Thread: NT Perk Changes: Nano Heals

NT Perk Changes: Nano Heals

I find the changes to Nano Heal from the Essence of Notum perk line a mixed bag of "yay" and "awww".

Yay because of the halved recharge. Awww, because instead of healing nano by a static amount (4000) it now has a range of 2.4k-4k.

I know I know, technically over time it's more nano, but NTs most often use this in one of two situations:

To boost nano while taking damage under nanobot guard,
    To heal up nano after using nanobot guard.

Otherwise it doesn't get touched. There's little use in knowing I get another shot in 60s, if the amount it healed for was only 2.4k as opposed to the current 4k I know I'll get right now because in 60s NBG will be out so that shorter recharge makes very little difference.

I do like the shorter attack time on Tap Notum Source though, it's a shame the lockout is still 6 minutes.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

balance is about loosing as well, you know.

it's funny to see that everyone thinks "balancing" means love for every profession ^_^
    220 Agent + :: 220 Doctor + :: 220 Soldier + :: 220 Enforcer + :: 220 Bureaucrat + :: 217 Adventurer + :: 217 Trader + :: 159 Engineer :: 112 Fixer

Inferno Travelguides

Quote Originally Posted by Keex View Post
    balance is about loosing as well, you know.

it's funny to see that everyone thinks "balancing" means love for every profession ^_^
    Uh yeah..

It's also about fixing unnecessary problems with tools FC have handed out over the years.

Would you like it if your AMS had a longer downtime than uptime? How about if during the downtime, you couldn't fire your gun?

I'm not asking for a 40k nano heal or anything like it. I'm querying why the amount it refills needed a nerf when it's still not a fast nano heal and didn't heal that much to begin with, while NTs have been crying out for better ways to refill nano from zero to at least half-3/4 since things like NBG downtime and GTH came along.

I'm not asking for "love" as you put it, I'm asking for a -fix-, one that's been needed for quite some time.

The shortened recharge on the perk is nice but the chances of healing anything less than even 10% of nanopool (which isn't even a capped special, FYI) takes most of the nice out of it and it seems rather unnecessary, when the perk was never and would not be overpowered without the nerf.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

Btw that perk will work on the team now won't it?

i agree with hacre, if you change nano heals that way please consider to reduce the impact of damage over nanopoints

Quote Originally Posted by Drakeep View Post
    i agree with hacre, if you change nano heals that way please consider to reduce the impact of damage over nanopoints
    I think the damage to nano conversion is fine, apart from it penalising you for a HP build (though that's lessened a lot by Izzy's Wealth).

I just don't quite get why a positive is immediately ran into by a negative. It's a pattern a lot of NT stuff has taken and I think Means and co should take the opportunity to stop doing that and get the modifications right and balanced without an annoying drawback in the first place.

However, positives are there. I love what's been done with Flim Focus and Utilize.

@ Mountaingoat: Yes it is a team nano heal.
    Member of Spartans
    Genius at work.

Hacre's right that the heal was only used rarely--during or just after NBG. NTs don't have much use for a 2k/min personal nano healing outside of those two instances. However, it is now a 3.2k/min (on average) team nano heal. Presumably the incoming changes to healing and nano regeneration will make this much more valuable in a team in a team, as well.

While I agree that it is useful in the NBG situations above, I'm happy with the change if it increases our team desirability. I think the true problem lies with the heavy cost of NBG.
    Axtilmor - 220/25 NT
    Sulstiare - 209/20 Engy

A proud member of Circle G

Quote Originally Posted by Soosis View Post
    #1: STOP comparing Real life to a Game. Gun barrels in AO are made out of fuzzy bunnyrabits from hell, that dont melt even after 10 hours of consecutive shooting <- closer to truth, than what you are saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Axtilmor View Post
    Hacre's right that the heal was only used rarely--during or just after NBG. NTs don't have much use for a 2k/min personal nano healing outside of those two instances. However, it is now a 3.2k/min (on average) team nano heal. Presumably the incoming changes to healing and nano regeneration will make this much more valuable in a team in a team, as well.

While I agree that it is useful in the NBG situations above, I'm happy with the change if it increases our team desirability. I think the true problem lies with the heavy cost of NBG.
    Good point, however we already have our team viability in the fact that 215+ NTs are now excellent damage dealers, unrivalled even in AI raids/APF. NTs in S42 can OD a good SMG soldier by a factor of 4 and only lose out to the best SMG solds and good Shades in SL. NTs are definitely where they should be in terms of damage as well as bringing some crowd control, which makes team desirability just fine.

I know it probably sounds like nitpicking, but there just isn't any need to have it on a nerfy range. It's fine with the recharge reduced while keeping it at a static 4k heal. There's nothing overpowered in that.
    Member of Spartans
    Genius at work.

Quote Originally Posted by Hacre View Post
    I know it probably sounds like nitpicking, but there just isn't any need to have it on a nerfy range. It's fine with the recharge reduced while keeping it at a static 4k heal. There's nothing overpowered in that.
    I could agree with that. I wonder why they changed it to be honest.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

they should make the nano dmg conversion 150% for all breeds - trox <3

Quote Originally Posted by Nanopwnerx View Post
    they should make the nano dmg conversion 150% for all breeds - trox <3
    ehehe trox nts are uber already as they are... wit + more hp ftw :P

Quote Originally Posted by Drakeep View Post
    ehehe trox nt are uber already as they are... wit + more hp ftw :P
    I'd kill for Wit. An evade setup NT with Wit is pretty evil.

Though I don't mind sphere.
    Member of Spartans
    Genius at work.

You are already among the best offencive wise, definately not too bad on the defencive side either...

So how about whining that your nano-regain perks get nerfed, its not like they are ripping NBG away from you, and you still have that izgimmers wealth thing going... and thats overpowered...

If you can't see that your prof is overpowered, you need to roll an alt and try to kill a NT...

I have two accounts full of alts, and one NT. The &#$%ing init time on the nano perks is too_damn_ slow. Gain some objectivity, roll an NT, play past 200, and then comment.
    ____ Equipment
    Kopo: There's nothing wrong with the (NT) profession itself, it's just that the other 99.9% of us playing it are deluded & incompetent.
    Unzipped: I'm right, Schmorgi is right... everyone else is wrong and /org lazy.... yep... that pretty much sums up my thoughts.
    Mangle: .... even still the leveling curve seems steep. Why must there be an exponential leveling curve? Who the hell invented that crap with MMOs to begin with?
    deniska: malewerecat h8 for making me agree with Masta
    sobeguy:Anyhow, Marius was evil regardless. Gaute was evil too. They are like, the Bat Man and Robin of evil. They probably run around in tights and masks, making vaguely homoerotic comments, and generally meddling anywhere people are trying to have fun!
    Righteous:Sil is in the kitchen making some sandwiches, he says you're lying and doesn't know who you are.
    Sephiroth:you managed to bother two people with one sentence. Nice
    I Remember The Missing: Nepenthia, Naraya, Satenia.

Quote Originally Posted by Stinnipeng View Post
    You are already among the best offencive wise, definately not too bad on the defencive side either...

So how about whining that your nano-regain perks get nerfed, its not like they are ripping NBG away from you, and you still have that izgimmers wealth thing going... and thats overpowered...

If you can't see that your prof is overpowered, you need to roll an alt and try to kill a NT...
    I try to kill NTs on NT, it's not really a problem.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Stinnipeng View Post

The NT was my alt. And you know what? It's one of the professions I can still kill with my Keeper.

Needing to use your brain against an NT instead of smashing buttons != an overpowered profession.
    Member of Spartans
    Genius at work.

Last post of the changes (oct 30th) suggests that it is still 4k self on the high end, but anyone you are teamed with gets the lower modifier
    ____ Equipment
    Kopo: There's nothing wrong with the (NT) profession itself, it's just that the other 99.9% of us playing it are deluded & incompetent.
    Unzipped: I'm right, Schmorgi is right... everyone else is wrong and /org lazy.... yep... that pretty much sums up my thoughts.
    Mangle: .... even still the leveling curve seems steep. Why must there be an exponential leveling curve? Who the hell invented that crap with MMOs to begin with?
    deniska: malewerecat h8 for making me agree with Masta
    sobeguy:Anyhow, Marius was evil regardless. Gaute was evil too. They are like, the Bat Man and Robin of evil. They probably run around in tights and masks, making vaguely homoerotic comments, and generally meddling anywhere people are trying to have fun!
    Righteous:Sil is in the kitchen making some sandwiches, he says you're lying and doesn't know who you are.
    Sephiroth:you managed to bother two people with one sentence. Nice
    I Remember The Missing: Nepenthia, Naraya, Satenia.

Quote Originally Posted by Solstiare View Post
    Last post of the changes (oct 30th) suggests that it is still 4k self on the high end, but anyone you are teamed with gets the lower modifier
    Hmm still looks like a range of nano healing to me, 2.4k - 4k every 60s.
    Member of Spartans
    Genius at work.