Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 3K Aimed shot req agent's perk

Folks: Stop arguing or I will remove your ability to argue, or do anything else on these forums, for at least a month. That is not the purpose of this forum and I will not tolerate it. Start behaving.
    Guardian Venachar
    Public Forums Moderator - Deputy Team Lead | Professionals Liaison
    Forums Team | Community Relations Department | Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Sir! Yes sir!

OK, starting... Now.

Good, now i'm sure someone from dev team read topic Ty, Klod

Quote Originally Posted by Questra View Post
    One thing I noticed was that alot of agent perks are going to take longer to execute now. This is going to hit my agent pretty hard, and I'm eager to see if this fabled AS backstab will let me kill docs or not at tl5.
    I think you'll find that the average perk execution time of Hostile Agent perks is currently a bit over 4 seconds, with the changes listed in the documents the average execution time should be just under 2 seconds. That is a significant improvement, even if a couple of them, Tranq/CS, have been slowed down.
    Ebondevil - Omni Level 220 Agent on Atlantean, Feel free to contact me any time if you have questions, in game or out.
    Varinox - Omni Level 220 Meta-Physicist on Atlantean
    Yamarra - Omni Level 150 Shade on Atlantean

Feel free to send me any tell in game or a Private Message if you require anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Berserkmc View Post
    He said he have 3300 AS AR, same as my, so not
    well the point of my thread is :

if aao isn't counted 3K AS skill is a pain to get

if aao is counted it's easy ofc

but from what I've read aao ain't counted so please lower the req.

Klod roll and agent and show me how to get 3K AS skill without contract and static (no temp nano).

Quote Originally Posted by laillea View Post
    well the point of my thread is :

if aao is counted it's easy ofc

but from what I've read aao ain't counted so please lower the req.

Klod roll and agent and show me how to get 3K AS skill without contract and static (no temp nano).
    My point was (and probably dev's as well - as seen on lots of other perk actions, for other professions, which you didn't check yet, obviously), it's not intended for everyone to have easy access to top tier damage on these perks.

Good, now i'm sure someone from dev team read topic Ty, Klod
    I'm not employed by FunCom, nor am I a Developer, sorry!
    Guardian Venachar
    Public Forums Moderator - Deputy Team Lead | Professionals Liaison
    Forums Team | Community Relations Department | Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Quote Originally Posted by Venachar View Post
    I'm not employed by FunCom, nor am I a Developer, sorry!
    Doh I hope they look here with at least one eye.

I hate to tell that, but in that part Klod is right. I have 2950 AS skill, w/o contracts and towers, just right now. So it's not a pain.

Pain is land perks, that rely on Rifle Skill, i have it 2600, 350 less, than AS, and i can not land any perk on decent evade setup. Only AS/AI perks lands just right now. After perk changing patch all agents perks will be pain in the ass to land.
    Last edited by Berserkmc; Oct 17th, 2009 at 17:46:05.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebondevil View Post
    I think you'll find that the average perk execution time of Hostile Agent perks is currently a bit over 4 seconds, with the changes listed in the documents the average execution time should be just under 2 seconds. That is a significant improvement, even if a couple of them, Tranq/CS, have been slowed down.
    i think youll find agent Tl5 alpha is Mainly CS/PP/feast/fuzz AS lava fling - dim .... main DD perks are 1 sec excutions ... with that time being doubled and CS damaged ebing nerfed, questra has a point, for once.
    Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    considering how many ranged advies omni has, clan did quite a job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciex View Post
    Ive rolled NT and rarely make it longer than 3-4s vs fixers.
    Talking whats OP and whats not by people who have never really played so told OP profession is just lame.

Quote Originally Posted by Klod9000 View Post
    My point was (and probably dev's as well - as seen on lots of other perk actions, for other professions, which you didn't check yet, obviously), it's not intended for everyone to have easy access to top tier damage on these perks.
    Doh I hope they look here with at least one eye.

I hate to tell that, but in that part Klod is right. I have 2950 AS skill, w/o contracts and towers, just right now. So it's not a pain.

Pain is land perks, that rely on Rifle Skill, i have it 2600, 350 less, than AS, and i can not land any perk on decent evade setup. Only AS/AI perks lands just right now. After perk changing patch all agents perks will be pain in the ass to land.
    I believe these are both incorrect. Without towers or contracts, I understand an Opi agent should be about 100 short of 3k in entirely endgame equipment, sans Penultimate chest. Thus, I agree with Laillea that the AR modifier should be dropped. I'm not considering towers, because towers shouldn't make or break a setup.

I could be wrong though.
    Could you two perhaps post the setup you're looking at for an easy 3k AS skill?

