Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Make Pistol & 1hb perk 100% def check

Quote Originally Posted by SultryVoltron View Post
    I've played on an enf. Coon sucks. Perk heals are decent at best, but BR is the only real good one with an 8(?) minute recharge.
    Did you ever seen any analogue on agent in mimic enf? Actually, most of enfs i deal with dont die after my alpha load into them.

Quote Originally Posted by Berserkmc View Post
    Nice try, mate. Learn to use your professional defenses, like cocoons and perk heals to not die fast.
    sigh...

cocoon is nerfed .. the absorb is calculated before the HP cap due to low HP nt twinks abusing the absorbs they had earlier.
    the effect. if i got 26k HP w/o mongo 8k FA should be a cap. and i would still be able to absorb 2k aditional dmg.
    but as it is now it has the possiblity to hit for 10k+4550 dmg thru absorb.. thereof the absorb is completly outdated.
    the HoT from BR is 500 tick every 2 sec. and it has a way to long cast time.
    i think the total of the BR HoT is like 8k health.
    wich is 16 ticks if that is the correct.. (to lazy to check it up right now) 16 ticks = 32 seconds.
    33 seconds is roughly 3 capped FAs during that time. .. meaning i am dead before the HoT has actually ticked its full duration.
    if u add the 5k Absorb from endurance booster. well that would be a nice defence.. if it wasnt nerfed to calculate absorb before 30% cap.
    same thing with the 2k absorb from the assult class tank armour.

enfs only way of actually lowering the amount by atleast a bit is by maxing out AAD.
    specially now that every profession has a wepon able of capping specials.
    even NTs Izgimmers Ultimatum is very very close to HP cap on me as an enf .
    Moonbolt - 220/26/something. Trox Enf RK1 General of Hells Heroes.
    Renswind - 220/21/67 solitus trader.
    Moonkiss - 219/21/something opifex shade.
    Mooncloud - 150/18/somethin solitus MA.

I've played on an enf. Coon sucks. Perk heals are decent at best, but BR is the only real good one with an 8(?) minute recharge.
    its actually a 5 min recharge and 2 or 3 sec cast.
    Moonbolt - 220/26/something. Trox Enf RK1 General of Hells Heroes.
    Renswind - 220/21/67 solitus trader.
    Moonkiss - 219/21/something opifex shade.
    Mooncloud - 150/18/somethin solitus MA.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonbolt View Post
    sigh...

cocoon is nerfed .. the absorb is calculated before the HP cap due to low HP nt twinks abusing the absorbs they had earlier.
    the effect. if i got 26k HP w/o mongo 8k FA should be a cap. and i would still be able to absorb 2k aditional dmg.
    but as it is now it has the possiblity to hit for 10k+4550 dmg thru absorb.. thereof the absorb is completly outdated.
    the HoT from BR is 500 tick every 2 sec. and it has a way to long cast time.
    i think the total of the BR HoT is like 8k health.
    wich is 16 ticks if that is the correct.. (to lazy to check it up right now) 16 ticks = 32 seconds.
    33 seconds is roughly 3 capped FAs during that time. .. meaning i am dead before the HoT has actually ticked its full duration.
    if u add the 5k Absorb from endurance booster. well that would be a nice defence.. if it wasnt nerfed to calculate absorb before 30% cap.
    same thing with the 2k absorb from the assult class tank armour.

enfs only way of actually lowering the amount by atleast a bit is by maxing out AAD.
    specially now that every profession has a wepon able of capping specials.
    even NTs Izgimmers Ultimatum is very very close to HP cap on me as an enf .

33 seconds it's an eternity for me. W/o CH i'm live around 5 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by -XeI20- View Post
    er, as i understand it w/ challenger enfo has 3.4k ar. My Shade in a balanced setup, which would be akin to enfo having defense and ar, is 2980...Shades aren't a combat prof?
    You understand wrong then. And I was talking about static AR. Having Challenger up isn't static.

Also, is the low enfo AR due to 99% of all Enfos using a def setup? Or is that pure offense setup AR?
    No it's not. There's no items that really boost AR that enfos don't use. At least not as for defense. Just look at the setup in my sig, my enfo has 2900 static AR on 1hb.
    blah

Yes yes enfs have low AR, har har.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonbolt View Post
    a shade has 2900 ish AR yes... but that is if u dont count the AR drains wich will add some to ur AR.
    Which leads to the good old point of lowering the AR drains defense check so those actually LAND.

The pistol perks are troublesome. without 80% check many Pistol professions can't even dream off perking your opponent, while for high pistol AR profs it's a free pass at evades.
    Deadly Whisper - RK1
    too many alts for to little space

Quote Originally Posted by NoGoal View Post
    No it's not. There's no items that really boost AR that enfos don't use. At least not as for defense. Just look at the setup in my sig, my enfo has 2900 static AR on 1hb.
    So it is because you use defensive gear and not offensive. Every non-CC item you have in every single slot of both gear pages (not including symbs) is designed around more defense, with the exception of stellar deck but we all know you only use that because you have to. Hell, you don't even have Ofab Shoulderpads in that setup.

I'd like to see other professions pull out 2900 AR in a pure defensive setup. You even push higher than 2900 because you don't consider Challenger (+301 AR) to be static offense. Not to mention, you can proc two more challengers for +422 more.

You're going to complain because you can push over 3600 AR in a purely defensive setup? Yeah, sure.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

80% checks seem fine to me, do you have any actual argument for why they should be change? Or is this just your opinion?

Prouver que j'ai raison serait accorder que je puisse avoir tort.

Quote Originally Posted by Sterva View Post
    80% checks seem fine to me, do you have any actual argument for why they should be change? Or is this just your opinion?
    Well, I think the point is ... make all the checks the same value, regardless of what the absolute value is. Balance from there if necessary.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    Well, I think the point is ... make all the checks the same value, regardless of what the absolute value is. Balance from there if necessary.
    Why?

All perks don't do the same things, nor are they used by the same professions, so I see absolutely no clear reason why it should follow that they all use the same checks.

Why?

All perks don't do the same things, nor are they used by the same professions, so I see absolutely no clear reason why it should follow that they all use the same checks.
    Because some prof have to work very hard to perk anyone, while some other just received some FC love and they can perk anyone.

Not to mention the prof getting FC love have some really good defenses already.

Why can't I get some o these low checking perks? :/

Quote Originally Posted by navycut View Post
    Why can't I get some o these low checking perks? :/
    Same for my agent

Quote Originally Posted by NoGoal View Post
    Just look at the setup in my sig, my enfo has 2900 static AR on 1hb.
    Congratulations! You have just been granted a profession change to: Adventurer!

You have gained 38 Attack Rating! But wait, that "static AR" just got a lot more "static."
    Last edited by Scum; Oct 20th, 2009 at 00:21:33. Reason: added link in quote

Quote Originally Posted by laillea View Post
    Because some prof have to work very hard to perk anyone, while some other just received some FC love and they can perk anyone.

And this is of course assuming those defenses will not see any change whatsoever in the coming changes. A tad naive.
    Malentor - Doctor

Why?

Um, I said balance it after where necessary ... l2read. It makes no sense to balance things from an unbalanced template in the first place.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Quote Originally Posted by laillea View Post

So? AO profs don't all work the same. It makes perfect sense that some profs should have to work hard to perk anyone while others shouldn't.

My crat uses pistols and I have to work very hard to be able to perk a lot of people. Ranged advs using the same perks do not have to work very hard. I'm completely okay with that, because crats and advs are not the same profs and they have different strengths and weaknesses.

More than one prof uses those pistol perks.

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    Um, I said balance it after where necessary ... l2read. It makes no sense to balance things from an unbalanced template in the first place.
    You're contradicting yourself now. You're saying both that A) it's a balanced template to have every offensive perk use the same check. B) it's not a balanced template, because more balancing would be necessary.

And to recap, I'm saying that A) is not obviously true, and you need to put some work into defending it if you want anyone to believe you.

Big picture what?
    Let's leave those points alone for a second. Your points are valid, but perhaps let's look at this a different way.

Certain professions who use Pistol Mastery perks need the 80% checks. Others do not. Would you oppose changing the perks to check 100% for testlive so that we can determine who does, and who does not need lower defense checks? I don't mean this on an individual basis, but a profession basis.

You are missing the need for a control group. If you only run tests with 80% checks you miss out on the possibility that maybe ranged advies can perk just fine with 100% checks, and that maybe advys shouldn't get full damage perks on evaders with the new perk damage scheme. Starting with 80% perks is taking something that most people agree shows absolutely no equality for any profession and living with the consequences because it benefits your main.

If we want to help balance this game, we have to start from as generic a step as possible and change it from there. You don't start with a ceramic ash tray and try to make a vase. You start with a lump of clay and start molding from there.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

Let's leave those points alone for a second. Your points are valid, but perhaps let's look at this a different way.

Certain professions who use Pistol Mastery perks need the 80% checks. Others do not. Would you oppose changing the perks to check 100% for testlive so that we can determine who does, and who does not need lower defense checks? I don't mean this on an individual basis, but a profession basis.

You are missing the need for a control group. If you only run tests with 80% checks you miss out on the possibility that maybe ranged advies can perk just fine with 100% checks, and that maybe advys shouldn't get full damage perks on evaders with the new perk damage scheme. Starting with 80% perks is taking something that most people agree shows absolutely no equality for any profession and living with the consequences because it benefits your main.

If we want to help balance this game, we have to start from as generic a step as possible and change it from there. You don't start with a ceramic ash tray and try to make a vase. You start with a lump of clay and start molding from there.
    Hi.

I've been playing the game for quite a while. Believe it or not, I can remember way back (a couple of patches ago) when pistol perks still had a 100% def check. So, although this might not satisfy you, me and others are already familiar with what it means for the perks to have 100% def checks. It means that support profs don't stand much of a chance of landing the perks on many people, while advs still own.

Advs have always been easy mode everything ever since the dawn of time. If advs are to get 'more balanced' and 'more balanced' means harder to play, then the right way to do that is by nerfing {removed} adv specific things--like how they have access to all of the best kinds of defense.

I happen to think that some profs are meant to be easy and others are meant to be hard. The lowest common denominator players play the easy professions, and the others look for more of a challenge by playing the harder professions. I think this is healthy for the game.

My idea of balance isn't for every profession to work the same or for every profession to be as easy as the other to play. My idea of balance is that when you work hard on a difficult profession to play, you can do as well as the ones that put effort into easier professions.

The metric of imbalance for easy professions is if said profession is too easy compared to other easy professions. The metric of imbalance for hard professions is whether or not they can be as successful as the easy professions if they are played skillfully.
    Last edited by Anarrina; Oct 20th, 2009 at 17:12:05. Reason: removed profanity

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast