Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: This Was the Storyline Meeting Thread. Now... idkwtf

The Reds/Unreds are both equally unappealing to me in a philosophical sense. They both appear to have equal amounts of zealotry based upon a conflict that is so old, one wonders if either side really remembers what the first stone was thrown over.

A feature of the broken mechanic made it easy for me to continue doing so. You can be "like family" to your redeemed faction, and if you hide in sneak near one, they insult you gravely. Not very family-like really. :P But, I pretty much feel that was poor coding.

Anyway, I'd say that because of the sheer amount of freedom, and relatively few "responsibilities" by comparison (mostly to issues that are self-centered in nature - after all.. if you have a family on clan side you MUST either be a provider or choose to let your children starve ) These freedoms that clans say they have, are mostly perpetuated by players, and clan organizatons and legacies that value these attributes. Most individual cases are done one by one, and are subjective to the observer. Clans therefore can default to the old axioms, "Treat as you would like to be treated." Tends to make sociological sense, next to my other top fave "Don't sh*t where you eat."

Much like the american military today to tend to think "we fight and die for americans so they have the freedom to be ne'erdowells if they choose." is something that I would definitely say IC in AO, in deference to clan social dynamics.
    Last edited by Bubbacrush; Nov 4th, 2010 at 07:36:56.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

@ Bubbacrush
    I know Kintaii started with redeem/unredeem, but I think it's one of the most messed up items on storyline horizon.

When faction was first introduced, you got positive/negative faction with Clan Legacy orgs (Sentinels, etc..) by killing mobs in Inner Sanctum. Item descriptions from said dungeon also hinted on some internal struggle and break-away in Shadowlands (even if then players had no clue about SL). With introduction of SL, faction mechanics changed and this section of story never got explained/continued. Only RP change was new representative of Knights in CoT.
    "War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
    -The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians

[Kintaii]: Dude, I *am* weird
    [Kintaii]: I came to accept this many years ago and am much happier for it. XD
    [Kintaii]: Besides - I work on *AO*. That right there is proof of my oddness.

Purely from my own perspective:

I can agree to some extent on that. I do feel that it is something that can be tightened up, and made to fit a little more snugly with the current game in mind, but that is also only IMHO.

SL stories have been always the ones with beautiful graphics and a huge potential to be a gripping force to drive a player through it all, but there is always in the back of my mind, most of its ineffectualness combined with the fact i've seen it a hundred times before, kinda negates it.
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Quote Originally Posted by Trousers View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0iRTB-FTMdk
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

It's a shame the joke was lost on you. At least Kintaii got it.
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||Serve Omni-Tek
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT||||||||||||||||||||Join the ROTFLMAO
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTO TOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Aww you two are so cute.
    Point Blank

Quote Originally Posted by Windguaerd View Post
    Wow that was like the worst comeback ever. I mean it could have been good in another context but blah I digress, I say anymore I'll get yelled at for going off topic.

Ooooo, now here's an idea. How about FC puts in some kind of thread voucher in the in game browsers? Ya know pay x amount of dollar and we can feel free to post what ever we want on the forums. Now that I would happily shell out some cash for.

Okay so back to storyline, ummm so anything exciting planned for us anytime soon?
    I don't PvP becasue my rlpeen is big enough so I don't need to make up for it with my epeen.

"Ahhhhh that was a good dinner. Now it's time to hit the playground and watch the little girls."

Quote Originally Posted by FoosballX View Post
    Ooooo, now here's an idea. How about FC puts in some kind of thread voucher in the in game browsers? Ya know pay x amount of dollar and we can feel free to post what ever we want on the forums. Now that I would happily shell out some cash for.
    Now, there's an excellent idea. Got something nefarious planned?
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||Serve Omni-Tek
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT||||||||||||||||||||Join the ROTFLMAO
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTO TOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Hmm maybe, I just wanna slay the wanna be dragon. (inside joke but those in the know, are giggling )

tee-hee /pulp
    I don't PvP becasue my rlpeen is big enough so I don't need to make up for it with my epeen.

"Ahhhhh that was a good dinner. Now it's time to hit the playground and watch the little girls."

I'd watch out, The Burninator is nothing to trifle with.
    Thatched-roof cottages, beware....
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

yeah it's not Trogdar I'm concerned about hoss. However I doubt the person I am talking about would have the cognitive capacity to even realize.

You're so mean :P But I like this new assertiveness.
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567