Quote Originally Posted by srompu View Post
    I believe these are both incorrect. Without towers or contracts, I understand an Opi agent should be about 100 short of 3k in entirely endgame equipment, sans Penultimate chest. Thus, I agree with Laillea that the AR modifier should be dropped. I'm not considering towers, because towers shouldn't make or break a setup.

I could be wrong though.
    I think they should, for a top-tier PvP setup. And anyways, even with only 2k skill, majority of new perk damage actions surpasses current ones.

I could be wrong though.
    Dont like to work with auno, so use your setup. Same(with minor AAO to AAD changes)+all new nanos+GP+300 city = 2950 AS w/o contracts. And 3k AR with rifle skill 2600. Get OFAB Chest, and you get 3k AS easy. And in this setup you getting around 3.1k Rifle AR with CoHA.
    Last edited by Berserkmc; Oct 17th, 2009 at 22:12:51.

Dont like to work with auno, so use your setup. Same(with minor AAO to AAD changes)+all new nanos+GP+300 city = 2950 AS w/o contracts. And 3k AR with rifle skill 2600. Get OFAB Chest, and you get 3k AS easy. And in this setup you getting around 3.1k Rifle AR with CoHA.
    Base Opi AS at 220, with GP, ATTS, comps, and Way is 1599.
    Add trickle from that setup to get 1651.
    Add that setup's AS skill (1261) to get 2912.
    Ofab chest is 85 vs css 30, so +55 to get 2967.
    This is a pure endgame setup, and still 33 short. This is not "easy." There isn't much twinking to do at 220; it either works or it doesn't.

You need tl7 towers, a very high ql contract, or bizarre things such as using a pelisse in order to break 3k AS skill.

Do you guys take in count Gnat's Wing?

Quote Originally Posted by Klod9000 View Post
    Do you guys take in count Gnat's Wing?
    No, since it unusable in PvP situations with 8s recharge.

Um I think I missed something.... why is 3k aimed shot so important as to do all this bickering over?

I mean yes I see that at 3k aimed shot some perks do more damage then at a lower skill but as stated theres a good chance theres scaling inbetween so you might still do more damage at say 2800 as then 2000.

Even if not theres nothing wrong with there being an upper limit to aim for if you want that little bit extra for a some sacrifice although non of the perks seemed to do that much more damage between the 2k and 3k mark it might be worth it for some. As 3k AS isnt NEEDED to do any damage only to do a little bit more, I really dont see all the need for all the fighting.

What I see the need for is asking for a reply about wether they scale inbetween, if they do theres really no issue if they dont then you might need to think what you want more, the bit of extra damage or what ever you get for not focusing on AS.

That said, most fixers would kill for a perk with any sort of damage scaling, even if it was set tiers that where difficult to get! And Im sure this post will get flamed and trolled and what not, but I dont really get all this hate.

As for the issues with agents, well im not 100% qualified to offer anything, (my agent never really made it that far, was rather dull though probably will try it again with the AS change) I would say that perhaps a lowered defense check on things (say 85-90% checks) on things but give up the dodge debuff nanos, your meant to be highly trained marksmen that can shoot well, not lowly gun toting maniacs that need to debuff to hit (that would be us fixers, and yes, I am annoyed at agents coming over here and stealing our debuffing job!)

Perhaps bullseye and such could be changed to something like a self only short term 100-150 AAO buff which coupled with lower defense checks should help with hitting things?

Just a thought
    Last edited by Xenotric; Oct 18th, 2009 at 01:12:42.

For a bit of background, this started out with agents looking at the way the perk damage was presented. It seemed unclear as to whether it was in fact a new template only 3k+, or whether it scaled the same as the old perks. Thus spawned the discussion about AS skill reachable.

This is a pure endgame setup, and still 33 short. This is not "easy." There isn't much twinking to do at 220; it either works or it doesn't.

You need tl7 towers, a very high ql contract, or bizarre things such as using a pelisse in order to break 3k AS skill.
    tower doesn t help with AS, only 250+ rifle/AS contract gives you the mission points

i hope it s aoo+AS >3K that way i could remove AS scope

Quote Originally Posted by laillea View Post
    tower doesn t help with AS, only 250+ rifle/AS contract gives you the mission points

i hope it s aoo+AS >3K that way i could remove AS scope
    Did you two ever play AO? Or at least had towers? Do you know there is a store buyable tower that adds AS skill? RANSACKING... At ql 220ish, it gives 34 AS skill, which would make the missing 33... And there are no 220 site, si it's 225, 230, 250 or 255.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brucelee2003 View Post
    If someone thinks he can win by dirty tricks - he totally wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrys View Post
    Damn nazis
    Edit: No Annarina we're not talking about you this time...

No, since it unusable in PvP situations with 8s recharge.
    Well, you should. God forbid to use other nanos but CH, tactically.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast