at least you would get an ending and answers, now I'm not so sure anymore.
    I don't PvP becasue my rlpeen is big enough so I don't need to make up for it with my epeen.

"Ahhhhh that was a good dinner. Now it's time to hit the playground and watch the little girls."

Quote Originally Posted by Trousers View Post
    You can always protest. I did that on RK2 a few years back. It's really got Pheat's Goat. Just thought I'd share.
    I never did get that goat back...

As people have said, you can protest and refuse to take part in roleplay but when it comes down to it all that will do is prevent more roleplay, if we can't get people to participate we won't be able to run anything of any impact.

Events has tended to be apart from the main storyline for years now and the funcom people have pressing issues with the rest of the game.

That said Kintaii really is bringing some great stuff to the table and improving the Events teams effect by leaps and bounds so while it might take a fairly long time for something as major as all your questions finally being answered, it probably won't be THAT long before some major things happen. I hesitate to give any sort of time frame for those such things though as things are still fairly uncertain.

In the mean time the Events team will still be doing their own stories that aren't major parts of the storyline as always and while its been a bit lacking lately now that we have our tools back (and therefore have all the information we wrote about such things) things should pick up a bit more.

Just to let you know there is currently 5 major events storylines running, some more obvious then others and some more active then others.

If you dig things up, look for information it shouldn't be too hard to get involved in these.

Granted at least one is on a semi hiatus due to lack of interest (and partly because of the story and other things requiring a downtime) the rest should be all up and going.

However I can guarantee, if people start refusing to get involved and more people start ignoring roleplay even these storylines will end unfinished, as they can't be run without you lots interaction.

I agree. It may not live up to all our expectations all the time but the Event team and things like the OAM are one of AO's main strengths. We should never take it for granted.

I've been hanging out a lot in City of Heroes recently, we even started a small version of RUR there, posting crazy RUR style stories on the forums and planning a small event, but damn, is it hard to get into the roleplaying community there.

For any new org out there, the OAM is just a great way to get involved in roleplaying community in a way that doesn't involve hanging out in bars all the time.

That said, I will miss tomorrow's OAM due to prior commitments.
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

Quote Originally Posted by Pheats View Post
    ... if we can't get people to participate we won't be able to run anything of any impact...
    Surely communicating with a couple of people OOCly to help organise the masses prior to something exciting happening wouldn't be a terrible idea.

For someone in an organisation to plan to be doing something completely different.. but still an RP event completely accidentally on purpose as the time we get an emergency communication to say that the sky is falling and we have to go see the king would mean that you have a decent group of people already formed and ready to go do something.

More broadly, it could spur more events from us to mask the fact that sometimes it might accidentally turn into an ARK run event.. though perhaps could turn into a "quick, Kate ran out of muffins.. we have to restock ALL the cupboards in Omni-Pol HQ"...

On the other hand, you could still plan things ICly via the normal meetings -- on the occasions where you requested teams at such and such times, it did work with a bit of coordination. But that's probably the key. We need to communicate and organise things together... and like you said, if people aren't there, it will be hard to give us instructions about anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Ukblizzard View Post
    Surely communicating with a couple of people OOCly to help organise the masses prior to something exciting happening wouldn't be a terrible idea.
    It's a necessity. Events where there is a single point of contact and relying on that one point of contact to spread information to others is not effective.

It fosters information hogging because the one or few will keep secrets to ensure they remain 'in control' of the event so that they can be sure they get some RP. I've witnessed it on Rimor and it's a very sad sight to see.

The community needs liaisons who can work between the ARKs and the Players to 'translate' OOC information into IC information or simply put OOC notices out to the community. Until that happens, which I'm not certain it ever will, there will always be a divide between the Player Community and the ARK/FC community.

Nope its not a bad thing, however we don't have anything major about to happen, its all in the pipeline at the moment, we are also working on some stuff to help us communicate better with you lot IC and OOC.

For example, we have more flexibility when it comes to talking on these forums then we did before (otherwise I wouldn't be!)

For some of the larger stuff were planning we probably will have to get a nice big bunch of you together to help, but bear in mind we cannot disclose all information about things (otherwise wheres the fun?)
    Last edited by Pheats; Feb 12th, 2010 at 20:37:39.

So you gonna give us a hint pheats?

Well with no promises you might be seeing some of your favourite characters popping up in unexpected places.

If I say anymore no doubt someone will smack me with something heavy...

Quote Originally Posted by Pheats View Post
    Well with no promises you might be seeing some of your favourite characters popping up in unexpected places..
    Dante for Mayor?
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

Something heavy with sharp edges.

Quote Originally Posted by Devdas View Post
    Something heavy with sharp edges.
    Buckiehead is coming back?

oh wait you're talking about hitting Pheats, had me excited there for a moment.
    I don't PvP becasue my rlpeen is big enough so I don't need to make up for it with my epeen.

"Ahhhhh that was a good dinner. Now it's time to hit the playground and watch the little girls."

