Thread: Nano Resist...

Nano Resist...

AAD not being counted isn't this gonna screw over NR professions even more at lower tl's... NR (The perk line) allready isn't working as it should as it's allready possible to land something with that line perked, the perk line makes you sacrifice alot, so it should make you completely immune to anything nano related...
    Neophyte/Sergeant/Tactician Escritores - Proud General of ..:Nordic Alliance:.. - 220/27/56 - Soldier - Equip - outdated...
    Poacher Overpoweredz - Proud UC of ..:Nordic Alliance:.. - 169/9/X - ADV - Equip outdated
    Chiropractor/Tactician Kartoon - Proud SC of ..:Nordic Alliance:.. - 150/12/12 - Doctor - TL5 PvP incoming. Under construction.
    Also a Freshman Crat, Freshman/Student/Squire/Captain Keep, Freshman/Phreaker/Scout Fix and a bunch of other tower punks and alts...
    Soldier Weaponrack: Anger of Xan, Dreadloch Modified Shark, Amplified KOC-Type 13, Lord Of Anger, AHF, SRPB, KOC-Type 12, KOEC-Type 3, 179-214-237 Coop, Supernova, Omni-Flamer.
    Gromulator: Go troll in your cavern , mr happy Bunny.
    Romaas about lvl 49 soldier BS twinks using CDR's
    Quote Originally Posted by Romaas View Post
    at 49 its totally awesome damage.

That makes no sense. AAO/AAD not being counted in nanoskill/nr checking perks will make notum repulsor more effective relatively speaking, not less...

It is absolutely ridiculous to think a perkline should make you invulnerable to entire professions.

AAD never effected nano resist. it never has and it never will. think of GA fixers.

i coulda missed the point of this entirely, if so ill remove or edit my post to make sense or be more useful.
    Shadwstalker - In before agents are cool again! http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=171841
    Imsoparanoid - gimpeh http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=128791
    Shadwenf - gimpeh http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=133295

aad never did work with NR against regular Nanos. All that is changed now is that aad is not added to NR against perks as well.

The only nerf that occurred to aao is that it is no longer added twice to perks that use "Attack Modifier" as attack skill. (e.g. CoNC, ColA perks). It is still added once.
    keep smiling
    Najade s, Najengi s, Najngi s, Najmp s, Shadysannz, Toccata, Frobos, Chaodoc, Najcrat, Najtank
    sannz - ENL - NR01-GOLF-11
    a time of changing has begun; the leaves are fallen and undone; inside my spirit starts to run; and all my fears are overcome. - Chiasm, Rewind, 2005

Quote Originally Posted by sannz View Post
    The only nerf that occurred to aao is that it is no longer added twice to perks that use "Attack Modifier" as attack skill. (e.g. CoNC, ColA perks). It is still added once.
    Well, that, and AAO is no longer also added to to perks which don't use weapon skills or weapon specials as their attack skills. So a Mech Engi using perk action won't get AAO added on it, just like the NR def skill it's going to have won't have AAD added to that either.

This causes situations which seem to confuse some people with certain weapons that use non-weapon skills/specials as their attack skills, such as Combat Remod which use aforementioned Mech Engi. While perks which use Mech Engi as their attack skill won't have AAO added on top of it, whichever perk action has Attack Modifier (which in this example is very much based on Mech Engi) as its attack skill will also have the AAO counted in it, just like any other weapon would.
    Executing Nano Program: Gift of Assurance. Target has not enough nano controlling units (NCU) left. Swordbreaker: Not enough NCU. O_o Fixichong: FFS Fixichong: ive failed as a fixer Fixichong: i quit

One of the first of those people who put the Infused Dust Brigade Engineer Pistol (2,7k ME/EE making req) + Infused Master Engineer Pistol on the same Engineer before any updates that fixed anything (including the original sync issues inside the DB instance), lolz!11

seeing in 6 months only NT's on BS :-p

Quote Originally Posted by Swordbreaker- View Post
    Well, that, and AAO is no longer also added to to perks which don't use weapon skills or weapon specials as their attack skills. So a Mech Engi using perk action won't get AAO added on it, just like the NR def skill it's going to have won't have AAD added to that either.

This causes situations which seem to confuse some people with certain weapons that use non-weapon skills/specials as their attack skills, such as Combat Remod which use aforementioned Mech Engi. While perks which use Mech Engi as their attack skill won't have AAO added on top of it, whichever perk action has Attack Modifier (which in this example is very much based on Mech Engi) as its attack skill will also have the AAO counted in it, just like any other weapon would.
    Quote Originally Posted by Genele View Post
    I'll give you an example:

My agent uses a rifle.

If my agent uses a perk with 100% Attack modifier as attack skill:
    His rifle skill is 1500
    His add all off is 500
    My agent's attack rating is: 1500 + 500 = 2000
    Attack modifier = Attack Rating = 2000
    As you can see here, add all off will be added once if I use a perk with attack modifier as attack skill.

If my agent uses a perk with 100% Rifle as attack skill:
    His rifle skill is 1500
    His add all off is 500
    His total attack skill would be 2000 since add all off will be added when a weapon skill is used as attack skill.
    All perks will still have aao added once to them.
    keep smiling
    Najade s, Najengi s, Najngi s, Najmp s, Shadysannz, Toccata, Frobos, Chaodoc, Najcrat, Najtank
    a time of changing has begun; the leaves are fallen and undone; inside my spirit starts to run; and all my fears are overcome. - Chiasm, Rewind, 2005

only if its a weaponskill or a weaponspecial
    Thedevil 220/30 Adventurer
    My Collage

Quote Originally Posted by sannz View Post
    All perks will still have aao added once to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDdevil View Post
    only if its a weaponskill or a weaponspecial
    Indeed! And as I said in my example, ME is not a weapon skill.
    Executing Nano Program: Gift of Assurance. Target has not enough nano controlling units (NCU) left. Swordbreaker: Not enough NCU. O_o Fixichong: FFS Fixichong: ive failed as a fixer Fixichong: i quit

One of the first of those people who put the Infused Dust Brigade Engineer Pistol (2,7k ME/EE making req) + Infused Master Engineer Pistol on the same Engineer before any updates that fixed anything (including the original sync issues inside the DB instance), lolz!11

Quote Originally Posted by Swordbreaker- View Post
    Indeed! And as I said in my example, ME is not a weapon skill.
    hmm, that would somewhat suck. On the other hand, with those perks checking vs NR (which will have 0 aad attached), I guess its not much of a loss.
    keep smiling

Quote Originally Posted by drainbamage View Post
    It is absolutely ridiculous to think a perkline should make you invulnerable to entire professions.
    I think it's fine considering the sacrifice you're making.
    Deadfroobs - 18 agent- Work in progress
    Reidsangry - 30 enf - Work in progress
    Reidsmp - 76 mp
    Reidsagent - 95 agent/enf
    Reidsdrainz - 114 agent
    Reidscrat - 161 crat
    Reids - 218 crat
    Reidventurer - 220 advy
    Reidsma - 220 MA

It would be fine if the opposite existed, making one run with 28k evades at the cost of weaponskill. Which doesnt exist. So no, there's nothing fine in it.
    Tribute to Aratink : Racatti and Artyomis will be pale shadows of you as long as they don't have the infamous Clanslator in their sig.
    Noim, Neutral TL7 NT
    Sethis, Neutral TL7 Keeper
    Anthraxal, Omni TL5 Enfotrox

Quote Originally Posted by Wurzelfamilie View Post
    seeing in 6 months only NT's on BS :-p
    Why? I can assure you that there will be MPs as well.

AAD was NEVER added to NR for the purpose of nanos, only perks.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

At most its just going to change what professions debuff perks will land on - changing a perks from evade+AAD check to NR check will allow you to perk MAs and Fixers easier for instance, while making (raged) Enfos and NTs more difficult. Just an example, but it really does seem to be more of a rebalance than an outright nerf in a lot of cases.
    -= Make the new engine look even better. Don't forget to post a screenshot! =-

Quote Originally Posted by reids View Post
    I think it's fine considering the sacrifice you're making.
    Sorry, but that's nonsense. You can't balance something overpowered by sticking an equally ludicrous debuff on to it. Would a nano that kills everything in 30 yards be balanced if it locked out all weapon and nano skills for half an hour? No, it'd just be stupid.

Not really considering you completely give up the use of nanos yourself it makes pretty much perfect sense...

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    AAD was NEVER added to NR for the purpose of nanos, only perks.
    I know... Still doesn't change what I wrote it's gonna make it easier to land perks, when nanos allready land on NR which is a nerf to the perk line... I can somewhat deal with nanos that shouldn't land are landing, but perks too having a higher chance of landing is just a step in the wrong direction... Unless i read it wrong?

Sorry, but that's nonsense. You can't balance something overpowered by sticking an equally ludicrous debuff on to it. Would a nano that kills everything in 30 yards be balanced if it locked out all weapon and nano skills for half an hour? No, it'd just be stupid.
    You clearly never had anything with NR perked if you call it OP...
    Last edited by Escritores; Oct 17th, 2009 at 15:12:04.
    Neophyte/Sergeant/Tactician Escritores - Proud General of ..:Nordic Alliance:.. - 220/27/56 - Soldier - Equip - outdated...
    Poacher Overpoweredz - Proud UC of ..:Nordic Alliance:.. - 169/9/X - ADV - Equip outdated
    Chiropractor/Tactician Kartoon - Proud SC of ..:Nordic Alliance:.. - 150/12/12 - Doctor - TL5 PvP incoming. Under construction.
    Also a Freshman Crat, Freshman/Student/Squire/Captain Keep, Freshman/Phreaker/Scout Fix and a bunch of other tower punks and alts...
    Soldier Weaponrack: Anger of Xan, Dreadloch Modified Shark, Amplified KOC-Type 13, Lord Of Anger, AHF, SRPB, KOC-Type 12, KOEC-Type 3, 179-214-237 Coop, Supernova, Omni-Flamer.
    Gromulator: Go troll in your cavern , mr happy Bunny.
    Romaas about lvl 49 soldier BS twinks using CDR's
    Quote Originally Posted by Romaas View Post
    at 49 its totally awesome damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Escritores View Post
    You clearly never had anything with NR perked if you call it OP...
    I'm referring to the suggestion that would make it OP:
    so it should make you completely immune to anything nano related...