Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nano Rage!

Nano Rage!

Could be nice to see AI Nanomage genome lines a bit reworked.
    The specials are almost useless in pvm and pvp environnement.

Imagine a Nano Rage, with a short boost of xxx all in nanoskills and with some kind of drawback like a NSD to avoid using it for buffing or easy casting offensive nano

=> better chance to land a perk checking Nanoskill/NR

Or give us some kind of mana shield perk, or just readjust the offense/defense check for the offensiv perks of this lines.
    I dont care, but do something on NM AI breed lines please!

The reflects can be very useful, but I have to agree that 100% nanocost modifier is dumb.
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

What if for a few seconds a NM could use their Nanopool to absorb damage instead of their HP... That would help their def quite a bit... and would be a worthy "reworking" of their otherwise frustratingly dull ai perks...

make it worth using! The other breed perks are quite powerful so shouldn't this one be as well? Might add a little something for the SB while your at it...
    Last edited by bungerman; Oct 17th, 2009 at 06:51:52.
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Dirty Underpants of Bungerman
    Runspeed: - 1989
    Sense: -314
    Intelligence: -50

These befouled undergarments are painfully confining having previously belonged to a detail-oriented individual with much smaller genitals. Walking is difficult...running is impossible. Stains of a dubious nature adorn both the front and back of these "tighty-whities". Noxious fumes make your eyes burn and your nose run while wearing these. One can only imagine what you are doing wearing them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mijjet View Post
    What if for a few seconds a NM could use their Nanopool to absorb damage instead of their HP...
    Then there'd be a reason to put IP in nano pool.
    Last edited by Swordbreaker-; Oct 17th, 2009 at 12:46:46. Reason: typo lol
    Executing Nano Program: Gift of Assurance. Target has not enough nano controlling units (NCU) left. Swordbreaker: Not enough NCU. O_o Fixichong: FFS Fixichong: ive failed as a fixer Fixichong: i quit

One of the first of those people who put the Infused Dust Brigade Engineer Pistol (2,7k ME/EE making req) + Infused Master Engineer Pistol on the same Engineer before any updates that fixed anything (including the original sync issues inside the DB instance), lolz!11

That's sorta the idea behind Notum Shield to begin with. 15% reflects at a cost of 500 nano per second.

The nanocost debuff could use reworking, but not keen on the idea of a nanomage rage sort of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dancingrage View Post
    The nanocost debuff could use reworking, but not keen on the idea of a nanomage rage sort of thing.
    Nanomage rage would of course be an AOE stun for at least five seconds, and would also cause those caught in it to do the two laughing emotes.

But rework of the Nanomage alien perk actions would be great. Only use for them right now is ability buffing, and that's about it.

And IMO the Notum Shield is a bit too costly for just 15% more reflects on top of what you already can have, both in the amount of nano it drains even when you aren't being attacked AND in the amount of perks required to get it.
    Executing Nano Program: Gift of Assurance. Target has not enough nano controlling units (NCU) left. Swordbreaker: Not enough NCU. O_o Fixichong: FFS Fixichong: ive failed as a fixer Fixichong: i quit

One of the first of those people who put the Infused Dust Brigade Engineer Pistol (2,7k ME/EE making req) + Infused Master Engineer Pistol on the same Engineer before any updates that fixed anything (including the original sync issues inside the DB instance), lolz!11

That's sorta the idea behind Notum Shield to begin with. 15% reflects at a cost of 500 nano per second.

Chance of break on that reflect should be removed.

Quote Originally Posted by Klod9000 View Post
    This
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

Nango Rage sounds better

Yeah, the nano cost is very steep for profs with relatively low nanopools who opt for nanomage. A GTHed nanomage won't have this reflect bonus for very long either.

Quote Originally Posted by Klod9000 View Post
    Definately, it's quite a silly idea. I might have rolled a duplicate NM soldier if it weren't for those two faults in the perk.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordbreaker- View Post
    Nanomage rage would of course be an AOE stun for at least five seconds, and would also cause those caught in it to do the two laughing emotes.
    This made me chuckle; Mongo Rage!: RAAWWR, Rage of the Nanomage!: miau...

I think removing the chance to break would be good, and put perhaps a small 100ish absorb that cycles every 2 seconds or so?

not enough to make invulnerable but enough to soften blows and work together with the reflects?

Quote Originally Posted by Questra View Post
    Yeah, the nano cost is very steep for profs with relatively low nanopools who opt for nanomage. A GTHed nanomage won't have this reflect bonus for very long either.

Definately, it's quite a silly idea. I might have rolled a duplicate NM soldier if it weren't for those two faults in the perk.

soli's can have great fun too in reflect setups, i know its not like nm with 100% in all, and theres more sacrifices to be made, but even if done for 100%+ proj reflect, worth it at least to have the liberty of using it w.e you'd like too

wtb more profs stuck to proj dmg;p so far most fun is vs. other fellow anger of xan soljas;p

more on topic tho: bump for reworking nm genome perks, at the very least make notum shield usefull ( current nano cost+just 15%+chance to break is useless )

ive had this line trained on my doc before FC added bow skill to CoLA, ran arround with it for a long long time, and tbh, ive found more use for PEN perk from the same line, at least it did land on soldiers and gimps (yes, just on one out of all profs, and even that not always - TS and SI are far from being maxed on my doc, and its 17% attack skill from each nano skill ), helping greatly to finish one off once he runs low on hp and decides to just run away

the sole idea of notum shield is awesome, it just needs a bit lub:

-up the reflect % on it

-drop the break chance completely

-depending on changes to the reflect % either leave it as it is or lower the cost if relfect % stays same or increased by just a bit
    Last edited by Insane666; Oct 18th, 2009 at 12:39:40.
    The most obvious MB on Rubi-Ka
    Insane666 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Soldier Insanity669 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage Doc Insanity699 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage MP
    Insanity696 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Bureaucrat Insane669 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Fixer Insanity666 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage NT

Insane699 ( 164/22 ) Solitus Trader Insane969 ( 150/20 ) S10 Trox Smurf

Omni-Tek
    Hells Hero for a decade, now a Punk
    spreading insanity all over rk, since 2005

Quote Originally Posted by Tamalou View Post
    Spending 20 points in both genome perks allow nanomage to do two "exceptional" 500 max pvp-damage.

1) 2 perks are useless damage AND impossible to land.
    2) 1 debuff impossible to land on people using nano (the only who could be affected have enough NR)
    3) the only buff perk has a major negative effect (more affecting than the -1k RS of atrox one)

Yeah for other breed some perks arent good, but each got 2 or 3 perks that can be usefull.
    Nanomage got 0.

FC, can you investigate the % of people using genome perk for each breed? (not including twinkage)
    and compare it with % of trox/soli/opi using their genome perks!

"Old" post from game suggestion.

I dont wanna OP perks, but if you, FC, could please, at least, have a look at them, it will be a very good start!

It occurred to me that with the idea Mr_Road had about mixing up perk actions (on the genome perk thread found here) where you mixed in each genome perkline one defensive and one offensive action.

For Nanomages, an idea would be:

Primary Genome (the smarts one): First perk action at lv 3: scaling absorb screen at 500-1000 per perk, so at perk 3 you'd already get 1500-3k absorb screen, then scaling up from there to perk 10. While the NM endurance booster is a really nice item, Nanomages needed this sort of thing from TL1 up, not just 200+. Then have at perk 10 Sword at 500%-1000% nanocost. 100% nanocost is nothing at 220, but 500% or 1000% is something you're going to notice. For fun, you could have it run as a spirit-type attack, running off of Current Nano vs Max Nano, would really punish folks who didn't IP Nano Pool or reset it.

Secondary Genome (the beef one): Pen isn't bad at the level you get it, but it has a really bad break chance compared to even similar roots and snares at that level, and it just goes downhill from there. Having it scale in damage and break chance means it'll be useful for folks who need a CC tool that'll be reliable as they level. Notum Shield needs it's break chance removed and probably upped to 25-30%. 500 nano per tick should stay, however and at it's cost. That gives most folks with no IP in Nano Pool about 6-10 seconds and if you really want to make the most of this perk, you need to actually invest in Nano Pool (not unlike the Primary Genome attack which is better with more nano pool as I currently have it envisioned, who'da thunk?)

What do you guys think of that for an idea?

Nano Rage!

Sensory Impr 1500
    Psycho Modi 1500
    Matt.Metam 1500
    Time&Space 1500
    Matter Crea 1500
    Bio Metamor 1500
    Nano attack damage modifier 250

Muahaha!
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Quote Originally Posted by Saetos View Post
    Nano Rage!

Sensory Impr 1500
    Psycho Modi 1500
    Matt.Metam 1500
    Time&Space 1500
    Matter Crea 1500
    Bio Metamor 1500
    Nano attack damage modifier 250

Muahaha!
    And on end it NSDs you ?

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Then a whole -1k nanoskills and -100 nanodamage afterwards?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wakizaka View Post
    And on end it NSDs you ?
    Sounds good
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast