Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A shield for Keepers

I seriously do not understand how a 2-handed sword supports a shield? Got three arms?
    Neophyte Nerf"Shareida"Batted First Order
    Freshman Jefferey"Bailan2"Ginsberg - Retired
    Shareidah - First Order

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    it's written in the bible.
    Matthew 23:13 "and the trader hath casteth bulk trader at the young age of 14. and it was good. and so he hath an extra 260 comp lit and he hath equippeth better ncu's. and it was good too.
    A Producer's point of view

Quote Originally Posted by Shareida View Post
    I seriously do not understand how a 2-handed sword supports a shield? Got three arms?
    do you know how nanobots work?

I'm pretty sure I could make a cardboard cutout and stick it on my forearm.

Oh, are people honestly forgetting that this is the future..and humans have been enhance, even into different breeds?

First off, i'm sure an atrox can use a 2he weapon with a shield on there wrist just fine. And i'm guessing parry/riptose is based on a bit of stam/str? Not sure not logged in, thus making it harder for nm/soli/opi to use it due to lack of str/stam but still being able too.

Secondly, go ahead and try to heal someone thats about to die, like docs do, or blast someone to pieces like nt's do, it takes time for profs to do things well, and i'm sure if your were born to do something like....use a 2he sword and also have a shield you could eventually do it. If keepers were made to use a 2he + a shield then so be it thats what they were born to do and what they are good at, just like an enfo can take thousands upon thousands points of damage, because thats what there ment for. I don't get why people are basing this game off of life how it is now, or was in the past when it is thousands of years in the future and is a SCI-FI game. Keepers are 2he MASTERS, and since they are a master of it i have hope that they are able to move their shield out of the way fast enough to attack every second, even though you and i can't do it in real life lolol.

Thirdly, there are nanos which enhance what you are doing, your telling me that thousands of years, after humans have evolved and moved to a different planet there not able to use a 2he weapon and a shield?

People really need to get there imagination back.

Quote Originally Posted by fireduckjzz View Post
    Thirdly, there are nanos which enhance what you are doing, your telling me that thousands of years, after humans have evolved and moved to a different planet there not able to use a 2he weapon and a shield?

People really need to get there imagination back.
    Some ugly crossbow and blue shield just crossed over my mind. Srsly people, use that imagination a little.

Quote Originally Posted by Klod9000 View Post
    90% reflect is obviously overpowered for tl5, lock time is to short and such reqs are way to low for tl7. So, in general... It's way out of balance.

Do I have to draw it out for you as well?
    90% reflect is op at all levels. And it's not needed or useful for keepers anyway. A stun, snare or some other debuff Yes! More def via reflects or aad? No!

The sword in 1 hand and the shield in another hand? When you are running all the time wielding your 2h weapon with only 1 hand, I'm sure you get strong enough for that.

It wouldn't make much sense if anyone could do it but we are talking about 2he masters here. Hell in some other games there are profs who can dual wield 2h weapons just because they are strong enough. They don't even need any kind of magic or nano.
    blah

Quote Originally Posted by NoGoal View Post
    90% reflect is op at all levels. And it's not needed or useful for keepers anyway. A stun, snare or some other debuff Yes! More def via reflects or aad? No!

The sword in 1 hand and the shield in another hand? When you are running all the time wielding your 2h weapon with only 1 hand, I'm sure you get strong enough for that.

It wouldn't make much sense if anyone could do it but we are talking about 2he masters here. Hell in some other games there are profs who can dual wield 2h weapons just because they are strong enough. They don't even need any kind of magic or nano.
    Agree, something like monkey-grip in d&d 3.5

Yeah it doesn't even need a debuff as dual wielding will already nerf your regular dmg output.
    blah

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    If blade of khiones will had a 2he req of 1950 and 1150 brawl, it would pawn.

I'm capping out at 1920 2he, but, if I went uber twink and put on 300 shoulders, it would be possible.. only for the uber.
    Is this 1920 2he from your current setup (250 ofab and 255 merc)? If it is with some ql 300 ofabs and lox ncus for 2he you should be around 2040 2he so very close. Make a post on keeper forums and see if it is possible now, who knows.

OT this reflect is silly. Melee sold? No thx.
    Asasello, Sottcapo, Ciex, Rychu, Ciek, Zomowiec, Ciekafsky, Rysiek, Chinaski, Libertarian, Propertarian.

As explained in my suggested idea there are not only styles of shields that attach to ones forearm but the advancement of nano technology (for strength as well as other things) would more then allow for any discrepancies of "insufficient strength" to hold two handed weapon and as if it were meant for one hand.

Last I checked no human can even wield with two hands things like the Xan 2hb (cant remember the name atm) and yet we can, so I think we can hold something like SoTi/Excalibur/Xan/Kyr etc with one hand and even swing with one hand though as also explained in my thread you can easily take a two handed grip to swing and use the shield when not actively swinging (holding the weapon in one hand then).

Though I agree 90% reflect is to much imo.
    Enter the Information Age
    Proc Descriptions

Hunt, and be hunted: The Hunting Grounds | Alien Tower Field :Aliens, that really invade!
    Pet argo management: Servants Protection | Expand the Notum Silo :Make it worthwhile

Rimor
    Tesgri - 220|17|58 (Omni Agent)
    Leara - 220|25|62 (Omni Doctor)
    Ponygirl - 220|25|56 (Omni Bureaucrat)
    Means: "We have done way dumber things than this..."

Quote Originally Posted by Moonbolt View Post
    not a bad idea for an item....
    my only concern is that keepers with their massiev parry/riposte already gonna out tank enforcers by far in both PvM and PvP.
    adding sheilds with functions like this will definately do that.
    I see no massive taunts on the horizon for Keepers. Big whoop, Keepers are arguably the best tank for DB2, it doesn't mean they're the -only- tank for DB2.

Anyway I think this is a silly idea. Continuing with the "Keepers should be anti melee" theme, Keeper defense is fine against melee, it's offense that's sorely lacking, which ultimately makes the defense appear crap because they eventually die, being unable to either a: perk the melee opponent or b: be unable to pump enough damage into the melee opponent with their entire perk string.

As for talking about "realism" when it comes to a "2 handed" weapon plus a shield, given that in a fight, FEMALE solitus toons hold "big heavy" weapon over their HEAD when not swinging and run around with the same "big heavy" weapon in a manner that would require forearms thicker than a powerlifter's neck, well, just lol.
    Last edited by Hacre; Oct 23rd, 2009 at 13:50:28.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12