Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Halloween 2009 & The Grind's Grand Opening!

Funcom employee Halloween 2009 & The Grind's Grand Opening!

Hey guys! We realize that a lot of you are out and about picking up gourd-stained goodies from the remains of Uncle Pumpkin-head already, but we've got a special article up on the main page with tidbits from this Halloween AND special information on the opening of Rubi-Ka's newest, hottest nightclub, The Grind! You can check out the article here for screenshots of the new Halloween content and official times/dates/information on the grand opening for The Grind: http://www.anarchy-online.com/wsp/an...&table=CONTENT

Take care!
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

Come join Gridstream Productions on Atlantean at 14:00 GMT this Friday, October 23rd – Party moves over to Rimor at 22:00 GMT where Gridstream will keep rocking the airwaves. Then, at 14:00 GMT on Saturday, October 24th, the party explodes onto Die New Welt with Radio SdF providing the tunes. Expect special prizes, contests, and even appearances from the development team of Anarchy Online! This is one party you definitely don't want to miss – Make sure to stop by, chat with the dev team, and rock out to some awesome tunage.

To join in the fun, be at the ICC Headquarters on any dimension at 14:00 GMT on Friday, October 23rd and keep an eye out for "Gerald the Bouncer" - Talk to him to get whisked away to the best party spot the stars have to offer!

North American players on RK1 are not going to be happy with the party lasting only during average work hours on a weekday.
    Last edited by tazalanche; Oct 22nd, 2009 at 17:02:45.
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

Quote Originally Posted by tazalanche View Post
    North American players on RK1 are not going to be happy with the party lasting only during average work hours on a weekday.
    just call into work with "swine flu again".

otherwise, just roll an alt on the better server, and go to that party

Level 1 to 300 in 8 Years! Pwn!
    - Join us on Discord! -
    AO WIKI!
    Arcanum!

Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    otherwise, just roll an alt on the better server, and go to that party
    Best Suggestion Ever!
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||Serve Omni-Tek
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT||||||||||||||||||||Join the ROTFLMAO
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTO TOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Oh no! NA players don't get something thier way for a change...

Lets all stamp our feet and fling poop.

Also, European players will not be happy about the party being started at 10pm at night (GMT) on RK2!

On a related note. WOOO PARTEH!
    Last edited by Raggeh; Oct 23rd, 2009 at 00:33:01.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

Was sooooo looking forward to being there for the club opening. But alas, it is right in the middle of the work day...
    Dirk "Maxflier" Pitt
    215/30 Agent

They should just have RK1 & RK2 parties simultaneously from 1400 GMT on the 23rd to 1359 GMT on the 24th, with various GSP/ARKS/GMs/Devs/etc. popping into each server every other hour, or as time permits.

Make it a 24 hour GRAND OPENING CELEBRATION, instead of a grand opening celebration that certain geographical locations will miss, depending on which server they mainly use & if they play during the day or night.

P.S.: Means announced the planned date of this party a while back. Why did it take until 22 hours before it starts for the start time to be posted in the forums & launcher?
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

Quote Originally Posted by Raggeh View Post
    Oh no! NA players don't get something thier way for a change...

Lets all stamp our feet and fling poop.

Also, European players will not be happy about the party being started at 10pm at night (GMT) on RK2!

On a related note. WOOO PARTEH!
    Actually, Germany for example is GMT+2 atm due to Daylight Saving Time - so it starts at midnight here.

On the other hand: I remember live streams in ICC that were only visible to North American people, EU has been left out - little payback for that maybe? ^^

*ducks and runs for cover*

Thay
    Thaylia - Martial Artist
    Spellseeker - Nanotechnician
    Kahja - Doctor

"Authenticity is achieved by saying what you´re doing, and doing what you´re saying." - Johannes Rau
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~
    Socializer 80%, Explorer 53%, Achiever 53%, Killer 13%

Think it is the first time a party is at a time on RK1 that I can atend.
    North amerians had ark expo, 8 years aneversery, pirtate night, etc..
    Finaly it's our turn
    RK1 - Atlantean
    Lise "Gimpeline" Everwhite - Omni - Level 220/30/70 Martial artist
    Rudolph "Nissemann" Juhl - Omni- Level 220/30/70 Engineer
    Omni-Mining
    Mary "Gimpa" Wormwood 2xx/30/xx Advy R.U.R
    Josephine "Gimpyposer" Dredd 21x/30/70 mp Omni-Pol
    Jarwar 2xx/30/xx Crat Wanderers Sanctuary
    Proud member of Leet Protection Agency

Yeah, all the people in the Oslo offices just Have to stay up into the late hours of the morning to bow and scrape to the American players demands
    Ebondevil - Omni Level 220 Agent on Atlantean, Feel free to contact me any time if you have questions, in game or out.
    Varinox - Omni Level 220 Meta-Physicist on Atlantean
    Yamarra - Omni Level 150 Shade on Atlantean

Feel free to send me any tell in game or a Private Message if you require anything.

So am I getting paid royalties? I at least want a seat at the VIP table.
    If it's not broken your not trying hard enough.

Grind42 General of Athens Paladins

Question

Froobs are welcome I hope?
    Fr00bz expansion, now at forums! Desu.

Yes, Froobs are welcome!

So the party has started. How fabulous is it?
    Cathryn "Vallikat" Thompon

Your queen of muffiny goodness!
    Director - Gridstream Productions --->Tune In Here

Member, GSP Dancers

Gunney: Lissunin ta GSP mayukz me wanna play... wut bettah reezun duz enee wun need?

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by vallikat View Post
    Yes, Froobs are welcome!

So the party has started. How fabulous is it?
    Greatly Insane!!

(PS, sorta there, I'm one of those North Americans that have to work during the day too....just sneaked in on my laptop =)

Gods I wish I was there! Just saw some screenies on the gridstream forums and it looks absolutely spectacular. Good job to everyone at Funcom who had a hand in this!

http://www.gridstream.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=15791

Anyway I'm tempted to peek in on my lunch hour even though I can only stay a minute. I only hesitate though because I'm afraid I won't be able to convince myself to return to work!

Member, GSP Dancers

Gunney: Lissunin ta GSP mayukz me wanna play... wut bettah reezun duz enee wun need?

Anarrina mumbles something about her connection being shot again when she's supposed to be at the party working
    Last edited by Anarrina; Oct 23rd, 2009 at 16:16:26.
    Coordinator Anarrina
    Public Forums Moderation Team Lead
    Community Relations Department

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM

Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    Anarrina mumbles something about her connection being shot again when she's supposed to be at the party working
    Oh no! *hugs* I'm so sorry. I think it is worse to not be able to be there because the interwebs have failed you than it is for having to work.

Member, GSP Dancers

Quote Originally Posted by vallikat View Post
    Oh no! *hugs* I'm so sorry. I think it is worse to not be able to be there because the interwebs have failed you than it is for having to work.
    Its fairly irritating. This isn't exactly something I can fix by firing up my blackberry, like moderating the forums.
    Coordinator Anarrina
    Public Forums Moderation Team Lead
    Community Relations Department

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM

RK1, the bouncer isn't working. Playshifting failure all the time.
    Squad Commander of Paragon

Kaelde ~ little gimpy engi of doom
    Ecrisi ~ Even squishier than Kae, if that was at all possible

Quote Originally Posted by castaras View Post
    RK1, the bouncer isn't working. Playshifting failure all the time.
    Sounds like the bouncers working fine
    Ebondevil - Omni Level 220 Agent on Atlantean, Feel free to contact me any time if you have questions, in game or out.
    Varinox - Omni Level 220 Meta-Physicist on Atlantean
    Yamarra - Omni Level 150 Shade on Atlantean

Feel free to send me any tell in game or a Private Message if you require anything.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast