Thread: Shades and Mongo Rage

Shades and Mongo Rage

I made my shade atrox because of 1 perk: Mongo Rage. I even called him Mongoshade for that reason. The main idea was to have an option when I encountered evade professions, or got AR drained (since our NR isnt that great and especially traders do drain shades from good to useless) and unable to perk anything. It is an all or nothing perk, and If I /fail well...im in trouble.

After finishing the grind 220/30/70 I was going to complete him for the perfect setup for PvP, then I get the impression MR will be useless with the incoming perk changes? Or am I wrong?

Please Funcom, dont mess up mongo rage lol

Here is a moment of successful use of Mongo Rage (MR shade vs. fixer)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4I5HN2n_ZI

This is how is should be! /flamebait mode enabled

From my understanding, the shade perks (that use Peircing as the attack modifier) have no change with the AAO|AAD changes, so MR would still effect them

MR will be less effective on the perks that checked your attack rating vs xxx because it used to count twice. Now it will count once.

Quote Originally Posted by -XeI20- View Post
    *makes a cone out of cardboard*
    Now wear this and sit in a corner to think about what you've done Sunflare!

Honestly. To ask that Shades remain in a state where MR is viewed as something 'vital' to the function of your toon...Go wear that hat..now.
    it`s a nice hat, and your not getting it back! Ofc I dont want shades to be in a state where we have to rely on MR to be useful, but we dont have 4k ar like soldiers and enfos can reach :/

Quote Originally Posted by Superflare View Post
    it`s a nice hat, and your not getting it back! Ofc I dont want shades to be in a state where we have to rely on MR to be useful, but we dont have 4k ar like soldiers and enfos can reach :/
    A better solution would be to reduce SP and Blur perk defense checks by quite a bit so that all breeds can have a good chance of perking other players (it gives evade players a slight advantage since Shades have to set up the alpha instead of being able to start right away).
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Quote Originally Posted by Saetos View Post
    A better solution would be to reduce SP and Blur perk defense checks by quite a bit so that all breeds can have a good chance of perking other players (it gives evade players a slight advantage since Shades have to set up the alpha instead of being able to start right away).
    Yeah this was what I hoped for with the perk changes

I'm just kind of short on patience I suppose. From all the good ideas thrown around to rebalance Shades, not one actually made it in. Nothing, nada, zilch. Not only this, but the 'improvements' given were miniscule and greatly overshadowed by the nerfs and tweaks given to other profs.

The way these 'new' perks are Shades will still be od'd or nearly od'd by crats and engis!! WTF! Can haz ability to constantly debuff inits by 1000, buff aad by 500, aao by 300, buff xp, mez bosses, gief flects, debuff aao by 2k, team warp, and pull 260k dpm?!!
    Solsfedaykin 220/70/23 Soli Adv
    Shivj00 220/70/30 Trox Shade
    Solsxtitan 150/x/x Trox Enfo

So far only got the first plans for the profession specific lines, these will no doubt be modified if it seems they need to be via (reasonable) discussion on the forums, not only that but theres still lots more balancing stuff to come out that they havn't finished the first plans for (such as the making normal hits land more often ka evade nerf)

Probably the best thing you can do if you see something that needs a change but doesnt seem to be changed is not get overly emoitional, instead come up with a nice competant arguement as to why it needs changing and maybe even a recommended balanced change.
    Last edited by Xenotric; Oct 17th, 2009 at 17:47:08.

Quote Originally Posted by -XeI20- View Post
    I'm just kind of short on patience I suppose. From all the good ideas thrown around to rebalance Shades, not one actually made it in. Nothing, nada, zilch. Not only this, but the 'improvements' given were miniscule and greatly overshadowed by the nerfs and tweaks given to other profs.

The way these 'new' perks are Shades will still be od'd or nearly od'd by crats and engis!! WTF! Can haz ability to constantly debuff inits by 1000, buff aad by 500, aao by 300, buff xp, mez bosses, gief flects, debuff aao by 2k, team warp, and pull 260k dpm?!!
    I still feel that we can achieve great DD if we go pure pvm style, but we are not what we used to be compared to other professions like engie, crats, NTs, soldiers (not D-shark noobs). But my main concern is in pvp. I wouldnt mind dual wielding a par of Macrosun foamfingers hiting 1-1 (1) dmg, if only I could unleash my perks on everyone (as in loow def check on our perks)

Just give us a weapon with 1-1(1) and on equip +3000 piercing and we can run around actually perking people like shades are supposed to hehe

Just give us a weapon with 1-1(1) and on equip +3000 piercing and we can run around actually perking people like shades are supposed to hehe
    Oh, pretty please, do that, I'm tired of backstab+SA actually dropping me to 40%, just because MR actuall helps landing backstab. Make so shades can perk and do 15 points SA/BS. BUMP!
    Quote Originally Posted by Brucelee2003 View Post
    If someone thinks he can win by dirty tricks - he totally wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrys View Post
    Damn nazis
    Edit: No Annarina we're not talking about you this time...

Steps needed to balance shades:
    1. Remove MR/make it unavailable for shades
    2. Balance shades

MR is one of the most notable unbalancing things in the game, it has to go.

Here is a moment of successful use of Mongo Rage (MR shade vs. fixer)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4I5HN2n_ZI
    selfowned what you gonna prove with the vid?
    Last edited by Graftmage; Oct 17th, 2009 at 18:29:07.
    220 Shade | 220 NT | 220 Crat | 220 Fixer | 220 Agent | 165 Adv

Quote Originally Posted by Graftmage View Post
    Steps needed to balance shades:
    1. Remove MR/make it unavailable for shades
    2. Balance shades

MR is one of the most notable unbalancing things in the game, it has to go.

selfowned what you gonna prove with the vid?
    If I thought It would help explaining you something I would

:(

you do not need mr to kill fixer just press q
    and yeah mr is the only reason people have rolled trox toons so if something big is gona change with mr they need to make breed change avaliable for real money payment
    which all u need is to copy paste 220 30 70 toons and just rename them
    example copy a 220 30 70 opi shade and keep it so when ever some one wants a 220 30 70 opi shade inexchange of his 220 30 70 trox shade just copy opi shade and rename that opi shade his trox shade and delete his trox shade

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by babek View Post
    you do not need mr to kill fixer just press q
    and yeah mr is the only reason people have rolled trox toons so if something big is gona change with mr they need to make breed change avaliable for real money payment
    which all u need is to copy paste 220 30 70 toons and just rename them
    example copy a 220 30 70 opi shade and keep it so when ever some one wants a 220 30 70 opi shade inexchange of his 220 30 70 trox shade just copy opi shade and rename that opi shade his trox shade and delete his trox shade
    Well I rolled my trox shade because trox shades look awesome.

And btw imho the crying about MR is just because ppl thought they had an invulnerable def setup and shouldn't be perkable from anyone.
    Lets see:
    Mongo-Rage:
    Recharge 150 Seconds.
    Attack time 3s
    Duration 10 seconds
    On Use Self Modify Offense modifier 1500

So you have 10 seconds to queue up your perks after MR is fired.

IIRC shades aren't a root prof(grafts aren't always available) so if the victim just keeps attention to the messages above the shades head he can just run 10 secs and after that has a victim with this:
    On End:
    User
    Hit Health Energy -500 .. -500 10 hits, 1s delay
    if Health >= 501
    Self Modify Run speed -1000
    Self Modify Offense modifier -1000

Now if you compare the above with AS, you favorite NT nanos, <insert your most hated special here>, etc. ... you will see that it's not that overpowered.

Anyway, IMHO Shades in general should be able to perk nearly every other prof, just because they mainly rely on their perks. I'm happy to give away my MR if all shades get a bit more AR.

Maybe FC should really remove MR and make it a new shade perk that does something like 500-1000 AAO or so.

Anyway my shade stays trox, no matter what!

Quote Originally Posted by SoldiTwo View Post
    And btw imho the crying about MR is just because ppl thought they had an invulnerable def setup and shouldn't be perkable from anyone.
    To be honest, MR shades never bothered me near as much as MR soldiers. MR should have been a melee class perk and not an atrox breed perk.

And soldiers have too much AR even without MR. (at least with the old "everything works off AR" AI perks)

I have to agree MR isnt somethin superpowerfull. Most of the ppl using Mr dont even have a clue how to use it.

I got MR perked on my shade just cuz there are some proffesions that if im not pre drained (keepin pre drained is hard as it is in BS) i have to perk to kill. this includeds agents (evade agents seems more popular then ever, need roughly 3.2k to perk em with blur), crats,nt once blind is on, traders,enfs etc etc.

But the main reason i even went trox is Wit, so funny to see soldier never perk u <3
    Beertrinker
    Shadyyy
    Bultcratie
    Vaihelvete
    Proud Member of Paradise
    Quote Originally Posted by ithacana View Post
    Beer is like chocolatey secs goodness, how could you doubt him?