Thread: AAD changes and PvM

AAD changes and PvM

I might understand it wrong, but if AAD no longer applies to nano resist then isn't that going to cause crats (and other AAD professions) problems in PvM where the mobs are doing damage that checks against NR?

And since AAD is our main form of defence, as we have dark blue evades and no heals, won't that mean that we are going to die a lot more when we are fighting those mobs?

It probably doesn't matter for crats who only play pvm in teams, but I like to solo so it could make a big difference.

for the moment, they said that AAD was not added to NR concerning Perks...

so .. you are right for PvP. .. but I dont know mobs that perks ... but i may be wrong...
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

From my experience, aad never helped NR in pvm. Best example for that would be when my fixer was in totw with ga2, admitadly with barely any IP in NR, and still got nuked from the cultists. But then, maybe it was just totally bad luck.
    keep smiling
    Najade s, Najengi s, Najngi s, Najmp s, Shadysannz, Toccata, Frobos, Chaodoc, Najcrat, Najtank
    sannz - ENL - NR01-GOLF-11
    a time of changing has begun; the leaves are fallen and undone; inside my spirit starts to run; and all my fears are overcome. - Chiasm, Rewind, 2005

Mobs nuke but nukes don't check AAD with NR, simply straight NR. This would be a bigger problem if mobs had perk actions at all, let alone any that checked NR, but this works out entirely in our favor. If there were any mobs that you couldn't perk with an action that checked against NR, the Beast is a good example of having both good NR and AAD, then now when you attempt to perk this target, the AAD won't be counted and you can actually perk it where you couldn't before.

If they are just talking about perks then I guess its not a big deal, thanks for explaining

This is totally unsubstantiated, but I heard somewhere a while ago that some SL mobs actually check NP, not NR. So, if you've got a high nano pool, chances are you'll resist.

I heard it somewhere, and I may just be spamming a rumour, but heck, sometimes rumours are cool.

It's not a rumor. Some inferno spirits have CurrentNano as attack skill and Max nano as defence skill on one of their attacks. That's why conflag/enkindled can hit you for 5k at the very start of the fight, until you drain his nano or he drains it by casting nukes. They also have an attack that checks psychic vs psychic.

Here's the database entry for it
    Mamman-_ 220/28 Enforcer Pretty!!
    Fluortanten 220/30 Soldier
    Pebble__.i_ 220/27 Shade
    Dogfood_._ 220/23 Agent

Paradise.

STATUS OF KYAI: Not breathing