IMO I think that FC should have a few full time people on the role play. There are a lot of us that like to, and though I'm on hiatus right now due to financial issues I know I enjoy participating in the storyline. Without direction, the role playing masses make up their own stories and though that's good to a point, it can be counter-productive to the FunCom storyline goal. If anything, for Ka's sake, get an updated main idea together! Something we can work with, run with a little and as it goes, watch what the players come up with. It's an evolving story, like everything that must change, and though I'm sure FunCom was unprepared for the long-running success of Anarchy Online I would think that they could eventually combine the current threads of story into a coherent, interesting and playable tale. That may well require at least a couple full time people. Let's get it together people!!

Please!

:P

As for a boycott, well, I think you will do as you feel you must but seriously, I don't see that actually putting the Neleb's Rod to Azzy if you catch my drift. I'm sure we can come up with something a little more persuasive to entice the creative juices in those we look to for direction.

Pie anyone?

We will see. My chair at BoD will stay empty for now.
    RK1 - Atlantean
    Lise "Gimpeline" Everwhite - Omni - Level 220/30/70 Martial artist
    Rudolph "Nissemann" Juhl - Omni- Level 220/30/70 Engineer
    Omni-Mining
    Mary "Gimpa" Wormwood 2xx/30/xx Advy R.U.R
    Josephine "Gimpyposer" Dredd 21x/30/70 mp Omni-Pol
    Jarwar 2xx/30/xx Crat Wanderers Sanctuary
    Proud member of Leet Protection Agency

Make RP, not war!

....pssst, events concerning the Leetles are on a definite go, so there'll be some fun there at least.
    = Captain "Arthazar" Harcrow (Captain of The Phoenix Fortune)
    = Reporter "Lucetta" Phoenix (IRRK Freelance Reporter)
    = Sir "Sterlings" Furlocke (The Old English Trading Co.)
    = Dr. Malcom "Cormack" Ardman (University of Borealis)
    = "Paulon" McPhasefront, "Georj" Hairyson, "Johnar" Lemon & "Morninn" Starr (The Leetles)
    = "Gridfeed" (Camera Drone)
    = Director "Dartello" Marello (Black-Net)
    = DCI "Validius" Hunt (Department of Investigations)
    = DS John "Streller" (Department of Investigations)

= Major "Jimako" Jones (OTAF)
    = Mack "Teffler" Falloway (Clan hunter/trader)

Half year bump. Atleast pretend to care about RP. Where is the meeting?
    RK1 - Atlantean
    Lise "Gimpeline" Everwhite - Omni - Level 220/30/70 Martial artist
    Rudolph "Nissemann" Juhl - Omni- Level 220/30/70 Engineer
    Omni-Mining
    Mary "Gimpa" Wormwood 2xx/30/xx Advy R.U.R
    Josephine "Gimpyposer" Dredd 21x/30/70 mp Omni-Pol
    Jarwar 2xx/30/xx Crat Wanderers Sanctuary
    Proud member of Leet Protection Agency

I agree, the meeting is way overdue, the Green Cloaks meet every month (and I keep missing it due to org stuff), I'm sure they can accommodate the meet to add FC/AFK guests.
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

I'll care more about RPing once they stop throwing all the RP RK1's way and give some attention to us. I used to love Events... then they brought it back via mobs with gigantic damage shields so that only level 220s could attack it and player-charms to kill random-passersby trying to twink (Yea, thanks guys, nice to run from Borealis grid then suddenly get butchered by a player without ANY forewarning). You have a pretty awesome storyline to base off of, why don't you use it for some pretty awesome things instead of alien sympathizer protests and random "big" monsters?
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Quote Originally Posted by Saetos View Post
    I'll care more about RPing once they stop throwing all the RP RK1's way and give some attention to us. I used to love Events... then they brought it back via mobs with gigantic damage shields so that only level 220s could attack it and player-charms to kill random-passersby trying to twink (Yea, thanks guys, nice to run from Borealis grid then suddenly get butchered by a player without ANY forewarning). You have a pretty awesome storyline to base off of, why don't you use it for some pretty awesome things instead of alien sympathizer protests and random "big" monsters?
    Hey I thought the ALS event was a lot of fun, and I got taken out during that event. Events always runs combat events and always will, just as much as they do other events. But lets face it the majority of players don't have a clue when it comes to rp, but they know how to fight. As much as it sucks at times Events isn't just here for the hardcore rp crowd, they have to entertain a lot of people.
    As far as RK1 getting all the love, that's total bull. If anything one thing I can say about the current events staff is they really do try to make things even for both dims. Now about 5 years ago that wasn't the case RK1 got most of the love and dictated what happened on both dims.

Events has changed a lot over the past few years, and has really busted their butts to bring some good storylines out to the players. I will say lately there does seem to be a slump, in what goes on but that's on both dims, not just rk2.

Quote Originally Posted by Saetos View Post
    I used to love Events until I got killed in one.

Fixed.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast