Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: When are you going to rebalance Shades

Quote Originally Posted by -XeI20- View Post
    Well, it's all really relative according to how one wishes to tweak a perkline. As blur is atm, 220aao/aad debuff, a 50% check would be fine. However, as you're speaking of increasing the debuff power then a higher check would no doubt be needed.
    Well 220 aad debuff isn't exactly insignificant, so surely a 75-80% check on that perk would be prudent?
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

Quote Originally Posted by Hacre View Post
    The fact that every decent PvP Shade is Atrox should say something.
    That's a biased point of view. Atrox is only better against profs with high evades thanks to MR, for everything else other breeds are better.

You could say the same about any other perk-reliant prof.

Shades don't need more AR or lower def check on perks. They can already have a decent amount of it. Yes it requires sacrifices and atrox has a downside with spirits.

If anything shades could use more conceal and an escape nano but other than that, they are more than fine.
    blah

Quote Originally Posted by NoGoal View Post
    That's a biased point of view. Atrox is only better against profs with high evades thanks to MR, for everything else other breeds are better.

You could say the same about any other perk-reliant prof.

Shades don't need more AR or lower def check on perks. They can already have a decent amount of it. Yes it requires sacrifices and atrox has a downside with spirits.

If anything shades could use more conceal and an escape nano but other than that, they are more than fine.
    Imho atm a trox is the best breed for shades in pvp(bs, etc), because he is able to pimp his def and is still able to perk sometimes thx to MR.

So, in it's current form MR has to go away.

Shades without MR may have a good def but can't really perk.
    Imho if a non trox shade pimps his off he will lose too much def and can still not perk very much.

I think every shade should be able to perk most of the other profs - not every time and not in every situation - but it should be possible without MR. Greenies don't count as perkable.

Bottom line:
    /me puts his hypnos goggles on
    *merge BLUR WITH MR FUNCOM, NOW!*

After that it can still be nerfed to a reasonable level.

Quote Originally Posted by SoldiTwo View Post
    Imho atm a trox is the best breed for shades in pvp(bs, etc), because he is able to pimp his def and is still able to perk sometimes thx to MR.

So, in it's current form MR has to go away.

Shades without MR may have a good def but can't really perk.
    Imho if a non trox shade pimps his off he will lose too much def and can still not perk very much.

I think every shade should be able to perk most of the other profs - not every time and not in every situation - but it should be possible without MR. Greenies don't count as perkable.

Bottom line:
    /me puts his hypnos goggles on
    *merge BLUR WITH MR FUNCOM, NOW!*

After that it can still be nerfed to a reasonable level.

If you actualy belive trox is the best breed for the shade proffesion when it comes to PvP , you have no clue how to PvP .
    And to all 0 brain people out there that keep posting on these forums about trox shades going full def and still beeing able to kill someone with MR , i beg of you go do a BS round with a clock next to you and kill 1 target and just 1 target alone every 2 min , rest just use your normal hits . Apart from 215 shades that use that tactic i dont see anyone in hes right mind using that **** of a setup to actualy pvp .
    "Men are more ready to repay an injury than a benefit, because gratitude is a burden and revenge a pleasure. "

Quote Originally Posted by iolanda View Post
    If you actualy belive trox is the best breed for the shade proffesion when it comes to PvP , you have no clue how to PvP .
    And to all 0 brain people out there that keep posting on these forums about trox shades going full def and still beeing able to kill someone with MR , i beg of you go do a BS round with a clock next to you and kill 1 target and just 1 target alone every 2 min , rest just use your normal hits . Apart from 215 shades that use that tactic i dont see anyone in hes right mind using that **** of a setup to actualy pvp .
    Well after hundreds of bs rounds with a 220 trox shade and many more kills I can certainly say it works. And btw no one would 100% rely on an all def + mr setup but a trox shade "could" do that.

But I guess you have your clues and I have mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Hacre View Post
    Well 220 aad debuff isn't exactly insignificant, so surely a 75-80% check on that perk would be prudent?
    It might be. We do not yet have the larger picture. (How good will parry/reposte be? How much of a nerf will the heal nerf be? How will the rs nerf affect Shades?) What I've suggested is meant to be seen as a general template which is to be fine tuned based on a larger picture. The point I've been trying to get across is that the key issues hurting Shades haven't even been mentioned yet by the dev team.
    Solsfedaykin 220/70/23 Soli Adv
    Shivj00 220/70/30 Trox Shade
    Solsxtitan 150/x/x Trox Enfo

Quote Originally Posted by -XeI20- View Post
    I refuse to change my melee adv to ranged b/c of the 80% check lameness of pistol perks....I'm completely opposed to Shade dmg perks having anything other then 100% checks...To think that someone would actually want their Shade to play just as lamely as a ranged adv....
    So you don't want lower defensive checks, and you don't want Atrox to define shades in PvP.. You bitch because shades are 99% perk dependent.

Shade balancing:
    * +1500 AR buff

?

And yeah hacre I agree, just think it would be OP in pvp ganking

Quote Originally Posted by Mahdi007 View Post
    So you don't want lower defensive checks, and you don't want Atrox to define shades in PvP.. You bitch because shades are 99% perk dependent.

Shade balancing:
    * +1500 AR buff

?

Maybe if you'd read my posts in this thread you'd have an accurate assessment of what I believe.
    Solsfedaykin 220/70/23 Soli Adv
    Shivj00 220/70/30 Trox Shade
    Solsxtitan 150/x/x Trox Enfo

Quote Originally Posted by Mahdi007 View Post
    Well what are Shades, if not a pure damage output PvP profession? They're a melee version of NTs or at least that's how I see them. We have CB...I don't see why Blur shouldn't function in a similar manner.

Shades are damage dealers. I would hope that the rebalancing doesn't make them into some weird hybrid of other stuff when they are defined solely by their damage output. NTs were supposed to be defined by their damage output for aeons, now they finally are. Shades should have the ability to catch up, imho.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

Blur should be lowered to 85-90%.
    Fixer - Solja Lite
    Adv - Forgotten lubchild
    Trader - Nerfed Professional

Well, I haven't played a shade for a while but I did recognize very early that shade PVP is either 1) really easy for killing gimps cause I land perks or 2) rather difficult/impossible because I couldn't. It's all about the perks and the easier the perks are to land, the easier it is to put more people down with a faceroll on the keyboard, especially now they have some perks that aren't chained anymore. Not to flame you guys, but I don't think you're going to get more perk love without crossing a fine line between working and OPed. Any improvements are likely going to come from other stuff ot help your staying power. Understand that nerfs to AS is already going to help you ALOT indirectly. It's not a factor that can be ignored.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

I would NOT like to see blur much lower than a 95% check (though it is an ai perk...). The way it is now, if I can perk someone with blur, I pretty much know I can land PM perks (unless we're talking about landing blur under mongo rage....). What does need a much lower check is SP (Spirit Phylactery), our aao/aad drain line. Needing to drain someone at the start of the fight with hypothetical 80% check SP perks != alpha. And then we can move away shades all but NEEDING to be trox.

Quote Originally Posted by iolanda View Post
    There's only 2 breeds that can pvp well as shade, opi, and atrox.
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234